Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell Co. and Taylor Co. Cited for Scrimmage Violations, fined and put on probation
As per Josh Moore of the Herald Leader, Bell co. also fined $2500 and put on probation for scrimmage and practice time violations.
"Following the conclusion of its investigation, the KHSAA accepted a proposal from Bell County of a one-game suspension for head football coach Wayne Mills. In addition, the KHSAA has handed down the following penalties to Bell County:
(1) An institutional fine of $2,500 is assessed to the football program for violations at the football camp the weekend of August 7. This amount was lessened from the maximum allowable fine due to Bell County’s cooperation throughout the investigation.
(2) The football program of Bell County HS was placed on probation through the 2016-17 school year for failure to exercise institutional control within its program."
If I were a betting man there will be a few more go down as well. Feltner and Jabez may not be the best place anymore.
For the record I am changing the title...Bell County and Taylor County were both involved in this. We have been discussing Taylor in the other thread, but for the sake of clarity now that bell has been implicated we need to include both teams.
Xerxes Wrote:If I were a betting man there will be a few more go down as well. Feltner and Jabez may not be the best place anymore.

No doubt there will be.
How hard is it to know and follow the scrimmage rules?
Dag gone.......
bcpc Wrote:Dag gone.......
I hate that, don't you:Sad04:
Bell Co will still win by 60 on Friday night without Coach Mills.
Middlesboro Wrote:Bell Co will still win by 60 on Friday night without Coach Mills.
Why in the world would a bell county fan post under the name Middlesboro??? I would rather be called anything but bell county or bobcat. Dude...

:please:
I wouldn't want to be called "dude".

Confusednicker:
Granny Bear Wrote:I wouldn't want to be called "dude".

Confusednicker:
I guess not.:biggrin:
mysonis55 Wrote:How hard is it to know and follow the scrimmage rules?
It's not about the knowing and following. Knew and chose not to follow. That's the answer. Dudley apparently believed he was untouchable.
Well if Dudley didn't get Suspended isn't he technically still "untouched"
That is my Question to KHSAA, Why put Mills on suspension and Not Dudley???? Not fair !!! KHSAA has never been fair!!!
Bell went above the KHSAA and suspended coach..
How many KY teams get in an extra scrimmage? The majority. I could write a list a mile long from the past 20 plus years. Don't be so quick to say your remarks when you know your team is guilty of this as well. Ridiculous rule I might add. Bell will be fine. So will Mills.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:For the record I am changing the title...Bell County and Taylor County were both involved in this. We have been discussing Taylor in the other thread, but for the sake of clarity now that bell has been implicated we need to include both teams.

I wonder how many other cheaters will get the cover jerked off them.
Almost every team in this state gets a scrimmage or two in every single year. If you don't think so, youre lying to yourself and its the exact reason I believe the KHSAA never enforces it. Its more of a keep it quiet, do it at camp while your covered by the camps insurance, and don't go talking about it type of thing.
So I think that someone has ratted on them. Someone who either dislikes Bell or Taylor caught them or knew it was going to happen and either filmed them or took pictures and threatened to go public if the KHSAA didn't do anything. At least that is what I would think in this situation because I don't see the KHSAA touching this. If the KHSAA really wanted to crack down on illegal scrimmages they would have pop up visits at every camp in the state. The could also just log on here and watch the mouths slip because they always do. I don't know how many times ive seen a member on here accidentally let it slip. Its common place.

There is obviously nothing wrong with a little summer scrimmages IMHO, and like many will say, all other sports pretty much play as much as they want to. I think if you are at a camp there should be nothing wrong with scrimmaging, however, until it changes, the rules are the rules and someone busted this one.

It will be interesting to see what, if any, effect this will have on the two teams.
Ahhhhhh
Wish KHSAA saw the recruiting in the state as bad as they see too many scrimmages. I grew up despising duddley hilton but this is ridiculous. KHSAA surely has bigger issues then this.
throw the book at the cheaters.
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:Wish KHSAA saw the recruiting in the state as bad as they see too many scrimmages. I grew up despising duddley hilton but this is ridiculous. KHSAA surely has bigger issues then this.

They have been a worthless organization so far.
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:Wish KHSAA saw the recruiting in the state as bad as they see too many scrimmages. I grew up despising duddley hilton but this is ridiculous. KHSAA surely has bigger issues then this.

Truth be told I don't think "recruiting" happens very often at all.

IMHO, there are very few programs who have staffs going out to try and meet with players from other schools to convince them to transfer. If they did, every single school who lost a transfer would be reporting them.

Parents and kids usually decide where they want to play football on their own accord.

Now if you said that the KHSAA needs to investigate bonafide change of address and transfers that are specifically sport related then I might I agree with you...but recruiting is a buzzword that all too often is used incorrectly. If anything is causing an "uneven" playing field though it is parents taking their kids out of district but never legitimately changing an address.
Thrillex Wrote:Well if Dudley didn't get Suspended isn't he technically still "untouched"
No, because as the two threads on here indicate, he's taking the by far worst hit in perception. How many comments mention Mills? Now how many comments mention Dudley? No, he's far from untouched. I know he was a love him or hate him personality to many, but the fact is, especially regarding the charge of filming an opponents practices, he got hit the worst in this. He won't be able to get the benefit of the doubt any more.
http://khsaa.org/090215-khsaa-sanctions-...iolations/

During the course of its investigation, the KHSAA found that both Bell County and Taylor County committed the following violations:
(1) Scrimmaged an opponent for longer than three hours or scrimmaged multiple opponents;
(2) Failed to provide the requisite rest following full gear practice;
(3) Exceeded the time limits for contact contained in the Bylaw;
(4) Exceeded the daily practice time allowable.
I worked at Leslie County with Floyd Hines and Coached for several years and never broke the Scrimmage Rule. Don't agree with it but followed it and don't agree with all you people saying there is nothing wrong with it, you are dealing with young people and saying it's ok for us to cheat. Wrong Message !!! Case Closed.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Almost every team in this state gets a scrimmage or two in every single year. If you don't think so, youre lying to yourself and its the exact reason I believe the KHSAA never enforces it. Its more of a keep it quiet, do it at camp while your covered by the camps insurance, and don't go talking about it type of thing.
So I think that someone has ratted on them. Someone who either dislikes Bell or Taylor caught them or knew it was going to happen and either filmed them or took pictures and threatened to go public if the KHSAA didn't do anything. At least that is what I would think in this situation because I don't see the KHSAA touching this. If the KHSAA really wanted to crack down on illegal scrimmages they would have pop up visits at every camp in the state. The could also just log on here and watch the mouths slip because they always do. I don't know how many times ive seen a member on here accidentally let it slip. Its common place.

There is obviously nothing wrong with a little summer scrimmages IMHO, and like many will say, all other sports pretty much play as much as they want to. I think if you are at a camp there should be nothing wrong with scrimmaging, however, until it changes, the rules are the rules and someone busted this one.

It will be interesting to see what, if any, effect this will have on the two teams.

Also it will be interesting what effect this has on camps state wide. I wonder if the KHSAA will actually be forced to crack down on them in the future and if schools will take this as writing on the wall that this won't be allowed any more ?

Guts....hypothetically... if your a head coach and participated in these type of camps up to this point, would you in the future ?
Was any other team involved in this at camp? I have heard that Lincoln county was involved also but haven't seen any punishment for them. Thoughts?
From what I hear, this is just the beginning of Bell's problems. I heard they made a new hire...if so, I have to ask, What are you thinking???? Not my circus, not my monkeys. Still will be interested to see if what is being said is the truth. I know people can start rumors, so I guess we'll know when it or if it comes out.