•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where will Dudley Hilton coach at next year?
Craze JACKET man Wrote:How old is Dud?
Why would you hire him and knowing he is 4 years max?

Hilton's assistants at Taylor County include former Corbin coach Larry "Cotton" Adams. Hilton is 66, Adams is 67. "Some people call us 'The Golden Boys,' but sometimes we say we're 'Dumb and Dumber,'" Hilton deadpanned. Adams led Corbin to a state title in 1982 and state runner-up finish in 1990. He was an assistant at Whitley County a few years ago. "It was a no-brainer for him to get back into coaching," Hilton said. Taylor County plays at Boyle County on Friday night. Hilton's last loss as a high school coach was to Boyle County in the 2010 playoffs.

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2014/09/25/34474...rylink=cpy
Gitback Coach Wrote:No need to discuss this without end. When you see the coal truck full of cash, just follow it to see where it goes.

Does that mean he is going to a mountain team? :biggrin:
I know that is is moving back in his house in bell county. Will be fully moved in before thanksgiving. Maybe to retire or other.
Bobcatsrocks Wrote:I know that is is moving back in his house in bell county. Will be fully moved in before thanksgiving. Maybe to retire or other.

I thought he might go west to retire.
I have talked with Dudley,and he will be coaching at Taylor Co. and for the record has turned programs around and will turn this program also. Just having him as head coach,that will bring out kids who normally don't play football,along with who knows a few recruits. Good Luck Dudley
And some people blow
Will not be at Taylor. Think he and his son will both be back at Bell with that new turf dedicated towards him !!
Not gonna happen...... Well the turf might, and the dedication...
Birdlegs Wrote:I have talked with Dudley,and he will be coaching at Taylor Co. and for the record has turned programs around and will turn this program also. Just having him as head coach,that will bring out kids who normally don't play football,along with who knows a few recruits. Good Luck Dudley

if he stays he will turn the program around for sure.
Dj's his realator he will have a good idea where he is going. There will be a couple school go after him real hard. But the way money is in the mountains right now. I don't see him coaching in the mountain next year. But I know a few coaches who are feeling the heat right now, because of the uncernty.
insideinfo Wrote:Dj's his realator he will have a good idea where he is going. There will be a couple school go after him real hard. But the way money is in the mountains right now. I don't see him coaching in the mountain next year. But I know a few coaches who are feeling the heat right now, because of the uncernty.

What?
pjdoug Wrote:He already knows he is a good coach. He turned a struggling Bourbon County program around in one year and won the state championship.

Well then he shouldn't mind going there and proving how he can still do it then.
former Wrote:Well then he shouldn't mind going there and proving how he can still do it then.

I dont know what he minds.its his choice what he wants to do.he has nothing to prove.
pjdoug Wrote:I dont know what he minds.its his choice what he wants to do.he has nothing to prove.

He must have something to prove. After he left Pikeville College with health reasons and he is back coaching, yeah, looks like hand got caught in cookie jar and wherever he goes better watch out.
former Wrote:He must have something to prove. After he left Pikeville College with health reasons and he is back coaching, yeah, looks like hand got caught in cookie jar and wherever he goes better watch out.

He proved he is a great coach by winning 3 State Championships so I doubt he even cares what you think :biglmao:
pjdoug Wrote:He proved he is a great coach by winning 3 State Championships so I doubt he even cares what you think :biglmao:

Well he wont have to worry then, because I dont care what he thinks either.
former Wrote:Well he wont have to worry then, because I dont care what he thinks either.

I wouldn't expect him to be worried.would you?
pjdoug Wrote:I wouldn't expect him to be worried.would you?

He shouldnt care what a factory worker/delivery man thinks
Dudley is/will be back at Taylor. Done deal already.

From nearby Springfield (Washington County) as most probably know. His brother and other relatives still live there.

On the surface, many looking at Taylor County and him staying there, doesn't make sense. But, when you look at it a little deeper, in particular the next four year realignment, it makes perfect sense.

4A region 3 might be one of the more 'wide open' districts in the state without question.

