Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rank 1a teams chances of winning state this year.
I thought my son wanted anybody opinion this is a free america and we are free on the eastern side of the state .I will be the first to jump ship for any 1A team that beats Williamsburg against any team in the west.So go an piss an comeback an bad mouth Williamsburg some more like you do on every thread and post 64sur will defend the east
You forgot the icons 64. Are you getting lazy. I am not bad mouthing anyone. I am stating facts.
64 is really gettin heated.lol. Love his die hard blind ambition. Those Orange Tinted Glasses must be thick as a hockey puck.
I know it. Poor guy needs to start wearing red and black. It worked for me.
Lol. I am Orange and Black and Ram Pride as it gets. But I am realistic about things. Imo Raceland SHOULD win the east. But hell, they were up 27-10 in 06 only to get beat 46-27 by NCC, the following year they were down by like 3 scores with 5 minutes to go at LCA and went up by 3 only to lose in the final 2 minutes of the game, that was in the semis, then got blasted 2 years ago by a Pikeville team that had only beate then by 1 earlier in the season, then we all know of last years fiasco. Beat a team by 40 then lose to them in OT.

Raceland has played somw good ball this ear and so has Pikeville. I dont feel that Pikeville has played their best defensive game, nor has Raceland played their best offensive game just yet. If things go as I expect, we should be in for an incredible game in a couple weeks. Pikeville has never won at Ram Stadium...but still holds a 3-1 edge in the recent series. Really wish these Rnd 1 games were done away with.
When,if, most likely, these two meet at Raceland, it will be like two heavy weights meeting for a heavily touted event. Here you got Raceland who is on a roll, so to speak since the Ironton game. No doubt, they have the weapons to get the job done. Then, you have Pikeville, who is #2 in the final AP polls, leading the State in scoring in class single A, averaging 48 points a game with a potent offense adept at running, or passing. Imo, if there is a weak link in this Pikeville team it would be the defense. As far as Raceland having a weak link, don't know that much about them to say for sure.If there is a weak one, it will be exposed. One thing is for sure, this game will be well worth the cost of a ticket to enjoy.
I think the winner of that game represents the east. I am kind of fond of Hazard though. I would also like to see the Jckets get their shot for 64's sake. However if I were to put any money on 1 team over there it would be the Rams.
Hazard's being pretty quiet in all of this. They've been there before, and know how to get there. Better watch out for the Bull Dogs. Yeah, hate to see 64 have a let down, but he's a big boy. :Sad04:
Win or lose, 64 may have a coranary during the inevidible regional championship game down there.
mysonis55 Wrote:Another thing, Raceland has the toughest schedule out of the east this year. Check their opponents vs Wburg's by use of any polls or lit ratings and you will see. I don't understand how you could think of making the post where you proclaimed that Wburg's schedule was tougher.

Well i check Raceland schedule and yes williamsburg did play a tougher schedule throw out your lit ratings an open your eyes.who is on raceland schedule is tougher than wayne co and north laurel name one you kant mysonispanic55 Confusednicker:
Bloody Harlan Wrote:Maybe in a few years. I have a hard time believing that a team that lost to PT and Mayfield doesn't have a running clock put on them in the first half if they play a true contender in 6A. I'm not saying they won't get there, but its not happening this year.

You do know that 6A is way down this year and more wide open than is has possibly ever been since going to 6 classes. They are a long shot but it is within the relm of possibility
I dont care who wins the Hazard Williamsburg game, If your not a fan of cold weather then your not a football fan. Im not a Hazard fan but until you boys can beat them then they are the team to beat.
ballboy Wrote:I dont care who wins the Hazard Williamsburg game, If your not a fan of cold weather then your not a football fan. Im not a Hazard fan but until you boys can beat them then they are the team to beat.

We are ready to beat them or score on them :lmao:
64SUR Wrote:We are ready to beat them or score on them :lmao:

Your are so correct.. Especially when you mean score on them... Williamsburgs big high powered offense for the past two years still hasn't scored on the hazard defense. But honestly i do think Williamsburg scores but just don't think they score enough to win and Im not sure they played a running back like Brandon jones this season who will run for 40 yards and carry defenders for 20...
^jones is the difference maker. He alone shoukd be enough to win the ball game. Hazard will control the LOS and be able to eat up some clock. Thats why Hazard will win that ball game. Williamsburg's 110 yds rushing a game isnt enough, especially when the leading rusher is the qb. Hazard/Pikeville or Raceland will be a tough out for region 3. Williamsburg/Raceland or Pikeville, imo, will have Raceland or Pikeville in Bowling Green. Next year on the other hand, Raceland will be young but very tallented and have the ability to shake things up, but next year it will be Williamsburg's year to possibly win it all. Especially if the young oline develope like i think they will.
bac2369 Wrote:Your are so correct.. Especially when you mean score on them... Williamsburgs big high powered offense for the past two years still hasn't scored on the hazard defense. But honestly i do think Williamsburg scores but just don't think they score enough to win and Im not sure they played a running back like Brandon jones this season who will run for 40 yards and carry defenders for 20...

