Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Paterno statue to be taken down?
Statue or not. You can't say Penn State and not think of JoePa. His name is permanent there.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
wildcats fan Wrote:The media needs to drop it and leave it alone it is getting so ignoring.... DROP IT NOW

It is only going to get worse as the NCAA is getting ready to drop the hammer. Ignoring and dropping investigations is what got Penn State in trouble to begin with. This story is newsworthy, continues to be newsworthy, and will continue to be newsworthy. The sacred town of State College and the great state of Pennsylvania has ignored one of their coaches sexually violating numerous victims for years . Now they are going to get sexually violated by the NCAA. Karma is a bitch. For all the people getting ANNOYED hearing this drama pan out and feel like JoePa was a scapegoat, TOUGH SHIT, as it is only going to get worse.
OffTheHook Wrote:Statue or not. You can't say Penn State and not think of JoePa. His name is permanent there.

Now you can't say the name of Penn State and not think of child molestation.
^I agree. Hell they could take down the entire stadium and it wouldn't solve anything.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
They should never had a statue of him to begin with. Statues are for great and very important people. He was just a coach of a game and its nothing more. The whole thing this whole time was just silly. To many people wanting to make this all about football rather than the 10 kids and the fact that this crime was committed.
^ "for great and very important people" ...................Who in your mind deserves a statue?
nky Wrote:^ "for great and very important people" ...................Who in your mind deserves a statue?
For our founding fathers and good presidents(not Obama lol) and people who make this country what it is today. Most of all for the father above all of us!
Do-double-gg Wrote:They should never had a statue of him to begin with. Statues are for great and very important people. He was just a coach of a game and its nothing more. The whole thing this whole time was just silly. To many people wanting to make this all about football rather than the 10 kids and the fact that this crime was committed.

If this same stuff went down in a small school that people never even knew about and with a no name coach would we be talking about this same stuff. This was a high profile team and coach.
The hammer has now been dropped. Penn State still has football, but they will be lucky to compete with Morehead.
Well the statue is gone and apparenlty so is many of Paterno's wins which knocks him out of being the winningest coach in College Football.
[Image: http://www.euroclubschools.co.uk/USERIMA...statue.jpg]
And if you have room I like this one of me! lol
Do-double-gg Wrote:If this same stuff went down in a small school that people never even knew about and with a no name coach would we be talking about this same stuff. This was a high profile team and coach.
[Image: http://www.inquisitr.com/wp-content/barack-obama.jpg]

This would be a good one for Obama. Just put it in the front lawn of the white house lol
Boom!

They gave them the death penalty without actually giving it to them....
Do-double-gg Wrote:For our founding fathers and good presidents(not Obama lol) and people who make this country what it is today. Most of all for the father above all of us!

You mean the ones that owned slaves? or the ones that slept with their slaves? or the ones that killed Native Americans?
MustangSally Wrote:You mean the ones that owned slaves? or the ones that slept with their slaves? or the ones that killed Native Americans?

No the ones who made this country what it is and who fight for this country and who if they did not do what they did me and you probably would not be here to talk about this and America would not be. All that stuff that went on is in the past and me or you either one cant do anything about it. I would say that very few people in the day all that stuff went on were guilt free. Would you like to take down the statue of Abraham Lincoln or Mt Rushmore. Do you want to take down all the statues of God and Jesus and Mary while we are at it???:dontthink
MustangSally Wrote:You mean the ones that owned slaves? or the ones that slept with their slaves? or the ones that killed Native Americans?
People like you are part of the reason why this country cant just move on. You dwell in the past to much. You focus on the negative rather then the positive. This country is not perfect and has some things from the past that me and most people are not proud of but I dare you to find a country that don't. I don't know about you but I love being an american and I think its the best country going. It is ok to remember the past and learn from it but just remember,learn and then move on.
Do-double-gg Wrote:People like you are part of the reason why this country cant just move on. You dwell in the past to much. You focus on the negative rather then the positive. This country is not perfect and has some things from the past that me and most people are not proud of but I dare you to find a country that don't. I don't know about you but I love being an american and I think its the best country going. It is ok to remember the past and learn from it but just remember,learn and then move on.

like joe paterno, he did one horrific thing that shadows over the millions of things he did right. but instead of learning from his failures and moving on, we keep screaming at a dead man

i wanted penn state to take down his statue not because of what joepa did, or in this case, failed to do, but it was becoming too easy for the wrong people to blame paterno (psu admins) and they needed to expose themselves
toussaints Wrote:like joe paterno, he did one horrific thing that shadows over the millions of things he did right. but instead of learning from his failures and moving on, we keep screaming at a dead man

i wanted penn state to take down his statue not because of what joepa did, or in this case, failed to do, but it was becoming too easy for the wrong people to blame paterno (psu admins) and they needed to expose themselves

I could not have said it any better toussaints:Thumbs:

Definitely the ones that killed Native Americans.

Its not politically correct to talk about slavery Confusednicker: