Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Clay County vs. North Laurel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Lets get it started!:biglmao:
Clay wins this one by 6-9 pts. I've got a weird feeling that North is going to slow the game down big time. If not and they try to run with Clay it won't even be worth watching.:Thumbs:
Not going to over look North, but no reason for this game to be less than 8 point margin of victory.
Was N Laurel supposed to be this bad this season?
North will slow it down. No reason for this game to be less than 20. Clay needs to push, push and get it over quickly. Brad Sizemore will give his best gameplan for this one.
North is struggling right now...I guess it's due to being a young team...I see good thing in the future for north laurel......64SUR.

Clay County 74
North laurel 56
McDaniel will lead the Tigers to an 8 point victory over NL.
Smith and Allen will shut Broughton and Asher down.
Go CLAY!
Coming from a CC fan, NL could have been the best team in the region if they could keep their players. Idk of anywhere outside of eastern Kentucky where kids will move from good sized towns to smaller ones to play ball. Lol I'm not mad but you know our basketball is special.
North Laurel played Knox Central to the wire in the last game of the season. They have a completely new look now, and have become the biggest (and possibly youngest) team in the region in the last few weeks.

At one point their lineup looked like this against Knox:

Peyton Broughton 6'4" (Freshman)
Wes Griebel 6'3" (Freshman)
Kyle Jeffers 6'6" (Sophomore)
Bryson Asher 6'7" (Freshman)
Bayley Rice 6'8" (8th)

That is an impressive lineup, despite their youth.

With that said, Clay County should win this game, based on their regular season meetings and playing on their home floor. I don't expect it to be a blowout like last time, and I agree with Bubba, that Sizemore will have his team ready.
TriCountySports Wrote:North Laurel played Knox Central to the wire in the last game of the season. They have a completely new look now, and have become the biggest (and possibly youngest) team in the region in the last few weeks.

At one point their lineup looked like this against Knox:

Peyton Broughton 6'4" (Freshman)
Wes Griebel 6'3" (Freshman)
Kyle Jeffers 6'6" (Sophomore)
Bryson Asher 6'7" (Freshman)
Bayley Rice 6'8" (8th)

That is an impressive lineup, despite their youth.

With that said, Clay County should win this game, based on their regular season meetings and playing on their home floor. I don't expect it to be a blowout like last time, and I agree with Bubba, that Sizemore will have his team ready.

Future looks bright for North laurel. :please: stay at North love working in clay county...Give me something :argue:
griebel is no where near 6 3 lol
Will rice stay at north laurel..... just saying he's just an 8th grader. :HitWall:
All those heights are a little "fudged", at least an inch or two except for Asher.. Clay is by far the biggest/most athletic team with probably Jackson and KC after that.
broughton 6'2"
asher 6' 7"
griebel 6'
rice 6' 6"
jeffers 6' 5"
thats more like it. still good size
broughton 6'2"
asher 6' 7"
griebel 6'
rice 6' 6"
jeffers 6' 5"
thats more like it. still good size
EKYBubbaWatson Wrote:All those heights are a little "fudged", at least an inch or two except for Asher.. Clay is by far the biggest/most athletic team with probably Jackson and KC after that.
Hate to disagree BUBBA but no way Clay is "by far" more athletic than Jackson or Knox either one. Allen and Farmer are not that athletic. Good players yes, but not as athletic as any of Knox or Jackson's starters.
Last time I checked Farmer can dunk with ease, General. He's 6'4 and more athletic than you think. Allen is 6'8 and just because he can't jump well doesn't mean he doesn't have decent athleticism.
I think clay is the biggest no questions asked. As far as most athletic, I will put them 1 simply because of Wolfe and smith. I'd say they are 2 of the most athletic in region . I agree about farmer and Allen . That being said they can both dunk. So that's 4 of 5 starters above the rim. And I think farmers is more athletic than people think. He just lacks a work ethic. Kid is lazy. I put Jackson 2nd but they lack the size to play above the rim. Just IMO.:popcorn:
Clay 55 North Laurel 46
BrokenArrow Wrote:I think clay is the biggest no questions asked. As far as most athletic, I will put them 1 simply because of Wolfe and smith. I'd say they are 2 of the most athletic in region . I agree about farmer and Allen . That being said they can both dunk. So that's 4 of 5 starters above the rim. And I think farmers is more athletic than people think. He just lacks a work ethic. Kid is lazy. I put Jackson 2nd but they lack the size to play above the rim. Just IMO.:popcorn:

Agree with nearly all of your post. Haha Hit the nail on the head with Farmer. Like Bubba said he can dunk pretty easily. Looking at him you would think he's a typical mountain 6'4" that can't jump but he's not bad, just got to get a work ethic. Smith and Wolfe are probably top 3-4 no matter what. If McDaniel were an inch or two taller you would have 5-5.
UKCC Wrote:Agree with nearly all of your post. Haha Hit the nail on the head with Farmer. Like Bubba said he can dunk pretty easily. Looking at him you would think he's a typical mountain 6'4" that can't jump but he's not bad, just got to get a work ethic. Smith and Wolfe are probably top 3-4 no matter what. If McDaniel were an inch or two taller you would have 5-5.

I just call them like I see them. I try to be impartial. I am a clay fan but not afraid to ruffle feathers if its what I see. If I think someone is lazy or selfish I will say so. That being said I'm a realist and I know this team has some issues, but this team also has a very high ceiling if they can put it all together.
BrokenArrow Wrote:I just call them like I see them. I try to be impartial. I am a clay fan but not afraid to ruffle feathers if its what I see. If I think someone is lazy or selfish I will say so. That being said I'm a realist and I know this team has some issues, but this team also has a very high ceiling if they can put it all together.

I definitely understand that. Anyone who argues that when CC brings it they aren't the best in the region is crazy. We'll see if they've brought it when it matters most the next couple weeks.
Who in the mountains jumps better than Wes Wolfe? If he had Blake Smith's wingspan then that would be mindboggling.
EKYBubbaWatson Wrote:Who in the mountains jumps better than Wes Wolfe? If he had Blake Smith's wingspan then that would be mindboggling.

Would like to see Wolfe and Smiths vertical. Dont know which would be better. Wolfe one foot jumper(Jordan style). Smith 2 foot jumper(Dominique style). One thing for sure they fly around like crazy. Smith better dunker IMO. Never see Wolfe do any thing that makes me go WOW. That windmill off the bounce and 2 hand 360 from smith is worth the price of admission
EKYBubbaWatson Wrote:Who in the mountains jumps better than Wes Wolfe? If he had Blake Smith's wingspan then that would be mindboggling.

The kid was blocking (fouling) stuff with his elbow at the rim the other night against Middlesboro. His vertical has to be insane.
Wolfe gets 3-4 inches higher than Smith I'd guess and Smith can probably reach 3-4 inches higher. I'd venture to say Wolfe can get 40+ on the run. Smith is a better dunker but Wolfe can flat soar.
BrokenArrow Wrote:Would like to see Wolfe and Smiths vertical. Dont know which would be better. Wolfe one foot jumper(Jordan style). Smith 2 foot jumper(Dominique style). One thing for sure they fly around like crazy. Smith better dunker IMO. Never see Wolfe do any thing that makes me go WOW. That windmill off the bounce and 2 hand 360 from smith is worth the price of admission

Agree Smith's dunks in warm-ups are better which you could argue the length there. Wolfe still does the same things he was at the end of last season with a little more power. Would love to see Wes grow a little more but doubt that is going to happen.
There both leapers but I'll take smith on the vertical simply because it is a measured 2 foot jump. Wolfe can definitely out glide him and maybe get a little higher with a run. Its apple and oranges I like the way both plays
The numbers I put for those players are roster numbers, and they very well could be fudged. But, if we're going to go by that, everyone else's is fudged, as well.

I still think that is the largest lineup in the region.
Broughton is the same size/body as Smith who is listed 6'2. Jeffers is 6'4. And no chance the 8th grader is as tall as Allen. I seen him when he was playing for Corbin and he looked about 6'5-6 then. Asher is a legit 6'7. Other freshman doesn't appear to be as tall as Broughton.
Pages: 1 2 3