Well we have a much better defense at this time than last year.an Jones had 65yd last year I expect the same this year. Confusedhh:

Hazard 28
Williamsburg 00
State Champion

Hazard 06
Williamsburg 00

Starting to see the big picture getting closer bac2369 Confusednicker:
64SUR Wrote:Well we have a much better defense at this time than last year.an Jones had 65yd last year I expect the same this year. Confusedhh:

Hazard 28
Williamsburg 00
State Champion

Hazard 06
Williamsburg 00

Starting to see the big picture getting closer bac2369 Confusednicker:

It was 7-0... An Jones had an inexperience line too. The kid averages 180 yards or more a game and that's only because he hasn't played all game in the last several games..
Williamsburg will win the East.
I don't have a team in this argument, but I get entertainment from seeing you guys bicker back and forth. 64 and 55 would argue about whether or not they're arguing. Just like a soap opera if you miss a few months, just tune back in and you guys will be fussing about east vs. west. Keep up the good fight!
1. Mayfield
2. Beechwood
3. Willamsburg
4. Russellville
5. Hazard
Dropaduece Wrote:I don't have a team in this argument, but I get entertainment from seeing you guys bicker back and forth. 64 and 55 would argue about whether or not they're arguing. Just like a soap opera if you miss a few months, just tune back in and you guys will be fussing about east vs. west. Keep up the good fight!

Mysonis55 going to eat crow when Williamsburg beats Hazard or I am I have already had a taste of crow from last year
Obviously we all know Mayfield has a great chance. But out of the east its hard to say Hazard has held Williamsburg to 0 points in 2 games thats pretty impressive. Williamsburg has gotten better each year so I think it will come down to turnovers. My picks as of right now will be Mayfield because I've not heard of anything else from the west and Pikeville from the east. I want to say Williamsburg but intill they can beat Hazard its just hard to pick them.
bac2369 Wrote:It was 7-0... An Jones had an inexperience line too. The kid averages 180 yards or more a game and that's only because he hasn't played all game in the last several games..
Your argument is invalid. It was the 12th game of the year for that line, they had plent of experience by that point. I don't have a dog in this fight, just pointing out the fact.
64 You are crazy if you think Wburg has played a tougher schedule than Raceland.. The only 2 teams Burg played that is worth anything (Laurel and Wayne) beat Wburg easily. Burg has absolutely 0 credible wins this season.. every team they have beaten is AWFUL. Raceland has lost two Ashland (7-3 4A) and Lawrence (7-3 3A) by a total of 4 points! The Lawrence County game, Raceland was without Beach (who is without a doubt the best player on this side of the state Class A) and their starting DT Isaac Wallace (freshman, extremely talented 6"1 305 pounds). Raceland lost to Ashland by 1 point, on 2 pt conversion in OT. Don't kid yourself, Williamsburg has not played anybody.
PHSForever Wrote:Your argument is invalid. It was the 12th game of the year for that line, they had plent of experience by that point. I don't have a dog in this fight, just pointing out the fact.

Its not invalid if most of the linemen where hurt and not able to play the whole game and I can think of 3 I believe but maybe less
Hazard really just wasn't the same team last year when Austin Johnson went down.
NoPicks Wrote:64 You are crazy if you think Wburg has played a tougher schedule than Raceland.. The only 2 teams Burg played that is worth anything (Laurel and Wayne) beat Wburg easily. Burg has absolutely 0 credible wins this season.. every team they have beaten is AWFUL. Raceland has lost two Ashland (7-3 4A) and Lawrence (7-3 3A) by a total of 4 points! The Lawrence County game, Raceland was without Beach (who is without a doubt the best player on this side of the state Class A) and their starting DT Isaac Wallace (freshman, extremely talented 6"1 305 pounds). Raceland lost to Ashland by 1 point, on 2 pt conversion in OT. Don't kid yourself, Williamsburg has not played anybody.

Hey no picker only thing Williamsburg has in common is Lawrence county beat racelands and pike county central beat Lawrence and Williamsburg beat pike county central with a running clock with 5 minute before halftime sense that game we have 4 new starter on defense then. Now who crazy no picker lol
NoPicks Wrote:64 You are crazy if you think Wburg has played a tougher schedule than Raceland.. The only 2 teams Burg played that is worth anything (Laurel and Wayne) beat Wburg easily. Burg has absolutely 0 credible wins this season.. every team they have beaten is AWFUL. Raceland has lost two Ashland (7-3 4A) and Lawrence (7-3 3A) by a total of 4 points! The Lawrence County game, Raceland was without Beach (who is without a doubt the best player on this side of the state Class A) and their starting DT Isaac Wallace (freshman, extremely talented 6"1 305 pounds). Raceland lost to Ashland by 1 point, on 2 pt conversion in OT. Don't kid yourself, Williamsburg has not played anybody.

Wow Ashland and Lawrence what other big school did you all play I must have miss something No pick
No pick pikeville will beat race lands Williamsburg is not your problem yet lol
bac2369 Wrote:Its not invalid if most of the linemen where hurt and not able to play the whole game and I can think of 3 I believe but maybe less
Well Playing that tough schedule give the bulldogs there 2nd victory against solid competition. Hazard was composed the whole game and never paniced.. I state if Williamsburg was to win this game they would have to have less than 2 turnovers and they had 4,, 3INTs and 1 turnover on down. Hazard had one on a turn over on down that the spot was debatable but the bulldogs stayed composed and played on.. If Williamsburg schedule was just a little tougher they may of been prepared for a game like this. Skyler Griffin though made big time catches and so did everyone else they took shots too as they caught the ball.. So a hard schedule helped hazard to this victory as they were prepared and mentally ready for a game of this magnitude..
Do you remember making this comment after last years game? Composure in the heat of a hard fought playoff game is hardly the Mark of an inexperienced line or team. Williamsburg came ready to play that night. Yes, Johnson was out for Hazard, but had been for a couple games or so by then, if I remember correctly? Either way, Hazard won, I give them credit. But you simply have to give Williamsburg their due credit as well, not just blaming it on an inexperienced line. Good luck to all teams, stay injury free and leave it all on the field.