Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central @ Harlan County 9\19
Ok, I might piss a lot of HC fans off but I am going to say it anyway. Watching the game Friday night was ugly. Most, not all, but most everyone on the team acted like they didn't want to be there. We totally hung our heads after the fluke touchdown at the start of the game. I can take getting beat but I can't stand when there is quit in a team and that is EXACTLY what we got Friday night from most, not all. If we don't get that I don't care attitude out then yes we will have a running clock the next two weeks and no we won't win the district for the 5th year in a row. This no quit attitude should come from the very top all the way down to the seniors. From talking to some of the kids the wheels have started to come off and if our leadership( yes, coaches and seniors) don't take this team over then we are looking at a 1-9 season. Again, I can take getting beat but my gosh EVERYONE that plays or practices should go 110% every snap. Please quit walking around and feeling sorry for yourself. DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT! Again, this is not directed toward any individual player or coach, it is directed toward everyone that plays or coaches.
bear claw Wrote:Ok, I might piss a lot of HC fans off but I am going to say it anyway. Watching the game Friday night was ugly. Most, not all, but most everyone on the team acted like they didn't want to be there. We totally hung our heads after the fluke touchdown at the start of the game. I can take getting beat but I can't stand when there is quit in a team and that is EXACTLY what we got Friday night from most, not all. If we don't get that I don't care attitude out then yes we will have a running clock the next two weeks and no we won't win the district for the 5th year in a row. This no quit attitude should come from the very top all the way down to the seniors. From talking to some of the kids the wheels have started to come off and if our leadership( yes, coaches and seniors) don't take this team over then we are looking at a 1-9 season. Again, I can take getting beat but my gosh EVERYONE that plays or practices should go 110% every snap. Please quit walking around and feeling sorry for yourself. DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT! Again, this is not directed toward any individual player or coach, it is directed toward everyone that plays or coaches.
Bear Claw you are one brave soul and yes you're gonna get flogged but it won't be by me. I stuck my neck out the other day after watching that cluster ***** of a game at KC. I do however believe part of what I was saying leads to some of what you're saying. When these good kids see the adult on the sideline not caring then why should they? Truth hurts but its still the truth. I love this team and know it could be better.
I hope HC can do it, but I am pretty sure they won't. JC by two touchdowns. Anyone from HC heard anything about players transferring? I have heard some rumors but not sure.
These young men work hard. Their coaches work hard too. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see and realize that this is a rebuilding year. The Bears have been dealt the injury bug also while working through this. The Black Bears have the toughest schedule of any team around. As I said in another thread, they only returned a few starters on offense and a few on defense. Big positions to fill. We aren't near as big nor do we have the speed as in the years past. Freshmen and sophs, inexperienced at this level, have been thrown into the fire and they are working hard stepping up against very tough competition. They aint backing down either. The reserves are just as inexperienced. They are getting better every minute that they are out there. Although they are talented youth they need time to gain experience and adjust to the speed and physicality. They are hanging tough and still working hard. They need fan support. How many freshman and sophs do you think start for Bryan Station, Belfry, JC, Knox, Bell?. We are heavy with them and they are talented but inexperienced at this level. Patience and support is what these kids need and they deserve it. Not negativity. They will get better and ready when district begins. Support these Bears. GO BLACK BEARS!!
JC by 28
I might add,IMO these young Black Bears will be very impressive stars for the years to come. Support them, they are growing. GO BLACK BEARS!!!!!
Johnson Central 35
Harlan County 14
BB Claw, there is a huge difference in being young and inexperienced and not giving 110% as a team on Friday night. I used that card a lot this off season and early in the year but there is absolutely no excuse for not giving 110% on each and every Friday night no matter if you are getting beat by 100 points. Early in the game Friday we looked defeated and the game wasn't even over. If you don't believe me go watch film. Film NEVER lies.
I do support them. Trust me, I do. But I don't believe in not giving your all as a TEAM I don't care if you are down by 100 points. That my friend reflects back on leadership!
I understand what you are saying. There is a small group of negative, I won't even call them fans, that I personally have heard earlier in the season bashing players and their game and their coaches don't know anything right in front of and to players. Telling them that they might not win a game this year. That attributes to some of that 110% too. This small group has nothing but negative and always have, bashing even while the Black Bears were steamrolling through the past 4-5 years and even while winning all the way to semi final twice. This negativity hurts these kids and I ain't got nothing for that stuff. Encouraging support is what they need. GO BLACK BEARS!!!!!
Again, I understand what you are saying and also, as you said bear claw, not all. Some were giving their all. I am afraid that some of the negative comments floating during this rough time may be affecting some. I don't know, but I do know people can't be commenting negatives in front of these players. We have to encourage them. Keep working young man, not negative. That sticks in my craw hearing that negative bashing right in front of some of those players after a game. I hope these young men keep working and overcome this rough schedule and grow up beginning with district championship.
Wow, this week and next don't get any easier for the Black Bears. One of the toughest schedules in the state. On the other hand Johnson Central has one of the weaker schedules around for the caliber of team they have.

I agree with another poster that this could be a trap game for JC. The Black Bears have played a brutal road schedule thus far, and lets face it JC hasn't played anyone. If HC can pull together as a team this week they could make a game of this with the Black Bear faithful behind them at home.

This scenario is for you Granny.
JC comes in over confident thinking they already have the game won. HC regroups this week and are clicking on all cylinders. Down 7 midway through the 4th HC drives down field and scores with only seconds remaining. Larkey decides to go for 2 and the win at home. Calls a play action pass to the TE as the defense collapse the middle its good Granny shits her pants, Demarcus chokes on his hotdog Gut finally bought, and Bearclaw rushes the field to hug Larkey in tears.

Final
HC 29
JC 28

:yes:
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:Wow, this week and next don't get any easier for the Black Bears. One of the toughest schedules in the state. On the other hand Johnson Central has one of the weaker schedules around for the caliber of team they have.

I agree with another poster that this could be a trap game for JC. The Black Bears have played a brutal road schedule thus far, and lets face it JC hasn't played anyone. If HC can pull together as a team this week they could make a game of this with the Black Bear faithful behind them at home.

JC comes in over confident thinking they already have the game won. HC regroups this week and are clicking on all cylinders. Down 7 midway through the 4th HC drives down field and scores with only seconds remaining. Larkey decides to go for 2 and the win at home. Calls a play action pass to the TE as the defense collapse the middle its good Granny shits her pants, Demarcus chokes on his hotdog Gut finally bought, and Bearclaw rushes the field to hug Larkey in tears.

Final
HC 29
JC 28

Blackcat why all the hate? That would never happen cause I let GUT off the hook, he's my new workout buddy in the gym Confusednicker: I give my opinion and I'm told I'm grumpy (Granny now knows why I'm grumpy) and now I'm choking on a hot dog Confusednicker: its all good though truth hurts but its still the truth. Lol
Pulp Fiction Wrote:For those Harlan County fans that made the trip to JC last year....

How long of a drive is it? I would like to see Harlan County's new stadium and hopefully see a good football game.

The length of the drive is a couple of hours and it isn't difficult driving. Your problem comes when you start home, crossing Whitesburg mountain with no visibility due to the dense fog!
Confusednicker:

RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Running clock early in the first quarter

Pucker up baby :moon:

Demarcus ware Wrote:Are those horses still in the lower lot? The kicker from JC may just hit one in the head during PAT Confusednicker:

Pulp Fiction and I have a bet on whether or not one of those PATs will go all the way to the river!!

hitemup Wrote:I hope HC can do it, but I am pretty sure they won't. JC by two touchdowns. Anyone from HC heard anything about players transferring? I have heard some rumors but not sure.

This makes me want to puke.

BB CLAW Wrote:Again, I understand what you are saying and also, as you said bear claw, not all. Some were giving their all. I am afraid that some of the negative comments floating during this rough time may be affecting some. I don't know, but I do know people can't be commenting negatives in front of these players. We have to encourage them. Keep working young man, not negative. That sticks in my craw hearing that negative bashing right in front of some of those players after a game. I hope these young men keep working and overcome this rough schedule and grow up beginning with district championship.

This is such a fine line to attempt to negotiate, but I'm gonna give it a try. Coach Eddie Creech posted on his facebook a very lengthy and passionate post yesterday. He spoke of dedication, adversity and how families stick together during these kinds of circumstances. I could be WAY off base here, but I do NOT think either Demarcus or bear claw mean to be negative toward our team. They love it too much. It's sort of like how you feel when one of your kids does something wrong and YOU know that THEY know better than to do it. It's frustrating for some (Demarcus and bear claw) but it never means that you love them any less. I fully believe that Demarcus and bear claw loves this team with a high degree of passion.....which is why it hurts both of them so much.

