Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(#2) Michigan State 78 (#1) Kentucky 74
Luther Rackley Wrote:Miller's Senior leadership was crucial in 2012.

Miller was a important player on the 2012 team but the "Senior leadership" crap is some over blown BS some sports writer dreamed up! MKG was the leader of the 2012 team, him along with Davis. If I was picking a under rated player type from the 2012 team that this team needs it would a Doron Lamb type of guy! Lamb was a cold blooded 3 point shooter who never took bad shots, he was also a solid defender and played with a team first approach. I heard all summer long how great a shooter the Young is, IMO he has a long way to go to be the shooter that Lamb was. From what I have saw this season Randle is the best 3-point shooter of this group of Freshmen! If Cal doesn't start Johnson and use him as a scoring threat in the post and use Randle as the driver in a Lebron James type of role this team will have trouble finding points against good college teams. IMO this team will take a bunch of lumps along the way!
Tough loss. I honestly believe Julius Randle will be the best player in the country.
OutsideLookingIn Wrote:Hofstra?? We will see if you talk BS after that little meeting in December Smile

What dose Hofstra have to do with anything? And honestly i think U of L matches up great with UK. Uk showed they turn the ball over kinda easy, Cards press will eat them up. Cats struggle getting back on d in transition, Cards speed will make them pay for that. And really the biggest suprise factor is with this bs new rule about u touch a guy its a foul, Louisvilles guards will get fouled alottttttt and they are very good free throw shooters.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:And what was the mighty Mouseketeers ranked?

We already knew cHuggy would have a bad year. He peaked when we beat Wall and Crew in 2010.
dore20 Wrote:What dose Hofstra have to do with anything? And honestly i think U of L matches up great with UK. Uk showed they turn the ball over kinda easy, Cards press will eat them up. Cats struggle getting back on d in transition, Cards speed will make them pay for that. And really the biggest suprise factor is with this bs new rule about u touch a guy its a foul, Louisvilles guards will get fouled alottttttt and they are very good free throw shooters.

Why do you think the new rule will help Louisville, when they hack, reach, and slap more than any other team in the country. Most experts have even mentioned Louisville being affected more than any other team regarding the new rules.

I'm glad you can make all of those assumptions and assume UK will still be turning the ball over "kinda easy" (as you put it) and that the Cats will struggle with transition defense. The game is still a way off, so you might be surprised yourself when you watch this game.
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:We already knew cHuggy would have a bad year. He peaked when we beat Wall and Crew in 2010.

Wow, glad to see you know your priorities. Must suck being a WVU fan knowing your glory days are over and they include no national titles since ever, and only 3 Elite Eights in your entire history. Yeah, your trash talk is really justified.
I do not see how you can play either one of our bigs the way they shoot free throws ,it's just like a turnover if you can't make your free throws. If they keep calling games the way they are now. It looks to me like you have to play your best free throw shooters.
My main takeaway from this game is that M St is an outstanding team. Solid defensively. Great guard play. Big, strong athletic bodies on the interior.Extremely aggresive and tough, Maybe one of Izzos best teams and he's had some good ones. Having said that, Kentucky not only outplayed the Spartans in the second half, they OUT TUFFED them. The adjustment to the speed of the game that the UK players made in the second half stood out like a sore thumb. James Young sure could have helped matters with the 3 ball. This team will compete for the title but we should all know how hard those banners are to hang. Looks like Izzo has the team to beat.