Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 41 Breathitt County 20
Great year Bobcat 12 and 1 but still cant beat Belfry lol
Thought it'd be a better game than this. But I guess that's why Belfry is Belfry.
Crossbones Wrote:EKU, you need to put the turkey back on the plate for ole Hulk.Confusednicker:

I thought about it, but hulk is usually a good sport about it and I am sure he will eat his own crow and no need for me to throw salt in the wound. The score in this one does all the smack talking needed, no need to pile on at this point.
Now that my laptop is functional, a few more points I want to make after digesting the game:

- How about Mr. Hatfield? I know the kid is a SOPH, but I think it is only appropriate we refer to him as "Mr." after that performance. Kid turned into a man last night toting the rock.
- I am going to have to pat myself on the back. I called Sani Warren not only being a key factor on both sides of the ball... but I just knew Haywood was saving that run off tackle after going through progressions for tonight. He did the same thing two years ago with Williams. After not really being a running threat all year, against Somerset he became a gamebreaker out of nowhere. Those runs by Sani were HUGE! Not only did they put up points and give Belfry momentum after the 1st Qtr... it single handily opened the entire Bobcat defense. The pass didnt hurt either,but in the 2nd Half you could tell the Bobcats desperately looked to change their defense to account for Warren and then Hatfield went beast mode.
-I want to give some love to a very overlooked Pirate player who has elevated his game. Josh Robinson does not get the credit he deserves. This kid is not the feature back on offense, but he has became a much tougher runner and has a nack for getting key plays in the redzone and breaking tackles. He is a sensational blocker out of the backfield and never takes plays off. Defensively he has turned into an excellent DB and I can't count the number of key INT's he has made. Lost in the offensive explosion was his INT in the endzone where he absolutely baited Trent. Breathitt scores that drive and they are still in the game with confidence. Hats off to Robinson.
- Have to love the Belfry OL. 425 yards of offense and 6 TD's in 8 posessions (had they not taken a knee I have no doubt those numbers would be higher).
- Belfry's depth played a huge factor IMO. Too many two way players playing all game for Breathitt. You could tell they were spent in the 2nd Half on defense and Belfry was not going to be stopped. I also can't help but think the lack of 2nd Half playing time this season for Breathitt played a part in this.
- Belfry employed Muhammad Ali's Rope-A-Dope tactic defensively. They started by rushing 3 and dropping everyone in coverage. Once Breathitt got comfortable and a bit fatigued, they started applying pressure more and more until every play resulted in Trent having to run 30 yards just to avoid a sack. Breathitt completely abandoned their run game for a spell and the Pirates got Trent to throw off his back foot or when his feet were not set resulting in lots of incompletions and interceptions. I am sure Coaches from Somerset, Hazard, and Morgan County are saying "Man...why didn't we think of that?"

In the update thread MtnHSFootballFan said "I guess the referrees indeed made superman tuck in his cape". I responded with "Superman is still there... Belfry just has taken away his phone booth and forced him to stay in the form of Clark Kent". Belfry let Trent do his thing, but they took away the things he does best (deep ball, designed runs, breaking contain when everyone drops). If Trent was going to hurt them it was going to have to be in small doses and require a ton of energy from their entire team.

Now on to the Semi Finals. Belfry's 9th Semi-Finals appearance in 10 years that is.

All I can say is the Big Red better not unbuckle those chin straps just yet. This Bourbon County team is scary!
That was Carr who laid the wood on that 2 PT. conversion. I like watching him a halfback, seems like he is more comfortable there and makes things happen! I also have to give credit to A. Hatfield and S. Warren great game! The O line dominated and the DB's came to play! Excited for next week!! Lets Go BIG Red!!
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Now that my laptop is functional, a few more points I want to make after digesting the game:

- How about Mr. Hatfield? I know the kid is a SOPH, but I think it is only appropriate we refer to him as "Mr." after that performance. Kid turned into a man last night toting the rock.
- I am going to have to pat myself on the back. I called Sani Warren not only being a key factor on both sides of the ball... but I just knew Haywood was saving that run off tackle after going through progressions for tonight. He did the same thing two years ago with Williams. After not really being a running threat all year, against Somerset he became a gamebreaker out of nowhere. Those runs by Sani were HUGE! Not only did they put up points and give Belfry momentum after the 1st Qtr... it single handily opened the entire Bobcat defense. The pass didnt hurt either,but in the 2nd Half you could tell the Bobcats desperately looked to change their defense to account for Warren and then Hatfield went beast mode.
-I want to give some love to a very overlooked Pirate player who has elevated his game. Josh Robinson does not get the credit he deserves. This kid is not the feature back on offense, but he has became a much tougher runner and has a nack for getting key plays in the redzone and breaking tackles. He is a sensational blocker out of the backfield and never takes plays off. Defensively he has turned into an excellent DB and I can't count the number of key INT's he has made. Lost in the offensive explosion was his INT in the endzone where he absolutely baited Trent. Breathitt scores that drive and they are still in the game with confidence. Hats off to Robinson.
- Have to love the Belfry OL. 425 yards of offense and 6 TD's in 8 posessions (had they not taken a knee I have no doubt those numbers would be higher).
- Belfry's depth played a huge factor IMO. Too many two way players playing all game for Breathitt. You could tell they were spent in the 2nd Half on defense and Belfry was not going to be stopped. I also can't help but think the lack of 2nd Half playing time this season for Breathitt played a part in this.
- Belfry employed Muhammad Ali's Rope-A-Dope tactic defensively. They started by rushing 3 and dropping everyone in coverage. Once Breathitt got comfortable and a bit fatigued, they started applying pressure more and more until every play resulted in Trent having to run 30 yards just to avoid a sack. Breathitt completely abandoned their run game for a spell and the Pirates got Trent to throw off his back foot or when his feet were not set resulting in lots of incompletions and interceptions. I am sure Coaches from Somerset, Hazard, and Morgan County are saying "Man...why didn't we think of that?"

In the update thread MtnHSFootballFan said "I guess the referrees indeed made superman tuck in his cape". I responded with "Superman is still there... Belfry just has taken away his phone booth and forced him to stay in the form of Clark Kent". Belfry let Trent do his thing, but they took away the things he does best (deep ball, designed runs, breaking contain when everyone drops). If Trent was going to hurt them it was going to have to be in small doses and require a ton of energy from their entire team.

Now on to the Semi Finals. Belfry's 9th Semi-Finals appearance in 10 years that is.

All I can say is the Big Red better not unbuckle those chin straps just yet. This Bourbon County team is scary!

The last half of this post is why Phillip Haywood and staff are the best coaching staff certainly east of Lexington, and probably in the state.
well im very hurt that I didnt get my hot chocolate...but I am very happy that my Pirates showed up and played some ball last night....we really put the pressure on Clark Trent.....no more salt in the wound....I love you Hulk..........now on to the Bourbon Thread to see if any of their fans will wanna give a guy some hot chocolate
I must agree ith you EKU.Robinson has stepped up his game this year for sure!He has made big plays on both sides of the ball.Belfry D looked bad azz last night 3 big picks and the way the front seven contained Trent was great.:Thumbs:Warren has the offense in step and the O line got the backs to the second level easy.TongueirateSho
Pirate1991#8 Wrote:well im very hurt that I didnt get my hot chocolate...but I am very happy that my Pirates showed up and played some ball last night....we really put the pressure on Clark Trent.....no more salt in the wound....I love you Hulk..........now on to the Bourbon Thread to see if any of their fans will wanna give a guy some hot chocolate
Clark Trent :thatsfunn

That is awesome.
I tried to put in a petition where Trent can just play with us for the next few weeks. I'm sure we could find SOMEWHERE to use him.
Congrats to the Pirates. Would've been great see the Panthers and Pirates in BG. this season, but not for the Panthers this yr. Will be pulling for the Pirates to beat Bourbon next week, and on to BG.
Pirate1991#8 Wrote:well im very hurt that I didnt get my hot chocolate...but I am very happy that my Pirates showed up and played some ball last night....we really put the pressure on Clark Trent.....no more salt in the wound....I love you Hulk..........now on to the Bourbon Thread to see if any of their fans will wanna give a guy some hot chocolate

For the win...
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Now that my laptop is functional, a few more points I want to make after digesting the game:

In other words, Superman was not Clark Kent in the 1st quarter and someone made him tuck in his cape and go back to Clark Kent in the 2nd quarter and beyond. The reason I made the comment is because someone had made a comment about Superman's cape in the prediction thread on this game after all the posts praising Trent. I was referring to that post. Trent played a fantastic game overall.
so what happen tp R T 3 LAST NIGHT i thought they was the beast in the east The Bobcat was was a JOKE last night
I wouldn't say they were a joke, but I would say they were well under the level of the talent that Belfry played this year. Johnson Central, Ashland and IMO, Henry Clay would have handled them. From my perspective when a team with the same or mirrored talent as Breathitt has, they are beat.
Great ballgame to watch as a fan last night! From my perspective, Sani Warren was the first half spark we needed to get going when it seemed as if Breathitt was doing a great job containing the run up the gut! In the second half, after Johnson was out, Austin Hatfield came in, giving a completely new complexion to the backfield and truly getting the Belfry offense moving for some long, sustained drives!

The one thing that still concerns me is the number of mental errors I saw-- false starts, blocking below the waist, personal fouls, etc. While it is true that great teams usually find a way to win when the game is on the line, I would say that even a good team who capitalizes on a couple of those mental mistakes and penalties can send that great team home for the rest of the season! IMO, these things need to be eliminated for Belfry to continue and potentially win a state title!
Congrats Pirates!! And congrats to Breathitt County on a great season!
Looks as if Chapman's strategy to give the mighty bobcats an extra week to prepare by running the flexbone last week didn't turn out like planned as the pirates steamrolled through the so-called BEAST of the east. Looked like there was only one beast on that field last night and HIS name was Austin Hatfield! He rumbled and stumbled his way to 168 yards on only 16 carries. That's over 10 yards per carry! To me, it looked like the bobcats were more of the beauty than the beast last night.
Tough to harp on "mental mistakes" on Belfry's behalf when they had 0 turnovers.
PaytoPlay Wrote:Tough to harp on "mental mistakes" on Belfry's behalf when they had 0 turnovers.

Not harping, simply making an observation about an area that may need improvement when we play to beat the next challengers!

As much as I would love to be able to sit and say that the performance was perfect for the Pirates last night, we all know there are always areas of improvement!
we have know that a mental mistake can get you beat,like the game at Russell,i think in 05, they was down 20-0 at half come back had it at 20-14,with 2min to go,scored a td,but i think it was illegal motion brought it back and they lost...one mental mistake can cost you a game,even more so the harder the games get.
Looks like the bobcat faithful have laid down...
Reddog00 Wrote:Great year Bobcat 12 and 1 but still cant beat Belfry lol
Not this year. But John Paul Has NEVER & Will NEVER beat Holcomb. LOL He just ain't good enough. LOL
John Paul :worthy: Holcomb :1:

Reddog00 Wrote:so what happen tp R T 3 LAST NIGHT i thought they was the beast in the east The Bobcat was was a JOKE last night

Ballboy Banger you're not worthy enough to handle Richard Trent's balls, let alone speak Richard Trent's name. The only joke I see here is a 40yr old man talking smack on the interntet (cause he'd whip ur @$$ if u said it to his face) about a teenager who happens to be one of the best players in the state. When you, Banger, in high school couldn't play dead. So the joke's on u boy, only thing is it aint funny. It's just sad. Oh yeah, it looks like ur daddy JP won't be back at PCC, now's the time to apply for that ballboy job at belfry you always wanted!!!
One question for you bobcat fans. Do you guys agree with the type of defense that your team plays? I mean, I know some of you guys are saying. "Belfry still didn't impress me with their passing game, they always say they have a passing game this year"(Quote). I know thats what some of you guys are thinking, but why pass when you don't have to. The way Breathitt had their D-backs playing on our receivers(with their backs away from the action). All they was worried about was getting beat deep and not giving up a big pass. Our receivers easily took away part of your "D" by running a deep route, and then end up down field blocking blocking your guys 15 to 20 yards down the field. Henry Clay could have scored 70 points on this "D" last night. Haywood out coached your alls staff easily last night. Just the average fan could see why Belfry is better than Breathitt.
I saw this one coming, Belfry has played tough opponents all year and been competitive. Every game belfry has took care of business and I think they continue to do the same thing.....go pirates
Pirates2012 Wrote:One question for you bobcat fans. Do you guys agree with the type of defense that your team plays? I mean, I know some of you guys are saying. "Belfry still didn't impress me with their passing game, they always say they have a passing game this year"(Quote). I know thats what some of you guys are thinking, but why pass when you don't have to. The way Breathitt had their D-backs playing on our receivers(with their backs away from the action). All they was worried about was getting beat deep and not giving up a big pass. Our receivers easily took away part of your "D" by running a deep route, and then end up down field blocking blocking your guys 15 to 20 yards down the field. Henry Clay could have scored 70 points on this "D" last night. Haywood out coached your alls staff easily last night. Just the average fan could see why Belfry is better than Breathitt.

Belfry is better than Breathitt in 2012. Heard that it looked as if the Bobcats were simply not prepared and did not adjust when needed. The Bobcats were outclassed last night. RT was banged up from the game last week, but no excuse for the interceptions and the fumbles (that were called down). Bad game all-round for my Bobcats.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Trent was playing with a broken left hand. It doesn't matter regardless because the bobcats were outmatched and out coached. There is nothing more that can be said. Good luck pirates.
Cat Daddy Wrote:Trent was playing with a broken left hand. It doesn't matter regardless because the bobcats were outmatched and out coached. There is nothing more that can be said. Good luck pirates.

Will he have to have surgery on his hand or just a cast? I have broke my hand before and it is a painful thing. I wish the kid best of luck an hope it does not give him much trouble. I am dying to pounce all over the Breathitt faithful on this thread, but will try to refrain. Breathitt has always been one of those teams that you love to hate for me and I'm sure the same can be said about Belfry from some of you all. The game has been played an going home with a loss is tough enough. I have always dreaded the Breathitt game and looked foward to it at the same time. They are a team that can beat you bad one year and take a beating the next. I like the rivalry and hope to see it going. I do hope the kid is alright, because I have enjoyed watching him play the last two yeas, he is a gamer.:Thumbs:
What exactly happened to Justin Johnson?
Spud6 Wrote:What exactly happened to Justin Johnson?

He was running down sideline toward scoreboard end at about mid field and he and Trent lowered down at same time. Helmet to helmet, knocking him into sidelines. I'm not saying it was an illegal hit, the both just lowered at same time. It was right on sideline. Close to being out of bounds. Another concussion I believe. Sad to see. The kid has alot of heart and has taken alot of shots.