Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: (#2) Michigan State 78 (#1) Kentucky 74
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
No 40-0 season this year....Probably will never happen.

17 Kentucky turnovers to 7 Michigan State Turnovers

21-2 fast break points in favor of Michigan State

Kentucky is just a horrible free throw shooting team...
i said after sunday game that the free throw would cost them this game and it did, they missed another 16 tonight or this game is not close...
20-36 FT Shooting for Kentucky.....13-17 for Michigan State

Kentucky was 4-20 from 3 (James Young 3-11)
The young Cats will learn from this and continue to grow. Come tourney time if and win they meet the Spartans again I would venture to say come March UK wins!

All things considered in an early season game I'm optimistic.
also the twins didnt look any better than what we had last yr tonight,if the guards cant drive to the basket its going to hurt them becuase if not for Young in the 1st half and Randall in the 2nd,this would have been a blowout,i know its there 3 rd game and they all will grow,thats what i see as of tonight besides the POOR FT SHOOTING and sometime LAZY defense...
CraftCreeker Wrote:http://www.40and0.com/

i guess they lost money on that deal..
Glad that 40-0 garbage is out the window. Hopefully this grounds the players and they realize they must play to their potential in order to meet their expectations. As for the game we played like crap
in most aspects of the game. Horrible defense and the harrisons didnt show up. IMO poythress should start and aaron harrison should come off the bench. I would also start dakari to send a wake up call to cauley stein. With as bad as we looked for stretches tonight, we still have a crazy talent that is only going to get better. Sometimes a loss like this is better than a win in the grand scheme.

As much of a beast as randle is, he needs to stop with the spin 20 feet away from the basket and must have stonger hands with the ball. He almost had double digit turnovers and accounted for halfof the teams turnovers. That is simply unacceptable, especially from him.
So much for the greatest basketball team since the 96 Bulls!!!!
What we can take from this game is this bunch of young cats are pretty damn good. They have some growing to do. Coach Cal said this team is young but they will get better and grow into the team everyone thinks they will. Need to improve on free throw shooting and transition defense just to many easy baskets.
Don't forget Michigan State is a very good team as well with a lot more seasoned players. If this game was played in February I would be worried but it's just the 3rd game of the season. A lot of time for these young players to grow and learn to play together.
Cats should have blown Michigan State out. Move on and get better.
Ton of turnovers. Cant shoot deep. Cant shoot freebies. Cant get back on d in transition. And as i have been saying to people for a while the twins are divas. They are way to emotional and a lil overrated. Good players but not great. Poythres played like a man on the boards. Randle should be the number one pick next year. But besides that UK dose not look that great. But mostly im just happy all the over hyping UK fans can shut up the undefeated bs.
And the Loserville fans can keep up that trash about how Richard really taught Behanan a lesson and is such an outstanding human being.

Oh yeah. Make some free throws.

Michigan State is really good.
FBALL Wrote:And the Loserville fans can keep up that trash about how Richard really taught Behanan a lesson and is such an outstanding human being.

Oh yeah. Make some free throws.

Michigan State is really good.
Yeah that indefinite suspension didn't last very long. I guess once you struggle with charelston your principals don't mean as much.
To have as ugly of a game that they played and only lost by 4 says a lot about this team. They have a long way to come and Coach Cal will have them there. When they fix some of those little mistakes they will be a great team, but for now they're just a good team.
This was a huge test for such a young team early in the season.

Had they made their free throws, they would have won the game.
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:So much for the greatest basketball team since the 96 Bulls!!!!

And what was the mighty Mouseketeers ranked?
Kentucky looked good against a veteran team, there's a lot they can take away from this one.
Mich St Chemistry and experience was a big key in their success and will continue to be. The guards for UK simply got out played. Ive said it for years, free throws win ball games. Tonight proved just that! Payne done a heck of a job defending Randle while in the game. I was shocked and impressed by that. Should UK feel bad about the loss? heck no! They played with a lot of heart and courage tonight. Thats what last years team lacked. UK will just be fine. 40-0 or 39-1 isnt gonna happen. But no team will want to play UK come March assuming they can get the Chemistry better
dore20 Wrote:Ton of turnovers. Cant shoot deep. Cant shoot freebies. Cant get back on d in transition. And as i have been saying to people for a while the twins are divas. They are way to emotional and a lil overrated. Good players but not great. Poythres played like a man on the boards. Randle should be the number one pick next year. But besides that UK dose not look that great. But mostly im just happy all the over hyping UK fans can shut up the undefeated bs.
Hofstra?? We will see if you talk BS after that little meeting in December Smile
Turnovers and missed Free Throws. Expected from a freshmen bunch.

Good thing is we lost to a senior team that has peaked by 4 points.

Are upside is much, much larger.
On a brighter note, the fact that Lville is struggling with horrible teams makes me happy.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Turnovers and missed Free Throws. Expected from a freshmen bunch.

Good thing is we lost to a senior team that has peaked by 4 points.

Are upside is much, much larger.

I though you were smarter than that! LOL, seriously, we are talking about a team that has kids that are 21 years old on it. So that means they have "peaked"???? I've never ever understood that argument that "our kids are so young, they have more room to get better!". Really??? Last I saw, athletes peak at 27-29, not 18! So are older athletes going to get closer to "peak" than an 18 year-old?

Yes, I absolutely believe that UK will get better, but so will every team in the country. Why would a team of Freshmen have a higher upside than any more experienced team? Correct me if I am wrong, but UK has had the best "talent of 18 year olds" than any team in the nation for the last four years. Yet in those four years, their last game of the season resulted in a loss!

What thoroughly worries me is that this team is still missing that experienced "go to guy". There is no "Darius Miller" on this team to help settle this exceptionally talented group of Freshmen!

There is nothing that I saw last night that made me fear anything about this season, but to say this teams upside is better than any other team is just off-base. Teams like Kansas and dUKe are teams that has that mix of great youth and GOOD experience! Look at the national champions over the last several years (including UK), and that's the teams that win the last game of the year!
Well Michigan st was ready. We got punched in the mouth.. Number 2 vs number 1.. Someone was going to prevail. Ill take a -4 loss. Better than a 20 point loss. We will still get number 9.
Number one thing to take away from this game is, UK outrebounded a veteran Michigan State team.

How many times has a Izzo coached team been outrebounded? Probably not many.
Stardust Wrote:I though you were smarter than that! LOL, seriously, we are talking about a team that has kids that are 21 years old on it. So that means they have "peaked"???? I've never ever understood that argument that "our kids are so young, they have more room to get better!". Really??? Last I saw, athletes peak at 27-29, not 18! So are older athletes going to get closer to "peak" than an 18 year-old?

Yes, I absolutely believe that UK will get better, but so will every team in the country. Why would a team of Freshmen have a higher upside than any more experienced team? Correct me if I am wrong, but UK has had the best "talent of 18 year olds" than any team in the nation for the last four years. Yet in those four years, their last game of the season resulted in a loss!

What thoroughly worries me is that this team is still missing that experienced "go to guy". There is no "Darius Miller" on this team to help settle this exceptionally talented group of Freshmen!

There is nothing that I saw last night that made me fear anything about this season, but to say this teams upside is better than any other team is just off-base. Teams like Kansas and dUKe are teams that has that mix of great youth and GOOD experience! Look at the national champions over the last several years (including UK), and that's the teams that win the last game of the year!

What are you talking about?? I know you hate Coach Cal and the one and done stuff, but NEWS FALSH, UK won the title in 2012, that means they won the LAST game they played that season! The "Darius Miller" stuff is last years Cats' Pause talking! IMO Davis, MKG and Jones made Miller a better player. The 2012 team was built on Defense and this team looked like they hadn't worked on that aspect of the game a lot.
Stardust Wrote:I though you were smarter than that! LOL, seriously, we are talking about a team that has kids that are 21 years old on it. So that means they have "peaked"???? I've never ever understood that argument that "our kids are so young, they have more room to get better!". Really??? Last I saw, athletes peak at 27-29, not 18! So are older athletes going to get closer to "peak" than an 18 year-old?

As far as the college game goes, this Michigan State team will be exactly the same if they make it to the final four. There an experienced bunch, and even the sophomores wont have much room for improvement.
My point in saying this is that UK's frosh have only played together for 3 GAMES!!!!!

This Mich State bunch has guys on it thats played in over a 100 together. Even the Harris Kid has a lot more games under his belt.
Give these kids about 3 weeks, and they will be unstoppable! Mark it down and pin a stardust. Thats all she wrote!

The only thing that has to happen is the Twins have to get better. If that happens and Cauley Stein quits being a pansy, then I dont know that we'll lose another game!
^ And this group of MSU players have only played 2 games together. Meaning the argument that teams get significantly better because they are younger is just ludicrous....
Miller's Senior leadership was crucial in 2012.
Stardust Wrote:^ And this group of MSU players have only played 2 games together. Meaning the argument that teams get significantly better because they are younger is just ludicrous....

They wont get significantly better.

They will be out of this world!
Pages: 1 2