Their district (5 I believe) consists of East and West Jessamine's, Marion County and Mercer. Their sister district practically remains the same with the edition of Wayne County.

While Wayne County appears to be the top dog (and, very well might be for the next four years), those schools are about as even across the board as it comes. Communities/Demographics, etc.

Dudley knows that. He/Taylor County has a CHANCE...that's most look at as is when assessing 'good jobs'. Everybody wants to win it, but most everybody just wants a chance.

A whole lot of programs know their upcoming seasons fate in January (or every 4 years with our 6 class system). The best jobs in the state are those classes and/or regions where you have a chance. He has that at Taylor.
I heard he's going to resurrect a bunch of prison inmates in LaGrange, lead by QB Burt Reynolds! IMO I think that would be awesome...I know Dudley pretty well, and I am dumbfounded why you all care. Let the man figure this out on his own. This thread is humorous.
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:Dudley is/will be back at Taylor. Done deal already.

From nearby Springfield (Washington County) as most probably know. His brother and other relatives still live there.

On the surface, many looking at Taylor County and him staying there, doesn't make sense. But, when you look at it a little deeper, in particular the next four year realignment, it makes perfect sense.

4A region 3 might be one of the more 'wide open' districts in the state without question.

Their district (5 I believe) consists of East and West Jessamine's, Marion County and Mercer. Their sister district practically remains the same with the edition of Wayne County.

While Wayne County appears to be the top dog (and, very well might be for the next four years), those schools are about as even across the board as it comes. Communities/Demographics, etc.

Dudley knows that. He/Taylor County has a CHANCE...that's most look at as is when assessing 'good jobs'. Everybody wants to win it, but most everybody just wants a chance.

A whole lot of programs know their upcoming seasons fate in January (or every 4 years with our 6 class system). The best jobs in the state are those classes and/or regions where you have a chance. He has that at Taylor.
makes perfect sense to me.
FarristownFlyer Wrote:I heard he's going to resurrect a bunch of prison inmates in LaGrange, lead by QB Burt Reynolds! IMO I think that would be awesome...I know Dudley pretty well, and I am dumbfounded why you all care. Let the man figure this out on his own. This thread is humorous.

You know most people care what he is going to do because they wish he coached their team Smile
[quote=Fly Like a Duck]Dudley is/will be back at Taylor. Done deal already.

A whole lot of programs know their upcoming seasons fate in January (or every 4 years with our 6 class system). The best jobs in the state are those classes and/or regions where you have a chance. He has that at Taylor.[/QUOTE

Very comedian like
4ThePlayerz Wrote:[quote=Fly Like a Duck]Dudley is/will be back at Taylor. Done deal already.

A whole lot of programs know their upcoming seasons fate in January (or every 4 years with our 6 class system). The best jobs in the state are those classes and/or regions where you have a chance. He has that at Taylor.[/QUOTE

Very comedian like

In what ways?
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:[quote=4ThePlayerz]

In what ways?
:pondering:
baseball1974 Wrote:I was joking about Williamsburg. However, now that mayfield is moving up for a little while it would be a pretty smart move to find a 1A team with talent needing a coach. Mayfield leaving opens up 1A to a wide variety of teams. Beechwood barely missed the cut to move up and I look for them to make a championship run over the next several years now that mayfield won't be in the equation. I feel sorry for 2a

Why would you feel sorry for 2A? Just because of the addition of Mayfield?
pjdoug Wrote:He already knows he is a good coach. He turned a struggling Bourbon County program around in one year and won the state championship.

You know he had some serious help with that Bourbon team? Those RB's didn't just appear out of nowhere.
Real Badman Wrote:Why would you feel sorry for 2A? Just because of the addition of Mayfield?

there's several good 2A teams to give them all the competition they want.
Real Badman Wrote:You know he had some serious help with that Bourbon team? Those RB's didn't just appear out of nowhere.

all championship teams have lots of help.
Real Badman Wrote:Why would you feel sorry for 2A? Just because of the addition of Mayfield?

Yes because of mayfield. They come in and automatically become a contender and that sucks for teams that have been building trying to get to that point.
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next