Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin 63 Bell Co. 60
13th Region final
I am going to say it one more time. Jennifer Parsons is the best coach in the 13th region. Congrats to Lady Hounds.
Corbin vs Shelby valley
Heard Morris was in foul trouble......only way I could figure Corbin winning was to get her out of the game. I didn't think it would happen....Oh well, that's why they play the games....Congrats Lady Redhounds!!! Represent the 50th District and 13th Region well in the Sweet 16!!
Congrats Corbin!
I don't care what anybody says but it was GREAT to have the regional tournament back in the high school gym. Two very exciting championship games. It was more exciting than the arena. The fans where more into it and closer to the action. BUT, we will go back to the arena and get our telescopes back out to see the games. It was nice while it lasted. I am so pround of Harlan County High School for pulling off a GREAT tournament!!!! Congrats to Clay boys and Corbin girls.
Corbin came out in a diamond and one, which frustrated Bell Co. and helped Corbin jump out to an 8 point lead after the first quarter. Bell Co. got it down to 1 point with less than 20 seconds to go, but could not get over the hump.

Congrats to Bell Co. on a great season and a heck of an effort tonight in the last few minutes.
Congrats to Corbin!!! But got to say that the 13th region doesnt have the worst refs in high school:Thumbs:
What a crazy year.
I will admit i was completely wrong in this one.
I will agree that Parsons is the best coach in the region right now.

Congrats Corbin. They reall came out of nowhere this year.
BobcatForever Wrote:Congrats to Corbin!!! But got to say that the 13th region doesnt have the worst refs in high school:Thumbs:

I feel better about them, too!!
Confusednicker:

Out of the ten (?) officials that I saw, there was one guy who knew what he was doing...and he was really great! Too bad he couldn't handle all the games alone!!

Whitley tried the chaser on Macy too, but got NO help on defense whenever she'd drive to the basket. She probably scored 50 on them, and I'd bet 48 of them was free throws!!
Congrats to Corbin, good luck at state.
BobcatForever Wrote:Congrats to Corbin!!! But got to say that the 13th region doesnt have the worst refs in high school:Thumbs:

:Thumbs:
Corbin was the better team tonight. Morris still best player in 13th region. Hands down.
Granny Bear Wrote:I feel better about them, too!!
Confusednicker:

Out of the ten (?) officials that I saw, there was one guy who knew what he was doing...and he was really great! Too bad he couldn't handle all the games alone!!

Whitley tried the chaser on Macy too, but got NO help on defense whenever she'd drive to the basket. She probably scored 50 on them, and I'd bet 48 of them was free throws!!

If im not mistaken, Morris had 34 points against Whitley, and half of them were free throws.
As a team, Bell shot something like 23-26 from the free throw line against Whitley lol.
Can someone explain to me what the heck happened at the end of the game with the extra free throws? It change the ending of the game. Bell could have drove to the basket on the last shot instead of having to shoot a three.
It was the fifth foul on the Bell County girl. You can't shoot the free throw until she is replaced. Ref handed the ball to Corbin girl and she shot it before substitution. Make or miss the shot would not have counted.
E's Army Wrote:It was the fifth foul on the Bell County girl. You can't shoot the free throw until she is replaced. Ref handed the ball to Corbin girl and she shot it before substitution. Make or miss the shot would not have counted.

Wrong. You need to see the rule. It is a mistake or the scorebook and you just replace the player and go on. She should have not got an extra free throw. The player that fouled out could have been in the game for minutes and nothing could have happened as long as it wasn't done intentional. Then it would have been a technical.
Amped 88 Wrote:Wrong. You need to see the rule. It is a mistake or the scorebook and you just replace the player and go on. She should have not got an extra free throw. The player that fouled out could have been in the game for minutes and nothing could have happened as long as it wasn't done intentional. Then it would have been a technical.

Absolutely correct Amped88! The surprising thing about this is that these officials are supposed to be the Top 3 in the tournament. One of them is going to the State Tournament, yet none of them knew the correct ruling. That's scary if you ask me! Furthermore, it's very fishy to me that everyone Corbin played in this tournament, the opponent's best player was in major foul trouble from the opening tip.

Know the rules guys, geez.
You are correct Amped 88, that was a huge mistake by the officials. I would hope that the 13th would not make that mistake. I think that the 13th region officials are as good as there is in the state. The 13th top 12 or 15 officials.
redstorm Wrote:You are correct Amped 88, that was a huge mistake by the officials. I would hope that the 13th would not make that mistake. I think that the 13th region officials are as good as there is in the state. The 13th top 12 or 15 officials.

I agree with you redstorm. I think that most Middle School officialswould have gotten that. The 13th is a heck of a lot better than what I say all last week at Harlan Co.
they could have called macy's 5th foul at least twice and held off. i agree,jennifer parsons is the best coach ive seen.
UKFan8 Wrote:Absolutely correct Amped88! The surprising thing about this is that these officials are supposed to be the Top 3 in the tournament. One of them is going to the State Tournament, yet none of them knew the correct ruling. That's scary if you ask me! Furthermore, it's very fishy to me that everyone Corbin played in this tournament, the opponent's best player was in major foul trouble from the opening tip.

Know the rules guys, geez.

Every official in every sport favors Corbin, not only the 13th region officials, but also the officials from other regions. It's a conspiracy and everyone is in on it.:igiveup:
big blu 2 u Wrote:they could have called macy's 5th foul at least twice and held off. i agree,jennifer parsons is the best coach ive seen.

They could have called a lot more fouls on both teams Macy got killed several times around the basket that was never called. And that were called on the other end. That is not what beat Bell at all Corbin and Coach Parson had a excellent game plan and took Bell out of their game.
big blu 2 u Wrote:they could have called macy's 5th foul at least twice and held off. i agree,jennifer parsons is the best coach ive seen.

Parsons does more with less than most coaches are capable of. She gets them to play for the team and none of the girls on this team care who scores the points or who gets the glory. They just want to win.

She also tries to force the best player on the other team to have to play defense, which has a twofold purpose. One is to make them tired, and the other is to get them into foul trouble.

Don't cut yourself short, 13th refs are pretty bad, we had them calling the 15th...smh
All refs suck
redstorm Wrote:You are correct Amped 88, that was a huge mistake by the officials. I would hope that the 13th would not make that mistake. I think that the 13th region officials are as good as there is in the state. The 13th top 12 or 15 officials.

I wondered at the time. I was at the table when the official told coach Teague that was the "rule" when he asked before the girl got to shoot the free throw again.
HDE Wrote:I wondered at the time. I was at the table when the official told coach Teague that was the "rule" when he asked before the girl got to shoot the free throw again.

What I hate HDE is that he never really got with his other officials to make sure that it was the right rule. He had his mind made up before he got to the table he was all ready signaling 2 shots.
Always refreshing to see that particular ref partying it up at the at the Boys Sweet 16 Tournament with the parent of a Corbin player who is also a ref.
bball lover Wrote:Always refreshing to see that particular ref partying it up at the at the Boys Sweet 16 Tournament with the parent of a Corbin player who is also a ref.

Obvious who parent ref is. Other could be any of 10.Confusedhh: