Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 49 Shelby Valley 6
kysportsguru Wrote:if those four players played valley would be a tottaly different team out there on that feild and they would be 10-0 right now so put that in your pipe and smoke it buddy

That is just too funny. Every team suffers injuries. Its not just POOR Valley's bad luck. They just don't have what it takes this year with or without the four players. With that said it was a nice season for Valley. Things should be easier next season when they don't have to compete in the district with Belfry and Sheldon Clark.
SV always talks so much crap... If __________ (<- Insert excuse here) wouldn't happend we would ____________ (<- Insert dream here)
cats eye Wrote:That is just too funny. Every team suffers injuries. Its not just POOR Valley's bad luck. They just don't have what it takes this year with or without the four players. With that said it was a nice season for Valley. Things should be easier next season when they don't have to compete in the district with Belfry and Sheldon Clark.

Great post :1:
BCF4L Wrote:I agree with Belfry winning but I still don't see how P-burg ended up ahead of SC. If you go by the same tiebreaker, which I'm assuming is overall records of teams that you have beaten from outside the district. If that's the case then Sheldon Clarks opponents were 8-20 compared to P-burgs 5-5. Maybe I'm just getting this whole thing wrong.

lets put it this way either way SC and P-Burg play either way no matter who is 2nd and who is 3rd lol :thatsfunn thats the way to look at it haha...congrats Belfry
i am going to have to agree with catseye lol
BCF4L Wrote:So does this mean that Sheldon Clark is the district leader going into the playoffs? If so, does this also mean that the first round of the playoffs will feature P-burg @ Belfry?

Belfry has the #1 seed in the playoffs and will probably host Valley or Cawood next week.

Let the Playoffs Begin. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TongueirateSho GO BELFRY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!TongueirateSho
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
BCF4L Wrote:How did P-burg end up with 2nd? How did Belfry win? I don't think you know what you are talking about.

Prestonsburg beat SC
Belfry beat Prestonsburg

#1 Seed - Belfry
#2 Seed - Prestonsburg
#3 Seed - Sheldon Clark
#4 Seed - Shelby Valley
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Sports Overtime has the score wrong. I figured they would fix it before the last roll because they were announcing it correctly but they didn't.
Great Job Pirates!!!

Someone made the comment in the belfry/sv predictions that sv wanted the pirates to "bring it" tonite....
well, sv, you've been served.

it was all business tonite.
great job boys, lets do it again next week.
congrats seniors, your a class act!!:igiveup:
Guru...bottom line....SV didn't even compete tonight...even without your four key players they should compete...this game was over before it started...you could see it in the body language of SV when they were warming up.
I went back to the old Belfry vs. Shelby Valley thread and decided to bring out some interesting quotes from there...I find it humourous....And BTW, IMO BELFRY BROUGHT IT !:redboxer:

"Belfry will come into the game overlooking Valley. Valley will give them the game of their life for 3 quarters then get tired and Belfry will put it out in the 4th in a nail biter."
"OOOOOOOhhhh , I would have to say Belfry by 10."

THIS ONE IS MY FAVORITE: "The Valley players I have talked to wants Belfry to BRING IT! They want to prove they are a program that isnt a joke anymore and the way to do that would be to play with and maybe even upset the top dawg in football in this area. It was said that Belfry can beat Valley like Valley beat Phelps. Valley players wont allow that to happen. No way! Valley is to good of a team for that to EVER happen."

"Because Belfry is not as good as they have been in the past few years."

I'm taking orders for crow...anyone want some ??? Smile

All in good fun guys.....

Love ya seniors and thanks for your hard work and dedication.....Now lets get ready to host the PLAYOFFS !!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
BelfryPride Wrote:Belfry has the #1 seed in the playoffs and will probably host Valley or Cawood next week.

Let the Playoffs Begin. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TongueirateSho GO BELFRY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!TongueirateSho

they won't be playing Cawood.. its intra-district

so they will do it all over again next week.. belfry vs. sv

MY QUESTION IS.. on the forum here, do we start another Belfry vs. SV thread? lol or keep the one from last week
So we play SV next week too?
Congrats Belfry
Congrats Belfry
belfrypride07 Wrote:So we play SV next week too?

yulp.. same team, same place, hopefully same outcome..
mrfootball03 Wrote:yulp.. same team, same place, hopefully same outcome..

haha i don't think we will have to worry about that !! lol...
kysportsguru Wrote:You can't win games with 4 key players out like SV had tonight
I was scrolling this thread and was wondering when the SV fans excuse making machine was going to kick in but, once again, the residents of "Planet Virgie" did not disappoint. OK so lets see 4 key players were hurt, it was the 4th friday in the month, the refs cheated, Daniel Harmon went to Pikeville,and it was raining. But if all those things wouldnt have happened dang it Valley wouldve won tonight.
So do you think this will be the lowest attendance on record for a playoff game. I mean I just couldn't go watch my team play Valley two times in a row.
Excuses on why Valley didnt win...it was cold, the blue on their uniforms is way too blue, the bleachers squeaked, the locker room doors were too heavy to open, Coach Saunders forgot his "how to run up a 70 point win against a real team" book, they had four players out (like it ever matters), their spelling teacher kept them 9 seconds after the third period bell, the tacos at school werent soft shell, the white lines on the field kept tripping them, Clinton isnt the president anymore, Laettner hit the shot against UK, they cancelled the Mary Tyler Moore show, they found out Rocky Balboa wasnt a real boxer, the hot chocolate sold at the concession stands got cold after 20 minutes, oh yeah....and Belfry cheated.
cats eye Wrote:So do you think this will be the lowest attendance on record for a playoff game. I mean I just couldn't go watch my team play Valley two times in a row.

I don't imagine there will be alotta people there..
But boy O boy, won't it be packed week after next if SC comes to town l :popcorn:
Yeah the Belfry vs SC rematch will be a good one. I know i'm in the minority on this one but i miss Belfry's old feild. The new on is nice and pretty. I mean its great but there was something about death valley. All the fans on one side and those concrete bleachers. Very loud atmosphere. I know playing on that feild in 98 for the regional championship you couldn't here the plays in the huddle. You couldn't even here the snap count. Just had to go when everyone else did. But from a fans point of veiw there no beating the new facilities.
Good job Pirates.. Keep rollin Corey:thumpsup:
kysportsguru Wrote:yes i'm serious
you had 3 of those players at Grundy and got beat....
cats eye Wrote:Yeah the Belfry vs SC rematch will be a good one. I know i'm in the minority on this one but i miss Belfry's old feild. The new on is nice and pretty. I mean its great but there was something about death valley. All the fans on one side and those concrete bleachers. Very loud atmosphere. I know playing on that feild in 98 for the regional championship you couldn't here the plays in the huddle. You couldn't even here the snap count. Just had to go when everyone else did. But from a fans point of veiw there no beating the new facilities.

well personally, my favorite will always be Vipperman..
IMO.. the new place is awesome.. Its state of the art..
But the Vip is the sactiuary of Belfry Football
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Excuses on why Valley didnt win...it was cold, the blue on their uniforms is way too blue, the bleachers squeaked, the locker room doors were too heavy to open, Coach Saunders forgot his "how to run up a 70 point win against a real team" book, they had four players out (like it ever matters), their spelling teacher kept them 9 seconds after the third period bell, the tacos at school werent soft shell, the white lines on the field kept tripping them, Clinton isnt the president anymore, Laettner hit the shot against UK, they cancelled the Mary Tyler Moore show, they found out Rocky Balboa wasnt a real boxer, the hot chocolate sold at the concession stands got cold after 20 minutes, oh yeah....and Belfry cheated.
This may be the FUNNIEST POST I HAVE EVER WITNESSED ON BGR!!!!!! CLASSIC TIDESHOSS and the Laettner shot was classic because they probably do use that one as much of a basketball school "AS THEY ONCE WAS"! Just classic..BELFRY, WAY TO SHOW CLASS AND NOT RUN THIS ONE UP AS EVERYONE KNOWS YOU COULD HAVE DROPPED THE CENTURY-BOMB ON THEM!
PantherPride68 Wrote:I was scrolling this thread and was wondering when the SV fans excuse making machine was going to kick in but, once again, the residents of "Planet Virgie" did not disappoint. OK so lets see 4 key players were hurt, it was the 4th friday in the month, the refs cheated, Daniel Harmon went to Pikeville,and it was raining. But if all those things wouldnt have happened dang it Valley wouldve won tonight.

As agin I must sy the excuses are being made are by a kid thats probly in 8th grade. We got whooped. Got destroyed. Got out played are you happy to hear it? And yes I'm a true blue valley fan. Im not m aking no excuses. I predicted us to lose to Belfry. But was hoping for a upset. It's kids like that person that make us look so bad. Every excuse that has been made was by 1 maybe 2 people. Do not post stupid things on here about us gonna beat every one. We coulda had the 4 players from this year and the score woulda been the same. No excuses.
Now that honesty pillsburythrowboy and a VERY TRUE STATEMENT!
mrfootball03 Wrote:I don't imagine there will be alotta people there..
But boy O boy, won't it be packed week after next if SC comes to town l :popcorn:

Well, It's playoff time and the Pirates are hosting....there will be a sea of Red called the Pond Creek nation that will be there for sure !!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:This may be the FUNNIEST POST I HAVE EVER WITNESSED ON BGR!!!!!! CLASSIC TIDESHOSS and the Laettner shot was classic because they probably do use that one as much of a basketball school "AS THEY ONCE WAS"! Just classic..BELFRY, WAY TO SHOW CLASS AND NOT RUN THIS ONE UP AS EVERYONE KNOWS YOU COULD HAVE DROPPED THE CENTURY-BOMB ON THEM!

I thought that was hilarious too, I needed a good laugh Smile

In all seriousness, Belfry will never intentionally run the score up on any opponent even though the oppurtunity presents itself on many occasions. There has been many times that Belfry could easily score 70+ if they wanted to, but Haywood would never let that happen and that is why the Belfry program is so well respected, Coach Haywood is a true class act.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]