Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clay County vs. North Laurel
EKYBubbaWatson Wrote:Broughton is the same size/body as Smith who is listed 6'2. Jeffers is 6'4. And no chance the 8th grader is as tall as Allen. I seen him when he was playing for Corbin and he looked about 6'5-6 then. Asher is a legit 6'7. Other freshman doesn't appear to be as tall as Broughton.

I was probably off on Griebel. He may be closer to 6'.

The 8th grader, Rice, is 6'8." I put that he was 6'7" on my site earlier in the year, and his mom called me out on it. She was nice about it, though. Jeffers is no shorter than 6'5."
TriCountySports Wrote:I was probably off on Griebel. He may be closer to 6'.

The 8th grader, Rice, is 6'8." I put that he was 6'7" on my site earlier in the year, and his mom called me out on it. She was nice about it, though. Jeffers is no shorter than 6'5."

I'm sorry but that mom comment is funny. That's like when McDaniel was put as 5'10" in the CatsPause but we didn't have a fit over it.
Greatest underlisting of all time, Russ Chadwell. I believe Coach Keith listed him 5'11 when he played in late 80s. Chadwell is every bit of 6'2. Not that this has anything to do with CC vs. NL Tuesday night
UKCC Wrote:I'm sorry but that mom comment is funny. That's like when McDaniel was put as 5'10" in the CatsPause but we didn't have a fit over it.

It is funny. Never mess with a mom's baby boy - even if he is a very large young man!
broughton 6 4 and a quarter with shoes on is what I was just told in a private message. It maybe true. IDK I have never had a ruler on him. I was going off baxter and broughton standing next to each other when they play and baxter is 6 4 and baxter looks taller to me.
Broughton may be 6'4 and a quarter in cowboy boots with his hair spiked up. Otherwise he is around 6'2, maybe slightly above that.
BrokenArrow Wrote:There both leapers but I'll take smith on the vertical simply because it is a measured 2 foot jump. Wolfe can definitely out glide him and maybe get a little higher with a run. Its apple and oranges I like the way both plays

I wouldn't kick either one of those boys off the court for crumbbling crackers:notworthy
Let me say this first both Wolfe and Smith are good players that will have a bright future at Clay. Now, Broughton is for a fact 6'4, and Clay will have to put a chaser on him and have someone help to make him a non factor. Now I will predict Clay to win the game in a close depending on what Brad Sizemore decides to do as a game plan. But in the end, Broughton will get 20 plus tomorrow night, based on his averages alone. Also, Chip will be on full form as well to try to go out with a bang. In the end this could be the year of the panthers or generals to cut down the regional nets.
Clay is obviously the better team, however North has shown at times this year that they can flat out play.
Clay 68
North 62
Really hoping Bubba will be in attendance for this one, he mmay get to see his little brother go down!
Do I go with Clay County, because of the guys on The Amazing Race or North Laurel because of my buddy Marshall Patton? Hmmmmm
Much as I would like for my guys to pull the upset--it ain't happening. North is still a year away from being really dangerous, two years away from being one of the regional favorites. They probably should be that during Broughton's junior and senior seasons (provided everyone stays, have to throw that in almost every time). But not tonight. Clay is good, they are at home, and if this is McDaniel's last go-around, and it sure seems like it must be, then he's not going out in the district. Brad may slow it down and make the final respectable. Anything under double digits would be a good showing in my estimation.
Got to agree with you Van Hagar. The more I have thought about this game, the bigger the margin I think it will be. The only exception is if some of those older kids from NL can knock down a few early 3s. I just can't be sure in this CC. My head tells me 15-20+ but we have had consistency issues all year. When you have 5 of your top 6 brand new, that's understandable but its tourney time now. Win or go home!!
EKYBubbaWatson Wrote:Got to agree with you Van Hagar. The more I have thought about this game, the bigger the margin I think it will be. The only exception is if some of those older kids from NL can knock down a few early 3s. I just can't be sure in this CC. My head tells me 15-20+ but we have had consistency issues all year. When you have 5 of your top 6 brand new, that's understandable but its tourney time now. Win or go home!!
Clay wins tonight by at least 50 and then "stomps" Jackson Co by the same margin. They'll go on to win the region by a landslide. It will truly be embarrassing for other teams. Chip's ''it factor" kicks in and will dominate the rest of the season averaging a quadruple double. No way the rest of the region can compete with this Clay County team, they are just too good. We were all fools to even doubt you BUBBA. Good luck at state Clay, you've got this in the bag!
^^^ sounds about right General. You guys take care of OBI tonight.
EKYBubbaWatson Wrote:^^^ sounds about right General. You guys take care of OBI tonight.
Has Clay ever failed to get out of didstrict? That would be a shame. Good luck BUBBA.
I can not help myself Bubba.williamsburg has a wal-mart an i think its bigger than clay county wal-mart..just sayin :biglmao:
Russ Chadwell may be 6'1" at the most and I think he grew some after high school...but in high school he was 6'0" at the most. His vertical was measured at 42". He could touch the top of the square with the one step vertical measurement that they do. What most people don't know is that he joined the track team after his sophomore year and competed in the triple jump. His ability to broad jump(long jump) along with his vertical made him freakish. He couldn't palm the ball so just about everything was dunked 2 handed. Are Smith and Wolfe in the same category?? Chadwell had numerous 2 handed baseline dunks during normal offensive sets...not on the break.
Chadwell, Chris McKissic and Darrell Wayne Hoskins are the 3 most impressive dunkers I remember at Clay over the last 25-30 years.
nedreader Wrote:Russ Chadwell may be 6'1" at the most and I think he grew some after high school...but in high school he was 6'0" at the most. His vertical was measured at 42". He could touch the top of the square with the one step vertical measurement that they do. What most people don't know is that he joined the track team after his sophomore year and competed in the triple jump. His ability to broad jump(long jump) along with his vertical made him freakish. He couldn't palm the ball so just about everything was dunked 2 handed. Are Smith and Wolfe in the same category?? Chadwell had numerous 2 handed baseline dunks during normal offensive sets...not on the break.

