Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Rank 1a teams chances of winning state this year.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Alright, since I can't come up with a full 10 games for 1a this week, I thought we could try something different. I am going to ask that everyone rank the teams in 1a that they think could win state this year in the order they think they should go. Rank only 10 and start with 1 being the team you think has the best chance of winning state and 10 being the team you think has the least chance of the ten to win it. Try to remember this is a ranking and you are trying to look the best in the end, so don't do it just because you are partial to a certain team.
I will start and here is my top ten chances in order:

1) Mayfield, I have good reason to feel this team is focused & ready now.
2) Russellville, The key for this team is can they get past Mayfield at home.
3) Beechwood, This team has been there enough to be real scary.
4) Raceland, The question is can they beat a team from the west?
5) Frankfort, 2 fold question here, can they beat Bwood and then Mfield/Rville
winner this year?
6) Pikeville, can they take care of Raceland 2 years in a row?
7) Hazard, they hold the edge over Wburg in their region.
8) Williamsburg, a laundry list of questions. Can they beat Hazard? Can they beat the Raceland/Pikeville winner? Then, can they beat the west winner?
9) Bellevue, they gotta beat Frankfort, then Bwood, then Mayfield/Rville winner.
10) Paintsville, they gotta beat several teams that have already beaten them. The question could come down to whether or not they have their big back coming back to the game in time.
1) Mayfield-Winning the State Championship
2) 31 way tie for runner up
Does that mean Fulton and Fulton Co could be tied for second?
Westside:
1. Mayfield: their best chance at getting beaten is by Russellville. If they get the right weather though(dry), then theres no hope in them not making the semis.

2. Russellville...read above post for my insight on them.

3. Frankfort: My darkhorse since the season began. The dirt thirty find ways to win and their convinsing defeat of Danville, has turned some heads. I dont think Beechwood beats them this year.

4. Beechwood: Run game is very inconsistent and so is their defense. But their history of having "subpar" teams manage to still win championships makes them hard to completely count out.

East Side:
1. Raceland: i have said all year they have to prove to me they can win big games. Yea, they lost two games they should have won, one was without Beech and the other, they werenot prepared for Ashland to have any other weapons to run the ball. They are 6 points from being undefeated. Their defense is clicking on all cylinders and can score off special teams. They have two of the best corners in Class A. Their safety's r fast and tall. Their oline and dlineman r huge and mobile. Idk if Pikeville can manage to beat Raceland at Raceland this year. Raceland can score 4 or 5 tds in a quarter, or they can just ground and pound and geind out the clock. Thats why they are the favorite in the east imo.

2. Pikeville: Historically able to go the distance. A great RB in Hall, solid wb who makes good decisions and a prolific WR/DB in Estep. They can score in bunches both on the ground and through the air, defensively, or on special teams. Their defense though, has given up points at times and that is why they r my number 2. If Raceland gets a 2 td lead and begins to play ball control, the Panthers wont be able to win o the road.

3. Hazard: Very balanced. Cant really stack the box on them bc of Hudson and Morgan. Jones is a bruiser but has a knack for fumbling the ball. Wouldnt shock me to see them knock Raceland or Pikeville off if thu beat Wburg though. Hard to win in Hazard in late november.

4. Williamsburg: Potent potent potent passing attack. But their only real rushing threat is the qb. The three teams above them in the east should be able to rush 5 or 6 and play nickel or dime and maintain the pass. Especially Raceland and Pikeville. They have the speed to keep up with the WRs. Their defense isnt nearly as strong as the other three's offense, imo.

No disrespect, but these r the only true contenders to atleast PLAY in BG.

And before 64 starts serving people, i hope and pray to see at the least, Frankfort, Raceland, Williamsburg in the semis. Would love to see these teams get over the hump.
2 31's, 2 #2's, 2 #3's and 2 #4's. No one #5 thru #10. What's up here?
I dont think anyone outside of MF, BW, Frankfort, Raceland, Pkville, Hazard, or Wburg can win past the 2nd rnd.
It's hard to believe that in less than 5 weeks it will all be over again.
Mayfield Raceland pikeville beechwood. No one else matters.
Unless several players for whatever reason is unable to play , Mayfield already has it wrapped up this yr , & the east is just playing for the honor to play in Bowling Green. Since im from the east , i of course hope im wrong , & the east can pull off the victory . No disrespect intended towards anyone .
Confusedmoke:Ranking 1A teams after Championship game.

