Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pulaski County vs. Corbin 8/22 (@ Somerset-Ray Correll Bowl)
Objective Wrote:"I see Corbin in Bowling green this year against Belfry."-64 Sur

now this isn't saying anything bad against 64 but, someone said it

That comment said neither, winning a championship or beating Pulaski. This comment definitely DIDN'T say it. He siad he could see them there, in the championship game and I can as well. Considering his push for Williamsburg on these boards, I'm assuming 64 is also not a Corbin alum.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:No Corbin alum has said anything about winning a championship or beating Pulaski. It's easy for you to troll knowing that rockastle doesnt have corbin on their schedule....

Objective Wrote:"I see Corbin in Bowling green this year against Belfry."-64 Sur

Notice I said Corbin Alum. I was referring to someone who follows Corbin year in and year out. It's easy for bandwagon guys to throw out bold predictions. But, most Corbin fans won't do that, we sit back and let the games speak for themselves.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:Notice I said Corbin Alum. I was referring to someone who follows Corbin year in and year out. It's easy for bandwagon guys to throw out bold predictions. But, most Corbin fans won't do that, we sit back and let the games speak for themselves.

Before you come after me 64SUR I meant no ill will towards you. I'm glad you're on our side this year and I look forward to seeing standing along the fence 4SUR.

I think I said it sound like me. Not sure Confusednicker:
Pulaski 34
Corbin 13
I'll catch crap for this but PC 35 Corbin 20. I would love to see Corbin win but I honestly don't think they have the guns to do it. I'm concerned about their line, the QB, and their overall toughness. Please prove me wrong hounds! I do look forward to the offense not being as predictable though.
I don't see this one being close. Corbin has some renewed excitement this season but Pulaski will be to much for Corbin.

Pulaski 35
Corbin 14
I picked Corbin to go regular season 9 wins 1 loss. I thought they would loose 1 of the two Pulaski teams. Pulaski is a good team, However, I think they have Corbin in the perfect position on the schedule. Now you can't tell what will happen. Corbin could have enough motivation combined with the rich tradition, and A new coach, They may be able to pull it off, if they do they will be hard to handle the rest of the way. From the Burg go Hounds.
49-20 PC and Corbin scores 7-10 on PC second team/JV.

I just don't see Corbin winning more then 5 or 6 games this season and wouldn't be surprised to see them 3rd again in the district. You just don't go from being a power team to a wide open throw it every play offense with no power game and that is what system coach Haddix ran at Perry. Black tried to do it at Whitley and it didn't work well at all.
Mr.Clutch23 Wrote:49-20 PC and Corbin scores 7-10 on PC second team/JV.

I just don't see Corbin winning more then 5 or 6 games this season and wouldn't be surprised to see them 3rd again in the district. You just don't go from being a power team to a wide open throw it every play offense with no power game and that is what system coach Haddix ran at Perry. Black tried to do it at Whitley and it didn't work well at all.

Perry Central actually ran the ball almost twice as often as they threw it last year and ran it about 60% of the time the prior year.

I believe they will try to spread the offense out more, running more screens and slants to prevent the defense from stacking the box as much as they have against Corbin the last few years, which will open up the running game.
SEKYFAN Wrote:Perry Central actually ran the ball almost twice as often as they threw it last year and ran it about 60% of the time the prior year.

I believe they will try to spread the offense out more, running more screens and slants to prevent the defense from stacking the box as much as they have against Corbin the last few years, which will open up the running game.

That will work against 90% of Corbin's schedule, but not against Pulaski. PC's defense is arguably the fastest the school has ever assembled. They live and breathe slants and screens. We'll see how Coach Haddix adjusts game in and game out. I still think Corbin has a great year and competes for the 3A title before it's over.
Pulaski County 35-14.
I think some of these predictions are way off!!! Everyone knows Pulaski is loaded for a bear but if you think the hounds are going to tuck tail and run you have lost your mind!! Corbin will put some points up against Pulaski!! Is Pulaski the favorite to win yes, should Pulaski win yes, will Pulaski win? I look for Corbin to give them all they want and then some. The only way this gets out of hand is if Corbin gets behind early and tries to go strictly pass!! This Corbin team will run the ball much better than last year they return almost their whole o-line and have seniors at qb, rb, and both FB's are seniors!! Don't get crazy on the predictions it could come back to haunt ya!! I predict Corbin goes 9-1 and I believe that one loss will be against Pulaski just much closer then most think.

