Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin 63 Bell Co. 60
Same ref who called the Harlan Co vs Corbin game and the same little fella that called the Bell Co vs Corbin game.
bball lover Wrote:Same ref who called the Harlan Co vs Corbin game and the same little fella that called the Bell Co vs Corbin game.

Small world Confusednicker:
The free throw call was correct. The same exact play happened today in the Madison Central/Holmes game and they gave the kid two more free throws. So please know the rules before you criticize someone.
upintheair Wrote:The free throw call was correct. The same exact play happened today in the Madison Central/Holmes game and they gave the kid two more free throws. So please know the rules before you criticize someone.

No you are wrong you need to look up the rule about the disqualified player.

What happened in host game wasn't the same thing.
What was different? The horn was sounding in both cases. A player is allowed to shot a free throw with out distractions. The horn sounding is why they award the free throw.
alleycat53 Wrote:Don't cut yourself short, 13th refs are pretty bad, we had them calling the 15th...smh

You must have been drinking during the regional tournament. 13th official was in the 14th region this year!
upintheair Wrote:What was different? The horn was sounding in both cases. A player is allowed to shot a free throw with out distractions. The horn sounding is why they award the free throw.
The horn was not sounding during the first shot! After the shot the horn sounded and was told by the book keeper. The official missed the call and everyone in the gym was confused about what was happening. Bell coach should have said something or question the ruling,
Would it have made a difference
redstorm Wrote:The horn was not sounding during the first shot! After the shot the horn sounded and was told by the book keeper. The official missed the call and everyone in the gym was confused about what was happening. Bell coach should have said something or question the ruling,

Exactly!

Warthog Wrote:Would it have made a difference

Yes it would it would have been at least a 2 point game instead of 3.
Bell had to shoot a 3 instead of going for a 2.
^ just asking
maybe but to run a box and chaser on maci and not have a foul lol u rkidding right!!!
i feel sorry for the 14th region with those refs:Thumbs:
The 13th officials are horrible.
upintheair Wrote:What was different? The horn was sounding in both cases. A player is allowed to shot a free throw with out distractions. The horn sounding is why they award the free throw.

no i beg to differ the horn did not sound the ref just blew it i bet he wouldnt have waived the foul shot of if she had made it
BobcatForever Wrote:no i beg to differ the horn did not sound the ref just blew it i bet he wouldnt have waived the foul shot of if she had made it

Prob not
I look at it this way. I was at the game but had friends that listened to the game on the radio which is out of corbin, when they say We wont Corbin to win, but they are calling bogus calls against Bell it makes you step back and look at the BIG PICTURE!!!! I am not taking nothing away from Corbin girls they played a good game, but they were not the better TEAM WALKING OFF THE COURT THAT NIGHT NO MATTER WHAT THE SCORE BOARD SAID. The call at the end when he awarded her the extra free throw was the wrong call, ask any ref or better yet ask the KHSAA when they officals finally figured out what was going on and the first free throw was shot it was a dead ball also when the 5th foul was called the offical book keeper was yelling at the refs telling them she had committed the 5th foul no horn was sounded during this time which should have been as soon as the book keeper said that is 5 that is the clock keepers fault, but the ref was gonna give her that no matter what went on. Now Corbin plays Shelby Valley is this same ref gonna ref that game, if so I hope he will make better decisions than what he did at the BELL vs Corbin game.
BobcatForever Wrote:I look at it this way. I was at the game but had friends that listened to the game on the radio which is out of corbin, when they say We wont Corbin to win, but they are calling bogus calls against Bell it makes you step back and look at the BIG PICTURE!!!! I am not taking nothing away from Corbin girls they played a good game, but they were not the better TEAM WALKING OFF THE COURT THAT NIGHT NO MATTER WHAT THE SCORE BOARD SAID. The call at the end when he awarded her the extra free throw was the wrong call, ask any ref or better yet ask the KHSAA when they officals finally figured out what was going on and the first free throw was shot it was a dead ball also when the 5th foul was called the offical book keeper was yelling at the refs telling them she had committed the 5th foul no horn was sounded during this time which should have been as soon as the book keeper said that is 5 that is the clock keepers fault, but the ref was gonna give her that no matter what went on. Now Corbin plays Shelby Valley is this same ref gonna ref that game, if so I hope he will make better decisions than what he did at the BELL vs Corbin game.

I listened to this game on the Corbin radio station as well and obviously your friends must have been listening to a different game or a different station.:eyeroll:
Corbin beat top 10 ranked Louisville Assumption on the road by 10 and took 11th region champ Madison Central to the wire on the road before losing by 3. I suppose the officials traveled with Corbin on these road trips.

You do realize how it comes across when people cry everytime they lose to Corbin. Odd that you don't see Corbin making excuses when they lose....
BobcatForever Wrote:I look at it this way. I was at the game but had friends that listened to the game on the radio which is out of corbin, when they say We wont Corbin to win, but they are calling bogus calls against Bell it makes you step back and look at the BIG PICTURE!!!! I am not taking nothing away from Corbin girls they played a good game, but they were not the better TEAM WALKING OFF THE COURT THAT NIGHT NO MATTER WHAT THE SCORE BOARD SAID. The call at the end when he awarded her the extra free throw was the wrong call, ask any ref or better yet ask the KHSAA when they officals finally figured out what was going on and the first free throw was shot it was a dead ball also when the 5th foul was called the offical book keeper was yelling at the refs telling them she had committed the 5th foul no horn was sounded during this time which should have been as soon as the book keeper said that is 5 that is the clock keepers fault, but the ref was gonna give her that no matter what went on. Now Corbin plays Shelby Valley is this same ref gonna ref that game, if so I hope he will make better decisions than what he did at the BELL vs Corbin game.

Funny, thats the same thing Whitley said after losing to Bell that night, but thats why you play the game. The only thing that matters is what the scoreboard says at the end of the game.

Bell very well could have been the better team, but Bell was clearly outcoached, and Bell obviously wasnt ready for what Parsons threw at them that night on defense.

Bell returns virtually everybody, id be looking forward to next year if i were you and quit worrying about this year.