Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 41 Breathitt County 20
Belfry puts on a clinic and leaves no doubt. After running 3 plays for 0 yards in the entire 1st Quarter the Pirates steamroll Breathitt. Sani Warren with a huge game running for 100 yards, 3 TD, and throwing a 55 yard TD that broke the game open. SOPH Austin Hatfield goes off with 164 yards rushing and a TD all in the 2nd Half. Breathitt gets a late TD, but the Pirates left few questions.

One negative...Justin Johnson suffers another concussion and may be lost for the remainder of the playoffs.
Hats off to Richard Trent who did everything he could and never quit. Belfry had his number and had him limited and running for his life all night, but he refused to go down and showed the heart of a lion. Tip of my hat to that kid.... unbelievable HS player.
Good Luck next week Belfry against Bourbon. That should be a dandy
Congrats to the Pirates...lets get ready for next week.
Congratulations Pirates!!! Just a fantastic game after you got started.
Can't be any Coulda, Shoulda, Woulda coming from Jackson this year.
Is this another case where the harder schedule payed off for the pirates? Just like Hazard i believe the endurance for the tougher schedule pays off in the end.
Congrats Belfry.
Someone said Trent would be the best player on the field tonight,but all do respeact he was not.Belfry D was the best player on the field!Great job boys!The O line made some big blocks for the backs.Good luck against Bourbon go get that championship!:Thumbs:
Great game from both teams. Congrats to the Pirates you guys took away all the second guessing this time.
Standing Golf Clap to the Pirates!:Thumbs:
Thought this would be a little closer. Gotta love my Pirates. They showed what they are made of tonight. Congrats to the Bobcats on a great season and hope all makes it back to jackson safely. Can't wait to cheer on Belfry next week against Bourbon county.
Wow, i thought this game would be closer. Congrats Belfry on the win. Alright i might as well do this------> TongueirateSho
Great coaching job game plan was great. The D was amazing. Bring that hardware home to the mountains...
Hatfield was a man-child in the 2nd half. I for one like the look of Hatfield at FB with Carr and Taylor at the tailback slot. More north/south running with tht group, but their going to need Johnson back healthy in the next two weeks. He's a home run threat any school would love to have.

Can someone please elaborate on the hit Messer had on Carr's 2-point conversion? That was so nasty.
Great job Pirates. Total domination after 1st quarter. Game was never in doubt after that point. Trent is a gamer an excellent athlete, but after watching the game IMO he was not the best player on the field tonight. Austin Hatfield was! The kid could not be brought down by one player and never quit running. Sani Warren was as impressive at QB as Trent was and lead the offence like a field general should. This is not a knock to Trent, just my opinion. #10 for Breathitt has good hands and was impressive also. Is that the kid that went to Pike Central and then transferred back? Again, great job Pirates!!:Thumbs:
Leonidas Wrote:Hatfield was a man-child in the 2nd half. I for one like the look of Hatfield at FB with Carr and Taylor at the tailback slot. More north/south running with tht group, but their going to need Johnson back healthy in the next two weeks. He's a home run threat any school would love to have.

Can someone please elaborate on the hit Messer had on Carr's 2-point conversion? That was so nasty.
Messer showed why he is a D1 prospect tonight! That Belfry D showed how tough they are!:1:
What happened to the so called "Beast From The East"??????????????
Crossbones Wrote:Great job Pirates. Total domination after 1st quarter. Game was never in doubt after that point. Trent is a gamer an excellent athlete, but after watching the game IMO he was not the best player on the field tonight. Austin Hatfield was! The kid could not be brought down by one player and never quit running. Sani Warren was as impressive at QB as Trent was and lead the offence like a field general should. This is not a knock to Trent, just my opinion. #10 for Breathitt has good hands and was impressive also. Is that the kid that went to Pike Central and then transferred back? Again, great job Pirates!!:Thumbs:

Hatfield should have seen the ball alot more this season, he is special..kid hits the hole full steam everytime
Congrats belfry, you guys were no doubt the better team. Belfry dominated the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball and it proved to be the difference. I will be pulling for you guys to bring the gold back home to the mountains. Once again congrats on a well played game.
Yep 10 was Shouse and he made a couple of great catches and hits but he got lit up across the middle by Mullins. I thought it was Carr who ran over the DB on the 2 pt conversion, but it may have been Messer blocking, but I've never seen a kid get jolted back that far. Belfry brings a new meaning to the term physicality. Man they just pounded Breathitt!! Hats off to Trent, but Breathitt was wayyyyyyy too dependent on him. Warren made a statement regarding him being considered one of, if not, the best players on the field. The Hatfield boys, Austin and Hayden each left a big mark on the game. Hayden chased Trent all over the field and Austin ran wild the second half and big Barnes made one of the hardest hits of the night. Great adjustments throughout by the Belfry staff and too bad about Johnson, but Belfry will move on and the 22 they put out there next week will be tough to beat.
Belfry Freak Wrote:What happened to the so called "Beast From The East"??????????????
they won tonight,the guy that said that just had the wrong team,lol
btw congrats Pirates, i didnt get to listen to much of it,during 1st Quarter,i thought they might be in for a long night, but after that it was like they flipped the switch...
Breathitt never can overcome the hype of beating Belfry.

Congrats Belfry.
I want to say that the Belfry coaching staff done a great job tonight! They made the adjustments that needed to be made and executed their offense game plan. So they deserve to be congratulated on coaching a beautiful game. The team played a great game tonight because they came together as a team and got the job done. Coach Haywood and Co. had the boys focused and well prepared. Breathitt played hard and fought until the end and I wish them the best. Go Pirates!!!!!
EKU, you need to put the turkey back on the plate for ole Hulk.Confusednicker:
Cat Daddy Wrote:Congrats belfry, you guys were no doubt the better team. Belfry dominated the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball and it proved to be the difference. I will be pulling for you guys to bring the gold back home to the mountains. Once again congrats on a well played game.

Classy post.
Belfry layed a little smackdown on the hulks team.You can't tell me that your alls schedule was tougher than ours. The bob kittens would have been 7-3, with our schedule. I'd rather have a "team" any day, than the best player. Congrats on a great season.
Cat Daddy Wrote:Congrats belfry, you guys were no doubt the better team. Belfry dominated the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball and it proved to be the difference. I will be pulling for you guys to bring the gold back home to the mountains. Once again congrats on a well played game.

Good Post!!:Thumbs:
Crossbones Wrote:Great job Pirates. Total domination after 1st quarter. Game was never in doubt after that point. Trent is a gamer an excellent athlete, but after watching the game IMO he was not the best player on the field tonight. Austin Hatfield was! The kid could not be brought down by one player and never quit running. Sani Warren was as impressive at QB as Trent was and lead the offence like a field general should. This is not a knock to Trent, just my opinion. #10 for Breathitt has good hands and was impressive also. Is that the kid that went to Pike Central and then transferred back? Again, great job Pirates!!:Thumbs:

Congrats and I said it won't be as close as last year but even I thought it would be a little closer then this!Confusednicker:
BC was out coached simple as that. It easy to second guess from the stands but i thought that if BC would have ran the ball a little bit more before belfry adjusted and started bringing some pressure they might have moved the ball a lil better in the second quarter but they have a great coach who knows his team better than me i just thought they were too one dementional . I think they had two ints and a missed opportunity to open the game that sealed the fate of the bobcats. BHS has a special team thats for sure. I like them offensively better with hatfield on the field. hopefully they can win one and Haywood will go out on top. hahaha