Pulaski 38

Corbin 35

Go Big Red!
Don't count Corbin out. Haddix is a nice offensive coach and will score points just curious how Corbin's defense will be
Watched corbin practice a couple of times and a couple of things stood out. One kid who plays on the def. line named harley is a absolute stud and the 2 fastest players on the team pretty much did not touch the ball last year on offense but will for sure this year. I also heard that the ol returns 4 starters and maybe only 1 of them is going to start this year when everything shakes out.
Pulaski rolls in this one 42-14.
The Outsider Wrote:Watched corbin practice a couple of times and a couple of things stood out. One kid who plays on the def. line named harley is a absolute stud and the 2 fastest players on the team pretty much did not touch the ball last year on offense but will for sure this year. I also heard that the ol returns 4 starters and maybe only 1 of them is going to start this year when everything shakes out.
The defensive lineman is Harley Lambert. Last year as a sophomore he was a beast and should be better this year. As far as returning offensive linemen, I know of at least 2 that are being switched to defensive linemen and will play oneway only.
Corbin is now generating more electricity than they have in many years. Corbin will find A way to win, close, very close.
jamesdeane Wrote:The defensive lineman is Harley Lambert. Last year as a sophomore he was a beast and should be better this year. As far as returning offensive linemen, I know of at least 2 that are being switched to defensive linemen and will play oneway only.

One of the linemen switching to defense may also play some offense as well, back to his old position in the backfield.
3sportfan Wrote:Don't count Corbin out. Haddix is a nice offensive coach and will score points just curious how Corbin's defense will be

Greer is a Great Defensive Coach, don't worry about the Def.:yum::yum::yum:
SEKYFAN Wrote:One of the linemen switching to defense may also play some offense as well, back to his old position in the backfield.
Who? Just curious.
Cellking Wrote:Greer is a Great Defensive Coach, don't worry about the Def.:yum::yum::yum:

Is Corbin going to play a 4-3 defense? I understand they are going to play zone, can't recall a Coach Jewell defense ever playing zone before.
SEKYFAN Wrote:Is Corbin going to play a 4-3 defense? I understand they are going to play zone, can't recall a Coach Jewell defense ever playing zone before.

Coach Greer will be playing 6-2 but it will be like a 4-4. You will never see any man coverage again only zone.
I would be fine with the 6-2/4-4 hybrid. I remember back in Jewell's early years, Corbin ran a lot of 4-4 and was really aggressive with the heat. Corbin seems to have a lot of good athletes so if Greer can get some DE/OLB's with nice speed, it could be a terror on the blitz. It will be a little harder defending the pass but hopefully the initial results will get some pressure on the QB's.

I remember back during the 2002 run, Corbin ran the 4-4 to perfection and was always in a QB's face. They changed it up for the state game against Breathitt and it was just too much. They were down 38-0 by halftime. Say what you want but Corbin went back to the 4-4 in the second half and held them to 13 points and Breathitt still had the starters in very late. It wouldn't have made a difference in the outcome but I bet the score would have looked better than 51-0.
I don't anticipate much defense in this one:

PC - 49

Corbin -41
Tommy 3 coats will not blitz at all. Big change from Steve. IMO Steve is a heck of a defensive coach. If any of us remember PCC playing at Campbell field last year u see why PCC didn't throw much , the QB was bad. Threw more to the hounds defenders than to his receivers.
Mr.Clutch23 Wrote:49-20 PC and Corbin scores 7-10 on PC second team/JV.

Corbin isn't perry and Haddix ain't Black MrClutch23 :why:
ArchieAdams Wrote:Tommy 3 coats will not blitz at all. Big change from Steve. IMO Steve is a heck of a defensive coach. If any of us remember PCC playing at Campbell field last year u see why PCC didn't throw much , the QB was bad. Threw more to the hounds defenders than to his receivers.

I believe PCC lost there QB that week before Corbin game.. Archie/Adam, your funny...
3 coats?
Corbin is good but Pulaski is on another level. PC-45 Corbin-20
How many players will Corbin have that will start on both sides of the ball? I believe that Lambert may start both ways, 1 or 2 of the Reedy brothers and maybe Powers. Anyone else?