Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central vs Lawrence County PREDICTIONS
One more thing I thought with the injuries we had against Belfry and the way we hung in there I know we have the potential.We need a break,,a fumble,,a kickoff for a touchdown just something.
Old school Dawg Wrote:I hope our boys do read this because if this dont fire them up nothing will.Rise to the challenge Dawgs especially the seniors.Remember Buster Douglas knocking out Tyson?Well Central is not that much better.Lets turn this into a smashmouth game and see if we might catch Central flat.Matney hollers so much maybe it will fall on the young eagles deaf ears.Dawgs will always have good fans if the effort is at its maximum.Go Dawgs
If any team relies on a bunch of post's on a message board to fire them up there in a world of hurt. If players can't get fired up for this game well all that I can say is there's no flame left in them. Good luck to both teams this week. It's going to be smashed mouth football this week I'll gurantee that and I promise you that Central won't be flat. They realize the importance of this game.
Never said they relied on things said on here but trying to put a spin on the fact some think it might hurt a team.As far as Central the fact the beat us what once in the last 20 years they have reason to want to win.
Old school Dawg Wrote:I hope our boys do read this because if this dont fire them up nothing will.Rise to the challenge Dawgs especially the seniors.Remember Buster Douglas knocking out Tyson?Well Central is not that much better.Lets turn this into a smashmouth game and see if we might catch Central flat.Matney hollers so much maybe it will fall on the young eagles deaf ears.Dawgs will always have good fans if the effort is at its maximum.Go Dawgs

I agree agree agree. I know the more of this that I read the more it would fire me up make me more determined to prove everyone wrong. Also the more they read maybe the more confident.
I believe in our team and support them 110% Our team is young but they have the FIRE :flame: in them to WIN! I know one thing the Eagels will know that they have been in a DOG fight!!!!!!

It's not the size of the dog in the fight.....
It's the fight in the dog......

I truly believe in that statement.

GO BULLDOGS!!!!!
YOU WILL ALWAYS BE #1 IN MY BOOK!!!!
Boy you sure changed your mind in a hurry.You got a bobble head or what,,hehe All joking aside pal I said when Matney arrived at Central you all would become the best team year in and year out in the mountains.Central has always had big and good players but now you have a coach who is the best around.I would love to see Central win it all.Where did the Blume kid go to college and where is JJ JUDE.I would rather see Lawrence win it but would pull for Central.JJ Jude was the best little leauge football player around a few years back
JJ Jude is in 7th grade and if you would have came to the 7th grade game this past Thursday you would have seen him play.(at LC) against our 7th Grade team...
I really like the Jude family but Johnson Central better not count on him staying because they follow Mattney and from what I understand he is just waiting for the position at Belfrey to open up and he will be going home...and the JUde family will go too.
Jc..above 60... Lc, under 10..
Old school Dawg Wrote:Boy you sure changed your mind in a hurry.You got a bobble head or what,,hehe All joking aside pal I said when Matney arrived at Central you all would become the best team year in and year out in the mountains.Central has always had big and good players but now you have a coach who is the best around.I would love to see Central win it all.Where did the Blume kid go to college and where is JJ JUDE.I would rather see Lawrence win it but would pull for Central.JJ Jude was the best little leauge football player around a few years back
Who are you talking to ? Who changed there mind in a hurry?
Bulldog 4 Life Wrote:JJ Jude is in 7th grade and if you would have came to the 7th grade game this past Thursday you would have seen him play.(at LC) against our 7th Grade team...
I really like the Jude family but Johnson Central better not count on him staying because they follow Mattney and from what I understand he is just waiting for the position at Belfrey to open up and he will be going home...and the JUde family will go too.

I didn't realize that you and Coach Matney were so close that he would share his future plans with you. I didn't realize that Haywood was retiring at Belfry so if it's not coming from Coach Matney were are you getting this insider info at. We have heard this garbage from the get go when he took over at Central. He has told me and others that he has no interest in the Belfry job. He's even said himself that the people that start these rumors about the Belfry job are just doing so because they are scared of him staying at JC. We have heard this talk about him leaving for a while now and I must say that I'm quite surprised that it's coming from a Bulldog fan instead of the scared tiger fans that we are used to hearing this nonsense from. Jim has stated from day one that he's going to build a program at Johnson Central and he is VERY happy were he is at. Why do you care if he go's to Belfry and what's this got to do with this weeks game. Is this all there is to talk about in Louisa? Rolleyes
I don't think Matney matters to LC after this year because if he stays he'll be in 5A and if he goes to Belfry he'll either be in 2A or 3A not sure where Belfry lands while LC will be in 4A.
Golden Eagle seems to get physically ill at the thought of Matney leaving.Matney also had said he wasnt leaving Sheldon Clark.Matney going back to Belfry has been something Matney shared with anyone who would listen when he was younger.Take a chill pill Golden Eagle and enjoy the success you guys are having.Be nice!!!
CatDawg Wrote:I don't think Matney matters to LC after this year because if he stays he'll be in 5A and if he goes to Belfry he'll either be in 2A or 3A not sure where Belfry lands while LC will be in 4A.
That's why I was curios why a Lawrence fan would be bringing up the old "Matney to Belfry" topic again. It usually comes from our scared neighbors from across the creek.
Sorry I ruffled you'r feathers....
I was just replying to Old School Dog as to were JJ Jude is at this time. Who knows where he will be in the future.
Good response Bulldog for life.See Golden Eagle how nice Bulldog 4 life is being.Everyone needs to just be nice.I played on the first LCHS football team and have seen every team that ever was here play and with all the trouble in the world football is something to take us all away from that so lets keep it friendly and sorry if I ever come across mean spirited because Im usually smiling the whole time im typing.High School football DONT U ALL LOVE IT
Old school Dawg Wrote:Golden Eagle seems to get physically ill at the thought of Matney leaving.Matney also had said he wasnt leaving Sheldon Clark.Matney going back to Belfry has been something Matney shared with anyone who would listen when he was younger.Take a chill pill Golden Eagle and enjoy the success you guys are having.Be nice!!!
I'm being nice and I'm not getting "physically ill at the thought of Matney leaving". He stayed at Sheldon Clark almost twenty years for heavens sake. Believe me old school I am enjoying the success and trust me when I say it's going to last for a while. It's always good to here from our neighbors of the North and I look forward to coming to Louisa Friday. What time does Lisa's close?
Im not sure pal but it stays open pretty late.I personally hope Matney retires at Central.Good luck the rest of the season.I was surprised at the margin of victory against Bryan Station with your qb out.
Bulldog 4 Life Wrote:Sorry I ruffled you'r feathers....
I was just replying to Old School Dog as to were JJ Jude is at this time. Who knows where he will be in the future.
No feathers have been ruffled here friend (I don't have that many feathers left at my age) and please trust me when I say that JJ and family will be Eagles for a long time. Good luck to the Bulldogs this season, after Friday of course.
Thanks and Good Luck to you also I'm sure you guys will go far....
one thing people are not considering is that the Dawgs have changed thier offense and are now running the wishbone that they were so good at in the 90's so i dont think it will be a blow out we will hang in there and give them a game on this one...
JC-32
LC-18
Confusedhh: LPD826
Johnson Central with another win!
JC-42
LC-12
I laugh when i see some of the post that the LC supports uses on this website. "Were gonna BITE ya", "Going to be a DAWG FIGHT", its all just words that have no reflection on the LC teams now. This team has no defensive identity allowing over 28 points a game and couldnt even move the ball against a pitiful PCC defense. The past is the past, no one is scared of LC anymore. They are a mediocre team at best now and will be for a while. You talk about how young LC is well you could say JC is as well. JC will lose a total of 4 players of this years offense next year and 5 of the defense and they are still winning. Face it LC isnt the team they once were. And all this talk about Jim Matney leaving is nonsense, just sounds like wishful thinking to me. If he leaves to go to Belfry, his alma-mater, then that is fine with me, its where he grew up and many ppls dreams are to coach at the school they played football at. So who could blame him? I believe that Matney is alot more loyal than some of you believe but you have your opinions. I know for a fact that JC went after him hard when Bill Musick left but he said that he wouldnt leave his boys. I think that this time around it was just more than he could pass up and he wanted a new challenge. I will support Matney in whatever he does cause what he has done for JC is amazing in bring in all this support and excitement back to the football program. I have a feeling that alot of ppl in Lawrence Co. are going to be highly dissapointed at the end of this game just as they were last year when they were overhyped and left Eagle Field with a 43-0 thrashing that could have been worse.
CatDawg Wrote:I don't think Matney matters to LC after this year because if he stays he'll be in 5A and if he goes to Belfry he'll either be in 2A or 3A not sure where Belfry lands while LC will be in 4A.

Since this is the last year for the 2 teams to play each other, both should show respect for each other. Its not like a "survivor" episode. The best team will win regardless. Everyone needs to be civilized. We need an eastern ky team to represent us in Louisville.
Its a no-brainer that Matney will end up at Belfry...I wish that Coach Matney would stay at JCHS forever...but its not going to happen....I don't really knows if thats his plan but if I was to bet a dollar on a fat pig's ass then Matney will end up at Belfry.
johnson central in a laugher they win by 25-30
cbls_75 Wrote:Its a no-brainer that Matney will end up at Belfry...I wish that Coach Matney would stay at JCHS forever...but its not going to happen....I don't really knows if thats his plan but if I was to bet a dollar on a fat pig's ass then Matney will end up at Belfry.
You don't really know his future plans but you say he will end up at Belfry. What makes you so sure about him ending up at Belfry? I get so sick of people talking out of there butt about subjects they are totally clueless about. This thread is about Friday's game for petes sake.
Golden Eagle Wrote:You don't really know his future plans but you say he will end up at Belfry. What makes you so sure about him ending up at Belfry? I get so sick of people talking out of there butt about subjects they are totally clueless about. This thread is about Friday's game for petes sake.

Golden Eagle makes a great point everyone. Lets end the talk about Matney going somewhere else in this thread. If you want to make another thread about it, feel free. Please only talk about predictions, strategy, players, etc. that will be effecting the outcome of the Johnson Central and Lawrence County game this week.
Kayaker Wrote:I laugh when i see some of the post that the LC supports uses on this website. "Were gonna BITE ya", "Going to be a DAWG FIGHT", its all just words that have no reflection on the LC teams now. This team has no defensive identity allowing over 28 points a game and couldnt even move the ball against a pitiful PCC defense. The past is the past, no one is scared of LC anymore. They are a mediocre team at best now and will be for a while. You talk about how young LC is well you could say JC is as well. JC will lose a total of 4 players of this years offense next year and 5 of the defense and they are still winning. Face it LC isnt the team they once were. And all this talk about Jim Matney leaving is nonsense, just sounds like wishful thinking to me. If he leaves to go to Belfry, his alma-mater, then that is fine with me, its where he grew up and many ppls dreams are to coach at the school they played football at. So who could blame him? I believe that Matney is alot more loyal than some of you believe but you have your opinions. I know for a fact that JC went after him hard when Bill Musick left but he said that he wouldnt leave his boys. I think that this time around it was just more than he could pass up and he wanted a new challenge. I will support Matney in whatever he does cause what he has done for JC is amazing in bring in all this support and excitement back to the football program. I have a feeling that alot of ppl in Lawrence Co. are going to be highly dissapointed at the end of this game just as they were last year when they were overhyped and left Eagle Field with a 43-0 thrashing that could have been worse.

Well it was said one time and it wasnt even said like your making it out to be said, and it does reflect this years team, because in every game this year they hae left there mark on everyone they played even if it was a loss. But I guess JC is the only ones that can get excited about there team. I have nothing else to say other than come friday night we will see who is saying what ever. But Win Lose or Draw I will be right here and supporting the DAWGS!!!!!!! Also there could be a game two with the new playoff system.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
What kind of depth does Lawrence have?