Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 49 Shelby Valley 6
Great game Pirates! Thanks for the memories Senior Pirates!
GOOD Job Belfry
And they will give them another one next week, then SCHS a good one the week after that.
I noticed the Lee kid #2..
Pretty big kid.. what grade is he in..
seems like hes gotta lot of size..
mrfootball03 Wrote:I noticed the Lee kid #2..
Pretty big kid.. what grade is he in..
seems like hes gotta lot of size..

Ivan is a Sophomore
what about #7 for the pirates? lovern maybe
strike3... Wrote:what about #7 for the pirates? lovern maybe

He is a Freshman...
So does this mean that Sheldon Clark is the district leader going into the playoffs? If so, does this also mean that the first round of the playoffs will feature P-burg @ Belfry?
Belfry's 2nd string backfield would start for most teams in the state... and that's even considering Phillip Hickman, starting DT, in the mix..Hickman is probably the best HB Belfry has aside from Chapman and Epling.

As for the game... Belfry did business as usual. The kick coverage once again looked pathetic... figured that would be on the agenda for change over the past two weeks.
BCF4L Wrote:So does this mean that Sheldon Clark is the district leader going into the playoffs? If so, does this also mean that the first round of the playoffs will feature P-burg @ Belfry?
Do to the 3 way tie-breaker rule and this is the last time this needs to be posted as it is now official.....

#4 Shelby Valley @ #1 Belfry
#3 Sheldon Clark @ #2 Pburg
orisonspi Wrote:Do to the 3 way tie-breaker rule and this is the last time this needs to be posted as it is now official.....

#4 Shelby Valley @ #1 Belfry
#3 Sheldon Clark @ #2 Pburg
How did P-burg end up with 2nd? How did Belfry win? I don't think you know what you are talking about.
BCF4L Wrote:How did P-burg end up with 2nd? How did Belfry win? I don't think you know what you are talking about.

Yes he does. This is correct. End of story.
Yeah thats the way its supposed to be via te-breaker
BCF4L Wrote:How did P-burg end up with 2nd? How did Belfry win? I don't think you know what you are talking about.
Simply put...

3 way tie...

Belfry wins tie breaker by a landslide..Pburg edges SC.... end of story

That or the football God's just love Belfry and it was a conspiracy.... take your pick
I agree with Belfry winning but I still don't see how P-burg ended up ahead of SC. If you go by the same tiebreaker, which I'm assuming is overall records of teams that you have beaten from outside the district. If that's the case then Sheldon Clarks opponents were 8-20 compared to P-burgs 5-5. Maybe I'm just getting this whole thing wrong.
good win pirates
BCF4L Wrote:I agree with Belfry winning but I still don't see how P-burg ended up ahead of SC. If you go by the same tiebreaker, which I'm assuming is overall records of teams that you have beaten from outside the district. If that's the case then Sheldon Clarks opponents were 8-20 compared to P-burgs 5-5. Maybe I'm just getting this whole thing wrong.
There were about 3 debates going on this week on the same thing but I never saw you in on them so one last time..here it goes:

The tiebreaker for a 3 way tie is this... each team takes 4 wins..it can be against district temas or non-district temas...just it can not include victories over Belfry, Pburg, or SC... the total numebr of wins of those 4 teams determines who wins...

Belfry had ALOT more thanks to Pikeville (7) and NCC(5), Valley (5), and Pike Central (4) = 21

Pburg had Valley (5), Paintsville (5), Pike Central (4), and Magoffin (3) for a total of 17 points.

SC had Valley (5) Pike Central (4), Boyd County ( will be 4), and Knott Central (3) for a total of 16..... now it is possible that Boyd County beats Ashland tomorrow which would tie it at 17...BUT... in that case the tie breaker goes on Head to Head between the two which Pburg would win anyway
Thanks man for the info. Obviously you know a whole lot more than I do. LOL. I was going by what people had said in previous threads that were started about 2 weeks ago. Thanks for the heads up and it works good for my cats!!
You can't win games with 4 key players out like SV had tonight
No prob... SC/Pburg will be a battle

http://www.news-expressky.com/articles/2...1jerry.txt

This will explain.....
WAY TO GO BELFRY!!! Just as expected :thumpsup: EVERYBODY got some good playing time tonight.
kysportsguru Wrote:You can't win games with 4 key players out like SV had tonight
Mark my words... even if those 4 key players play then Belfry still wins by this margin..until the 3rd string was in Valley had a grand total of 30 yards.....
if those four players played valley would be a tottaly different team out there on that feild and they would be 10-0 right now so put that in your pipe and smoke it buddy
kysportsguru Wrote:You can't win games with 4 key players out like SV had tonight

4 players don't make a team.. 11 do..

Take Belfrys best 4 out.. and they still win..

Belfry second string moved the ball pretty well againt SV's varsity..

So I think Belfry could have have played without starters, and faired pretty well

On the other hand.. its unfortunate for everyone, that its deja vu next friday

night..
kysportsguru Wrote:if those four players played valley would be a tottaly different team out there on that feild and they would be 10-0 right now so put that in your pipe and smoke it buddy
:thatsfunn

OMG.. dude, you can't be serious..

let me guess.. State Champions too lol
yes i'm serious
Belfry is a much better team with or without the 4 players
kysportsguru Wrote:yes i'm serious

I guess.. lol

Guess we all have to have some kind of hope.. guess this is yours
Good Job Pirates.