•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland 2014
TigerBlues Wrote:That's true Slic, all I was meaning was that on a turf field it might have been a different outcome.

Possibly...Josh is not a burner, but his stride allows him to have deceptive speed in certain situations.
64SUR Wrote:Turf field kill Williamsburg last year in bowling green. Confusednicker:

Turf field didn't kill Williamsburg. Mayfield did.
Did Raceland start spring practice yet?
How are the Rams adjusting to Salmons running the show, and what do you guys think theyre going to look like on defense?
I have family on the team and everyone says things are going good. Stregth/conditioning number are up from a year ago.lots of guys bulking up. I look for much of the same defensively, yo may see some more 5 man front stuff though, but not straightup gap control. This team wont be as big up front but more atheletic.
Rams are working very hard in the weight room. A lot of guys changing their bodies and getting stronger.
Some movement in and out of Paintsville could make things difficult for Raceland. This district will be a battle. Rams better be ready.
I disagree Scotty.. Raceland should dominate their entire region for the next 4 years. Paintsville and Fairview will be competitive but Raceland is the clear cut favorite for District and Region without a doubt.
Idk about "clear cut". Raceland coukd take some lumps next year. With Ashland, Ironton, and Coal Grove on the schedule and what I feel will be an extremely capable Paintsville. Fairview is a toss up, but with virtualy the same teams coming back, I think Raceland is probably 2 tds better than Fairview and Paintsville ON PAPER. In the region, Pikeville is almost a carbon cop of Raceland with a little more speed. They are young where Raceland is young and Experienced where Raceland is experienced, except for the QB slot. I think Raceland will go 8-2 in the regular season. Losing to Ashland and one of the Ohio teams. The playoffs...well Im sorry to say that I dont expect a Repeat title in the region. But they will be playing for one. Lots of speed in single A next year. Line development will be the key.
E's Army Wrote:Turf field didn't kill Williamsburg. Mayfield did.

Williamsburg is buying turf shoes this year. Confusednicker: E,s Army
I was talking to one of the players and he told me that Raceland did not do spring ball this year. He told me that a few went out ran some routes with the qb/qb's not for sure who all showed up and that was it.
No point in spring ball for Raceland. Most football players are doing track and baseball, they would only have about 12 players for spring ball. It's a waste of time at the HS level. Only time I see it beneficial is in a situation like Russell is in with a new coach but thats about it.
Is Raceland down in numbers this year? I'm sure they have had kids in the other sports in years past.
Paintsville Raceland game should be a good one. Paintsville with Phelps, Daniels and Belcher
No Raceland has over 40 kids in the weight room every day. Spring ball presents little to no benefits for Class A schools. Let them enjoy their spring sports. I understand in Russell's case with TJ wanting to implement his schemes and culture.. but Raceland kids know expectations and concepts.
40+ kids in the weight room not including baseball players and track on most days. Pretty solid numbers for Class A program.
Slic Ric can you answer a question for us on here, I was told that a coach or 2 will be heading up the road(Russell) here in the few weeks....
Was also told that Greenup is losing a coach as well, any truth to this hear say.......

Even though I'm across the river, I still keep up with Raceland, Russell, and Ashland on KY side. My Russell friends tell me Grizzle will take Russell's offensive coordinator spot. I think he's pretty young guy, wanting to move up the coaching ranks and follow Maynard not a bad idea.
NoPicks Wrote:No Raceland has over 40 kids in the weight room every day. Spring ball presents little to no benefits for Class A schools. Let them enjoy their spring sports. I understand in Russell's case with TJ wanting to implement his schemes and culture.. but Raceland kids know expectations and concepts.
If you say so:eyeroll:
Nervous already DevilWatcher... Dont be, its not 2015 yet.
Hahaha no nothing like that. I was just found it odd that it's no longer relevant or important at Raceland or any school for that matter. Wasn't a dig on Raceland but you said 1A schools had no benefit from it. I just didn't understand that philosophy is all.
Good luck to all the kids , I would advise them and parents TJ is a liar..... period. Don't trust the fat azz as far as you can throw him. No ones afraid of him either.
Anymore word on the Messer kid if he's playing or not?
Messer is playing, he's been at all workouts.
GoHerd_22 Wrote:Messer is playing, he's been at all workouts.

Glad to here thisConfusedinglepar
Please let it be known that the opinions of the Voice of Reason do not reflect that of the rest of the Raceland community. TJ always has and always will be a big part of Raceland football's success. Was a classy guy at Raceland and I know he will do a great job at Russell. Inregaurds to the statement that there is no benefit from spring practice for small schools. I disagree. I think it is even more important. Most small schools dont have the luxury of having football kids, track kids, baseball kids, basketball kids, etc. more often than not, they have sports kids and non-sports kids. So imo, any time theyhave in the off season to get tgether on the football field, cant do anything but help.
I was listening to the 16th region baseball tournament and they said koolhits1057 wlgc will be covering Raceland this year in football along with Russell,Fairview,Greenup County, and Boyd County. That should make the Raceland fans who can't get out the games happy. Since they can only have one team on 105.7 on the radio I'd say Most of them will be on koolhits1057.com
This team has let me down for the past 2 years in my picks. I will have to go with Wburg or Pikeville out of the east this year.
^^^agreed. I think Williamsburg has won the right to be called the East's team to beat. Then Pikeville, Hazard, Raceland, Paintsville in that order. All of which are one or 2 injuries away from being obsolete. But its single A ball, what team isnt? I think the Cards afe still going to run over whoever they line up against, neway.
Now can we just start the season please?
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next