Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sheldon Clark's Final Record
youdroppedsomething Wrote:I really feel like that SCHS will win in a rematch 8 out of 10 times.

i really dont..the refs were the only reason the game was close..sc got some big breaks..like wes woods getting thrown out of the game for a touch with the elbow
actually he got thrown out because of the way he acted after the call not the elbow LoL
dfblackcat53 Wrote:i really dont..the refs were the only reason the game was close..sc got some big breaks..like wes woods getting thrown out of the game for a touch with the elbow

HAHAHA! SC got some big breaks. I'm sorry. Pburg did want the game more. But they also recieved alot of breaks. The ball bounced their way more than once....literally. Look at the pass Pburg completed to put them inside the ten. I was standing in that corner of the endzone. The receiver never came close to catching that ball. The ref was way out of position. But you know thats football sometimes you get the calls and sometimes you don't. But donl't try and say SC got the breaks.
I agree SV will give SC a good game. 8-3
they will lost to belfry in the regular season..and if they play prestonsburg or belfry in the first round of the playoffs, they will lose also.
bigmike06_01 Wrote:SC will beat Belfry in both season and post season, so 9-1 because Pburg obviously got lucky

Get real...who did SC play that was worth much in their pre-district schedule?? Prestonsburg was battle tested playing teams like Leslie Co., Pikeville, and Ashland (all of which would beat SC). Just because you are 5-0 and ranked in the top 10 in the state ...doesn't mean you are very good....if you play not so great teams then stats and scores don't always indicate how good a team is...and obviously SC isn't THAT great.
gish Wrote:Get real...who did SC play that was worth much in their pre-district schedule?? Prestonsburg was battle tested playing teams like Leslie Co., Pikeville, and Ashland (all of which would beat SC). Just because you are 5-0 and ranked in the top 10 in the state ...doesn't mean you are very good....if you play not so great teams then stats and scores don't always indicate how good a team is...and obviously SC isn't THAT great.

Ill give you SC's schedule isn't the toughest but come one Leslie Co. This Leslie co. isn't as good as they were last year. Last year SC beat Leslie Co. This year SC has more experience and is all around a better team than last years team.
cats eye Wrote:Ill give you SC's schedule isn't the toughest but come one Leslie Co. This Leslie co. isn't as good as they were last year. Last year SC beat Leslie Co. This year SC has more experience and is all around a better team than last years team.

What's your point? That SC would beat Leslie Co?
dfblackcat53 Wrote:i really dont..the refs were the only reason the game was close..sc got some big breaks..like wes woods getting thrown out of the game for a touch with the elbow
the line jidge on pburgs side threw 11 of 13 penalties against sc....are these the breaks you are talking about??....pburg won the game hey came to play and sc didn't but give me a break so everyone of pburgs previous opponent would beat sc??? get real kid slow ya roll and learn the game then post
gish Wrote:What's your point? That SC would beat Leslie Co?

My point is you can not claim a team is battle tested by playing mediocre teams. Playing Ashland and Pikeville will help them out. Those are two tough teams but Leslie is not. Especially when Pburg played them. That might have been one of the worst football games i've seen.
cats eye Wrote:My point is you can not claim a team is battle tested by playing mediocre teams. Playing Ashland and Pikeville will help them out. Those are two tough teams but Leslie is not. Especially when Pburg played them. That might have been one of the worst football games i've seen.

I think SC will lose only one more game to Belfry. In the playoffs, it depends on the drawings....
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
cats eye Wrote:My point is you can not claim a team is battle tested by playing mediocre teams. Playing Ashland and Pikeville will help them out. Those are two tough teams but Leslie is not. Especially when Pburg played them. That might have been one of the worst football games i've seen.

Thats right you can't make that claim. And I never did make that claim. Prestonsburg hasn't played a mediocre team IMO. Paintsville isn't really that good, but they would still beat Lawrence Co. or KC.
Leslie Co. is 3-3. Losing to 4A North Laurel, and 3A Grant Co. and Bell Co. Losing to Bell by a score of 7-0.The same Bell Co. that beat Corbin and played Henry Clay tough...
Now lets look at Sheldon Clark's Schedule
Lawrence Co. 1-5
Boyd Co. 2-5
Knott Central 3-4 (with wins against AC and Jenkins)
And I don't know anything about Fairland, OH but from talking to SC alum, they arent much.

You are right the Pburg/LC was UGLY, but to say that LC isn't tough doesn't make much sense to me... regardless tho...weather you want to say LC or Paintsville or even Ashland aren't tough teams...it doesn't matter. Prestonsburg won the game. End of story.
cats eye Wrote:HAHAHA! SC got some big breaks. I'm sorry. Pburg did want the game more. But they also recieved alot of breaks. The ball bounced their way more than once....literally. Look at the pass Pburg completed to put them inside the ten. I was standing in that corner of the endzone. The receiver never came close to catching that ball. The ref was way out of position. But you know thats football sometimes you get the calls and sometimes you don't. But donl't try and say SC got the breaks.

[Image: http://www.blackcatfootball.com/Pics/200...C_4585.jpg]

is this the catch you are talking about ? the one where his hand is under the ball?
bigmike06_01 Wrote:SC will beat Belfry in both season and post season, so 9-1 because Pburg obviously got lucky

Sheldon Clark will not beat Belfry this year
gish Wrote:http://www.blackcatfootball.com/Pics/200...C_4585.jpg

is this the catch you are talking about ? the one where his hand is under the ball?

How am i supposed to be able to tell from a picture. Besides you don't have to take my word for it. You can ask some of your former teamates. Besides i know i had a much better veiw than you. I was on the feild you were up a top the press box. And i'm not making excuses that is part of football. I just don't think people should throwing stones when they live in glass houses.
gish Wrote:Thats right you can't make that claim. And I never did make that claim. Prestonsburg hasn't played a mediocre team IMO. Paintsville isn't really that good, but they would still beat Lawrence Co. or KC.
Leslie Co. is 3-3. Losing to 4A North Laurel, and 3A Grant Co. and Bell Co. Losing to Bell by a score of 7-0.The same Bell Co. that beat Corbin and played Henry Clay tough...
Now lets look at Sheldon Clark's Schedule
Lawrence Co. 1-5
Boyd Co. 2-5
Knott Central 3-4 (with wins against AC and Jenkins)
And I don't know anything about Fairland, OH but from talking to SC alum, they arent much.

You are right the Pburg/LC was UGLY, but to say that LC isn't tough doesn't make much sense to me... regardless tho...weather you want to say LC or Paintsville or even Ashland aren't tough teams...it doesn't matter. Prestonsburg won the game. End of story.

I'm a fan of both teams. So that isn't the story i was telling. I just think Pburg has already let this win go to their head. Maybe not their players but their fans. And like i said i'm not comparing schedules. Pburg obviously has a tougher schedule. Just playing either Ashland or pikeville would make theirs tougher than SC's as well as playing both.
After review (of the catch)...the ruling on the field stands. The reciever did have and mainatain possession of the ball when hitting the ground. SC is a decent team, but they aren't world beaters. They MIGHT get a decent game this Friday against a Shelby Valley team that barely lost to Grundy...since it's at SC, the Cardinals should have the upper hand.
cats eye Wrote:I'm a fan of both teams. So that isn't the story i was telling. I just think Pburg has already let this win go to their head. Maybe not their players but their fans. And like i said i'm not comparing schedules. Pburg obviously has a tougher schedule. Just playing either Ashland or pikeville would make theirs tougher than SC's as well as playing both.

It's definitely not going to my head...I only responded to someone's comment about Prestonsburg getting lucky...I hope you didn't sense arrogance or sarcasm in my posts....
cats eye Wrote:How am i supposed to be able to tell from a picture. Besides you don't have to take my word for it. You can ask some of your former teamates. Besides i know i had a much better veiw than you. I was on the feild you were up a top the press box. And i'm not making excuses that is part of football. I just don't think people should throwing stones when they live in glass houses.

I was on top of the press box? If you were only as smart as you think you are.....
I have too agree Pburg has played the better teams, Leslie is pretty good though, Played Bell 7-0.
gish Wrote:I was on top of the press box? If you were only as smart as you think you are.....

As smart as i think i am? What is that supposed to mean. I thought thats where you were this year. If not then what are you doing with the team?
Getum-Choppin Wrote:I have too agree Pburg has played the better teams, Leslie is pretty good though, Played Bell 7-0.

I think Leslie Co will be good team by playoff time. I think they are already alot better. But that first game neither team could even make it down the field. With or without the defense
cats eye Wrote:As smart as i think i am? What is that supposed to mean I thought thats where you were this year. If not then what are you doing with the team?

Well glad to see you violated one of the main rules in trying to reveal someone's identity. I don't know what the last name is, but Pburg did have a reciever by the name of... a few years ago. Saw him the other day, from the stories I've heard he's a tough son of a gun...so you may be trying to bark up the wrong tree if you're wanting to start something. Keep it on the topic.
Guys.. read the rules before posting.. it makes life so much easier..

thanks irish for catching that..
I'm in love with Tawnya.. hehe..

Tom is not my friend....

if you have any questions send me a p.m.
cats eye Wrote:As smart as i think i am? What is that supposed to mean. I thought thats where you were this year. If not then what are you doing with the team?

I guess I mean you thinking you know who I am, when you really don't...That was a good guess though.:Thumbs:
Any time.
8-2 Belfry will be their only other loss before the playoffs!
Welcome to the best site in town! If you need anything, just let me know.
SC will be 7-3
9-1
Definately 9-1 now after the victory over Belfry. Unless a freak accident happens with Pike Central or Magoffin Co........lol