I choose not to go into detail on this. For one, I wasn't able to attend that game and, most importantly, I want any criticism that I may give to be constructive. I have followed Harlan County football for many years and thousands of miles. I feel a dedication to this school that equates to patriotism.

So, Friday night if you possibly can, bring your cow bell, air horns and shot guns (not really) and let's support this team through their difficult times.

#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:Wow, this week and next don't get any easier for the Black Bears. One of the toughest schedules in the state. On the other hand Johnson Central has one of the weaker schedules around for the caliber of team they have.

Final
HC 29
JC 28

All that happened just READING your post!!!!

GO BLACK BEARS!!!!
JC will not be over confident and will be ready to play. Looking foward to the trip to see a good game. JC takes the win 42 to 13. To all HS fans stand behind your team. To me there is no greater sport than HS football
Johnson Central does have a weak schedule this year! But don't let this fool anyone, they are playing better at this time of the year than any of the past teams. Anyone that has watched this team will tell you they play a different type of game than any past teams. As for the kicker if he kicks from within 75 yards of the river, then get a boat.
Harlan county looks lonelier than that empty chair Clint Eastwood talked to at Romneys convention.
Get your tickets to the end of the world by contacting harlan county ticket sales. Get them while supplies last. There free and I've already got enough to feel up the stands.
I can see you "feeling up" a lot of things, but football stands wasn't one of them!!

Confusednicker:
Granny Bear Wrote:I can see you "feeling up" a lot of things, but football stands wasn't one of them!!

Confusednicker:

Hahahaha!! Funny!
maximus73 Wrote:JC will not be over confident and will be ready to play. Looking foward to the trip to see a good game. JC takes the win 42 to 13. To all HS fans stand behind your team. To me there is no greater sport than HS football

:Thumbs:
Harlan Co in a rout
JC wins easy. JC will stop off tackle and then its over! Pulling for HC but won't happen. Someone said it before HC will not adjust to anything and this year they are not as talented as in the past.
JC-45
HC-0
I don't understand how people get on a coaching staff that has won several district titles in a row and been to a few state semifinals.

Either way, JC will be tough to stop but I don't look for the score to be as bad as last years.
BandWagon Wrote:I don't understand how people get on a coaching staff that has won several district titles in a row and been to a few state semifinals.

Either way, JC will be tough to stop but I don't look for the score to be as bad as last years.
Its not that hard to understand when you see what's going on. Plus I don't live in the past I'm looking at the present and the future. Hanging your hat on a district title in this district isn't something to brag about, you have to think bigger and better things than just a district title.
HARLAN cO in A surprise.
You either support a team or you don't
Demarcus ware Wrote:Its not that hard to understand when you see what's going on. Plus I don't live in the past I'm looking at the present and the future. Hanging your hat on a district title in this district isn't something to brag about, you have to think bigger and better things than just a district title.

Four straight district titles
No one has done that in Harlan County since Lynch in the late 60s-early 70s

Two regional titles also.
Cawood and Evarts each won one of those. Cumberland won four.
No one won two in three years since Cumberland in 82-83

Three 11-win seasons
I think you have to go back to Lynch to top that
Patriot Wrote:You either support a team or you don't
I support each and every player on this team.
I'll say this and then I'm not saying another word about any of this. It wasn't my intention to split up the fans, it was just my opinion. For the people that say I don't support this team you obviously don't know me at all. I've supported this school since day 1, but since the meltdown of one of the most talented teams in 5A last year I've lost all confidence in the staff. Everyone wants to make excuses for this season but the only excuse is we still try to run over everyone with players not built for that instead of playing to the strengths of the players we do have. And comparing stats from a county split three ways in the past to a county combined is just absolute nonsense and irrelevant..like I said it was just my opinion. I'll support each and every player on this team and that's it. So for everyone that's just satisfied with a district title congratulations you'll probably get it in this weak district. Me personally I have higher expectations and don't settle for the same thing every year. And that's my final word on Da Bears.