Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Betsy layne wins UPIKE 7 on 7
Didn't Pikeville lose twice to Paintsville?
Backwoods Wrote:Congrats to BL on thier win in the 7 on 7 tourney. Also,congrats on beating Pikeville twice. I wonder if,- Maynard,this could be an indicator of the type of offensive scheme the Panther's will rely on this season? But anyway,way to go BL.

My mistake. It was Paintsville not Betsy Layne that was reported to have beaten Pikeville twice. Congrats to the boy's in blue.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pburg is hosting on Wednesday,I know they are going to Montgomery Co. Saturday and BL Teusday..I dont know what teams will at Pburg on Wednesday..
bearcat88 Wrote:Pburg is hosting on Wednesday,I know they are going to Montgomery Co. Saturday and BL Teusday..I dont know what teams will at Pburg on Wednesday..

Thanks for the info. Figures i will be out of town then & will miss it to. :HitWall:
7 on 7 is almost pointless. Pikeville will be better than Paintsville in a regular game. Prestonsburg will be better than both SV and BL in a real game and Johnson Central will be the best team out of all of them. Who cares about the team from Ohio? I am not a big fan of 7 on 7.Things are alot different with pads, when it all counts.
I think these threads go negative to quick. It is 7 on 7. We should be talking about the resurgence of the tiger program. They were very competive. Pikeville will be good as well. They live on tradition so they will always be respectable. Prestosnburg did look good and passing will be a weapon. As for the bobcats, I'm proud of them. They played very competive. And they won the tournament that some teams didnt compete in. Lets keep being positive. One thing is for sure, I'm glad it's football season!
Passing league is passing league...I'm glad BL did well in it, but you got to put things in perspective. 2 years ago I watched a Lawrence County team suck it up in a male passing tournament. They were awful to say the least...they went on that season to go 10 and 0...making the biggest turn around in recent high school football history. I don't think the passing league made any predictions for their up and coming season.
Your right, Xavier. Passing is passing. Its like they can't run the side saddle t,like jack hall did.
Yea your right. it's different with pads on. But hands down BL had the better skills players and the most skills players then any team in tourn. BL had two teams in tourn. team two which consist of freshys and softies had 2 or 3 kids that could have played with team one and got productive numbers. Anyway it was a great win for school and kids and those coaches that were there are trying to figure out how they are going to stop BL skilled kids.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC/]
Shelby Valley started 3 freshmen and 3 sophomores. Johnson Central rotated 40 kids usually 7 in 7 out. Wheelersburg only had 4 upper classmen.
Johnson central subbed when the game was out of hand. Trust me. I was beside their a johnson central parent talking about their team. Wheelersburg brought two teams and only had 4 upperclassmen? Wrong again The more you talk makes me feel better about your opinion about the competition.
Congrats to BL but they did not play Pburg. In my own opinion they were the best "passing team" down there. Although you never know what will happen in regular season. JC Pikeville and Paintsville also looked pretty good and Valley is getting some experience under their belt. Good luck to all teams during season!
Wheelersburg had 4 kids that sat out their JV games. If you had watched closely you would have noticed it. I watched Johnson Central play every kid they brought. They played 7 totally different kids against Betsy Laynes JV, they used a different team against Wheelersburg and P-burg. I guess you hearing a parent is better than actually watching.
Maybe you need to stop watching the game and coach your team. How many did they win? Obviously Johnson central is going to throw several teams against Betsy Laynes second team. They were freshman. And if you hadn't noticed Jonson central is pretty good. Im not worried about wheelers burg j.v. I was talking about their varsity. Come on man, you can do better than that.
I do not coach football. I was there to watch my son but I enjoy watching other teams play. I am pretty observant because I am a coach. SV did not win a game if that is what you want to hear. I do not understand why people get on here to argue???? Cannot wait til the pads are on.
I would love for me and you to strap the pads on. Their are no waiting period for that.
Anytime.......
Congrats to the Tigers on a Great Showing!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
sheriff Wrote:Your right, Xavier. Passing is passing. Its like they can't run the side saddle t,like jack hall did.
Now that's old school
I will private message you directions new o
Is Betsy lane that good, can someone compare them to another team that is known, are they like Corbin, Knox, Whitley, Pulaski, somerset,etc
They are not as good as them teams. Although they do have pretty good skills. Lineman aren't even with the teams right now so you can't make any comparisons on how the seasons are goin to be anyways. You can start making them the first week of regular season.
West 80 Wrote:Is Betsy lane that good, can someone compare them to another team that is known, are they like Corbin, Knox, Whitley, Pulaski, somerset,etc
Think way more like Leslie County, Shelby Valley, Pineville, Madison Southern that kind of tier. And this, you must recall, is a high time in their history. So to be fair, historically, it was more Allen Central, South Floyd, Phelps, etc...

Not hating, but they are not remotely close to on par with Corbin, Knox, Somerset etc.... Somerset defeated them 46-7, Prestonsburg 53-14, and Shelby Valley 63-40. Best win for BL was Allen Central 24-14 or South Floyd 38-8.
Thanks and good luck to them, their kids deserve it.
Thunder, your right Betsy Layne is not really tradition rich, but for the past few years things are looking up for the program. Also would like to say only one game in district we were healthy was Leslie County. The other two they were hurt with injury. But they still lost.

Also a bit of Betsy Layne History. They have had the last two seasons were tied for most wins in schools history. By what's returning according to the khsaa they will have around 4 seniors. Pretty young team. Single A was a better fit for them, moving to 2A hurts when you look on the division you play is Somerset, LCA, Danville, and Middlesboro.
sheriff Wrote:I would love for me and you to strap the pads on. Their are no waiting period for that.

new o Wrote:Anytime.......

sheriff Wrote:I will private message you directions new o

:dudecomeon:

Let's make sure this is all in fun before this get's anymore childish! Nobody wants to get put on "Vacation" before football season starts! :Thumbs:
Does anyone know what teams are in the BL passing tourney Tuesday?
Yes. Pikeville did lose to Paintsville twice.
Does anybody know who was the offensive team by position for Paintsville?
OffTheHook Wrote:Congrats to the Tigers on a Great Showing!

OTH, you typically have the best stats. Who was playing for Paintsville?