1. Williamsburg-This teams has been together for 3yrs.Should have went to the state lastyear.All games are at home in playoff 64sur crow taste pretty bad last year.
2.Mayfield-Because mysonis55 said so.
3.Beechwood-tradictions
4.Pikeville-High power offense,no defense to stop williamsburg
5.Russellville-kant beat mayfield
6.Raceland-williamsburg play a tougher schedule than Raceland
7.Hazard-Will not beat williamsburg this year 64sur
8.Frankfort-I give them credit for a good seasons
9.Painstville-Surprise team in the the east ( shock the east p'ville )
10.Bellevue-Have know ideal

:wenumber1 I Guess
If hazard beats Williamsburg then the state semi will be at hazard and mark Dixon has never lost a home playoff game..
64, you need professional help. I'm not qualified.
mysonis55 Wrote:64, you need professional help. I'm not qualified.

:notbad: Do you want everybody to come on here an pick mayfield mysonis55 :dontthink :dontthink Why would anybody get on here an not pick there On team :welcome: To Williamsburg
I pick Beechwood as an outsider and Pikeville from the East.
ballboy Wrote:I pick Beechwood as an outsider and Pikeville from the East.

Ballboy don't give up on your home team Hazard come to Williamsburg you're. :welcome: or do you need a booth to sits in to stay warm.We have a small booth.or stay home an watch it on tv :biglmao:
No 64, I just want you to pay attention to the rules listed above. I said don't pick just to pick your team so you can attempt to have the better picks. No one outside Williamsburg would even pick the Jackets to win their region and here you got them winning 2 more games. I just ask that you post like you have some football knowledge at least.
I just can't hardly catch my breath for laughing at that pick.
Another thing, Raceland has the toughest schedule out of the east this year. Check their opponents vs Wburg's by use of any polls or lit ratings and you will see. I don't understand how you could think of making the post where you proclaimed that Wburg's schedule was tougher.
Don't get upset mysonis55. I had Mayfield second
:yawn::Thumbs::yum::biggrin::rockon::ChairHit::thanks::eyeroll::popcorn::devilflam:notworthy:popcorn::HitWall:Confusedinglepar:Clap:Wait a minute 64 I will throw in a few icons so you can understand what I am saying.:igiveup::Sad04:TongueirateSho:flame::Clap::lame::biglmao::CheerleadConfusednicker::biglmao:Confusedinglepar:ChairHit::notworthy:insane:
mysonis55 Wrote:Another thing, Raceland has the toughest schedule out of the east this year. Check their opponents vs Wburg's by use of any polls or lit ratings and you will see. I don't understand how you could think of making the post where you proclaimed that Wburg's schedule was tougher.

I don't believe in poll's I sure hope you don't mysonisLIT'S55
mysonis55 Wrote::yawn::Thumbs::yum::biggrin::rockon::ChairHit::thanks::eyeroll::popcorn::devilflam:notworthy:popcorn::HitWall:Confusedinglepar:Clap:Wait a minute 64 I will throw in a few icons so you can understand what I am saying.:igiveup::Sad04:TongueirateSho:flame::Clap::lame::biglmao::CheerleadConfusednicker::biglmao:Confusedinglepar:ChairHit::notworthy:insane:
To many icon APpolls55
Maybe you will understand this. The east semifinal game will be Raceland @ Hazard. Is that simple enough English. Going to remind you of that until your team proves otherwise.
mysonis55 Wrote:No 64, I just want you to pay attention to the rules listed above. I said don't pick just to pick your team so you can attempt to have the better picks. No one outside Williamsburg would even pick the Jackets to win their region and here you got them winning 2 more games. I just ask that you post like you have some football knowledge at least.

I live in Laurel county 55
mysonis55 Wrote:Maybe you will understand this. The east semifinal game will be Raceland @ Hazard. Is that simple enough English. Going to remind you of that until your team proves otherwise.

No it's the other way around am going to remind you LOL
Do you remember the same things being said last year? I tried to save you from a coronary and you didn't listen then. I guess I shouldn't expect any different now.
Crow is ALWAYS in season for HS Fiotball fans. Especially Nov 15-Dec 10th lol
mysonis55 Wrote:I just can't hardly catch my breath for laughing at that pick.

He can call them as he sees them. I personally don't agree with much of what he says, but he's entitled to his opinion nonetheless.

There's no difference IMO in 64SUR picking Williamsburg to make a run than your homer opinions on Henderson or McCracken having a snowballs chance to make a fart's noise in 6A.
^MYcracken Co will suprise some ppl
Maybe in a few years. I have a hard time believing that a team that lost to PT and Mayfield doesn't have a running clock put on them in the first half if they play a true contender in 6A. I'm not saying they won't get there, but its not happening this year.
Pages: 1 2 3