chadwell was the king rimmer of all time. 64SUR Confusederiously:
nedreader Wrote:Russ Chadwell may be 6'1" at the most and I think he grew some after high school...but in high school he was 6'0" at the most. His vertical was measured at 42". He could touch the top of the square with the one step vertical measurement that they do. What most people don't know is that he joined the track team after his sophomore year and competed in the triple jump. His ability to broad jump(long jump) along with his vertical made him freakish. He couldn't palm the ball so just about everything was dunked 2 handed. Are Smith and Wolfe in the same category?? Chadwell had numerous 2 handed baseline dunks during normal offensive sets...not on the break.
No way Chadwell could jump with Smith and Wolfe. They're the greatest athletes in the state. Just ask BUBBA!
Why don't you tell us how it feels not get make it out of district GENERAL.....You guys have that feeling every year.
Chadwell is in a different league than Wolfe and Smith. Smith and Wolfe have a combined 15 or so dunks this year. Wolfe and Smith can get at the top of the square, on a running go. I don't know about just a standing vertical.

Nobody was like Chadwell, before or since. If you saw it, you know. And you are absolutely right, he was at best 6-0 in high school. And sorta scrawny! High school wise, he was Pippen to Farmer's Jordan.
He didn't and still doesn't weigh over a buck fifty, but boy did he have strong legs.
Last summer, at Buckhorn I saw Smith get near top of square, about 2" shy, with one step
Pretty impressive
Chadwell is king in CC but Smith may be next in line to the throne.
Smith and Wolfe are the two best athletes in the 13th, no question and the General has two more years to watch them do what they do:hilarious:
Count Wrote:Last summer, at Buckhorn I saw Smith get near top of square, about 2" shy, with one step
Pretty impressive
Chadwell is king in CC but Smith may be next in line to the throne.
Smith and Wolfe are the two best athletes in the 13th, no question and the General has two more years to watch them do what they do:hilarious:
Clay will have to get those great athletes some help or they wont do anything. Last time I checked, neither kid can hit anything but a lay up. The General will be laughing at all the Clay Co arrogance just like he is this year.
If u think mckissic and hoskins could dunk then Smith will blow ur mind by the time he's done. I've already seen him do some dunks that those guys couldn't. I think he will surpass chadwell as well.
Clay this, Clay that. Brag, brag,brag. You guys have been bragging before season even started. What I don't understand is if Clay is so great this year, why haven't they dominated the 13th? I'll tell you why. Chip is the only outside threat you have and Farmer and Allen couldn't guard my granny. I know its a bitter pill to swallow but if you was as good as you thought, you wouldn't be second seat in the 49th on your own home floor.
General Jackson Wrote:Clay will have to get those great athletes some help or they wont do anything. Last time I checked, neither kid can hit anything but a lay up. The General will be laughing at all the Clay Co arrogance just like he is this year.

Wolfe knocked the bottom out of a 10 footer and Smith rattled home an 8 footer against Mboro
They are working on it general:igiveup: