Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 2014
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:^yes they did. But they fill the holes with capable bodies. Comparitive to 2012 Pikeville. Everyone thought they were bottom dwellers. Thy took some lumps, but manaed to play their way back into another Regional Championship appearence. The difference in 2014 and 2012 will be the fact that they have an experienced qb to lead them. Hall will be replaced by committee, Black will be replaced by a more atheletic version of himself, the line will be the only question mark. But Pikeville is Pikeville, they always rebuild and compete. BUT, I am calling for them to win the East. I think they have the speed to compete with Wburg.

Good post SB, I'm thinking the same thing. They will be a solid team all around and it will be the Panthers and the Rams for the regional title.
I think it will to. Fairview and Paintsville could very well have a say in district 7 as well though. Both are fairly quiet right now. Not alot of chatter.
Pretty much same schedule as last year just switch home and away games.
Week 0- Prestonsburg
Week 1- Pike Co. Bowl Hazard
Week 2- Paintsville
Week 3- @Sheldon Clark
Week 4- Belfry
Week 5- @Middlesboro
Week 6- BYE
Week 7- @South Floyd
Week 8- Phelps
Week 9- @Allen Central
Week 10- Russell
I really like the Pikeville and Hazard are playing again..
Its the pike co bowl who knows what will happen from now till then
hey i have heard rumors that Thacker is leaving PHS? any truth to that
bac2369 Wrote:I really like the Pikeville and Hazard are playing again..

Agree. And this past season's game in the PCB was a great one. Two mtn. juggernauts going at it.
Mentioned it on a few other threads but how would u Pikeville people like to see all east ky small schools classic get worked out? Something like this:

Raceland vs Hazard
Williamsburg vs Pikeville
Paintsville vs Prestonsburg
Fairview vs Someone

It would be a rotating game between Pikeville and Hazard, both are a centralized location with turf fields. I know it will never happen, but with small schools consolidating like they are there is a chance that teams like the ones mentioned above could be the only ones left o the eastern side of the state. Thoughts?
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Mentioned it on a few other threads but how would u Pikeville people like to see all east ky small schools classic get worked out? Something like this:

Raceland vs Hazard
Williamsburg vs Pikeville
Paintsville vs Prestonsburg
Fairview vs Someone

It would be a rotating game between Pikeville and Hazard, both are a centralized location with turf fields. I know it will never happen, but with small schools consolidating like they are there is a chance that teams like the ones mentioned above could be the only ones left o the eastern side of the state. Thoughts?
This is similar in theory, but something Florida State took part in a few years ago. If you can get the schools on board, you could do a 4-6 team round robin and call it whatever you want to call it and the team with the best record with tiebreakers included gets a trophy.

You do it early in the year to avoid district play. And it adds incentive to the non-district games and adds a rivalry aspect to it.

Let's say it is this, so there are no district games:

-Pikeville
-Raceland
-Prestonsburg
-Hazard
-Russell
-Breathitt County

Week 0
-Prestonsburg @ Pikeville
-Raceland @ Breathitt County
-Russell @ Hazard

Week 1

-Hazard @ Pikeville (PCB) You can build in the PCB to this format every year.
-Russell @ Raceland
-Breathitt County @ Prestonsburg

Week 2

-Pikeville @ Breathitt County
-Hazard @ Raceland
-Prestonsburg @ Russell

Week 3

-Pikeville @ Russell
-Hazard @ Breathitt County
-Raceland @ Prestonsburg

Week 4

-Raceland @ Pikeville
-Prestonsburg @ Hazard
-Breathitt County @ Russell

That gives teams 5 non-district games with a week off and room to schedule another non-district. This helps with scheduling, you know who you will play and that you will have an even number of home and away for a 2 year set.

I have always thought it would be cool to have a tournament within the non-district like this.
I like that set up alot
Imo, it would be a win/win situation for all small schools involved, as it would highlight the small school on the east side of the State where we see them being slowly consolidated. As a whole interest in football should increase.
Pvilles offseason speed looks UNREAL!! This maybe the most athletic team weve had in quite some time. Alot are doing track even some lineman. Cant wait to see this team speed on the field bcuz alot of teams wont be able to match this much improved speed of the team.
^Can't wait to see some football!
Wow, Now that would be great scheduling. Glad to see Pikeville and Hazard (together again). Great for football.
TigerBlues Wrote:Good post SB, I'm thinking the same thing. They will be a solid team all around and it will be the Panthers and the Rams for the regional title.

You may be right but coming from a Williamsburg fan, I saw them in spring practice and honestly they are a 25% better team than last year that is unles Patrick that linebacker doesn't make it back, even then I was told by his mother that his twin brother was going to play this year just because of his brother's injury if he does He is 6 foot 3 210 OR 215 I know what this kid can do I saw him play for Corbin middle when Corbin won it all in Lexington the same year Williamsburg won the state championship he may be better than his brother he is much bigger with same speed
Williamsburg is loaded believe me, they have added 4 good big transfers to add to an already loaded team. I think the East will be much, much better than last year
^Are you lost?
I would love to see someone from the east take out Mayfield before they move up to 2A. If for nothing more than to say "hey we did it". It seems like alot of teams are going to look ver similar. A couple 270-300lb tackles, but for the most part the lines look to be between 230-250lb strong and powerful guys who can explode and move. Not just "waller-dawg" people around. Which, imo, will make for some great Matchups. I still think Pikeville wins the east though. I think they have to much speed for Raceland(next year neway) and speed to matchup with Wburg. Couple that with having to go to Pikeville and win. Come on man! Is it August yet? Good luck to Pikeville. Hated to see the series end with Raceland. Some great ball games and some great healthy rivalry both on the field and in the stands! Lot of respect for everyone on Championship Drive.
^Def. lots of respect between Raceland and Pikeville Scotty. If the transfer gods would have been for Pikeville instead of against these last two years, I would have liked Pikeville's chances against Mayfield in 2014. Still, who knows what will happen? Going to be a very exciting year for sure. Pikeville opens at home 3 straight weeks with Hazard, Prestonsburg and Paintsville - going to be awesome from the get-go.:chainsaw:
This is a great schedule. If only
Panther fans, does Cade Byers fit anywhere in the equation for the '14 edition Pikeville squad? He was a man among boys for the Jr. High squad last season.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:I would love to see someone from the east take out Mayfield before they move up to 2A. If for nothing more than to say "hey we did it". It seems like alot of teams are going to look ver similar. A couple 270-300lb tackles, but for the most part the lines look to be between 230-250lb strong and powerful guys who can explode and move. Not just "waller-dawg" people around. Which, imo, will make for some great Matchups. I still think Pikeville wins the east though. I think they have to much speed for Raceland(next year neway) and speed to matchup with Wburg. Couple that with having to go to Pikeville and win. Come on man! Is it August yet? Good luck to Pikeville. Hated to see the series end with Raceland. Some great ball games and some great healthy rivalry both on the field and in the stands! Lot of respect for everyone on Championship Drive.

Scotty I believe the trip to BG goes through the Burg, I have to believe that the BURG only lost 1 player last year and have added 4 players to an already loaded team.
^^^I heard that as well. But Raceland exposed what Williamsburg is weak against defensively. No huddle spread, but RUNNIG DOWN HILL. Raceland got the ball moving several times and on their lone score, they started at their 10 and Ran about 10 running plays betwee the tackles with a strong/explosive(not lightning fast) running back, Carson Christian. Looking at what Pikeville returns, theyhave about 3 backs like that. So does Raceland. Williamsburg's going to be good. But I have a feeling that they are going to get knocked off by either Pikeville, Hazard, or believe it or not Raceland. Williamsburg SHOULD be the eastern rep in BG, but I think Pikeville or Hazard WILL be the rep for the east.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:^^^I heard that as well. But Raceland exposed what Williamsburg is weak against defensively. No huddle spread, but RUNNIG DOWN HILL. Raceland got the ball moving several times and on their lone score, they started at their 10 and Ran about 10 running plays betwee the tackles with a strong/explosive(not lightning fast) running back, Carson Christian. Looking at what Pikeville returns, theyhave about 3 backs like that. So does Raceland. Williamsburg's going to be good. But I have a feeling that they are going to get knocked off by either Pikeville, Hazard, or believe it or not Raceland. Williamsburg SHOULD be the eastern rep in BG, but I think Pikeville or Hazard WILL be the rep for the east.

Scott You could be right but, it would be an upset. I THINK
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:^^^I heard that as well. But Raceland exposed what Williamsburg is weak against defensively. No huddle spread, but RUNNIG DOWN HILL. Raceland got the ball moving several times and on their lone score, they started at their 10 and Ran about 10 running plays betwee the tackles with a strong/explosive(not lightning fast) running back, Carson Christian. Looking at what Pikeville returns, theyhave about 3 backs like that. So does Raceland. Williamsburg's going to be good. But I have a feeling that they are going to get knocked off by either Pikeville, Hazard, or believe it or not Raceland. Williamsburg SHOULD be the eastern rep in BG, but I think Pikeville or Hazard WILL be the rep for the east.

Raceland exposed Williamsburg are you kidding Scotty. Confusederiously:
Wburg does have an injury that could hurt.
What did Beach decide to do?
Raceland coming off there 1st regional championship & state semifinal appearance pulled the same thing Williamsburg did in the State Final. Deer in the head lights. Took each team to long to get settled down.The East is gaining ground w/ Williamsburg, Hazard, Raceland, Pikeville & throw a revived Paintsville team into the mix & we have 5 of the top 10 teams with a ton of playoff experience.
Gargamel Wrote:Raceland coming off there 1st regional championship & state semifinal appearance pulled the same thing Williamsburg did in the State Final. Deer in the head lights. Took each team to long to get settled down.The East is gaining ground w/ Williamsburg, Hazard, Raceland, Pikeville & throw a revived Paintsville team into the mix & we have 5 of the top 10 teams with a ton of playoff experience.

Paintsville is very much in the mix. But it will be tough Raceland and pikeville games are on the road. :worthy:
A bump for pikeville. Confusednicker: