Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What does the Wisconsin recall tell us?
TheRealVille Wrote:What about the Bush stimulus?
What about it? This habit you have of making a fool out of yourself by posting bogus information and then changing the subject after getting getting hammered by facts gets tiresome.

You incorrectly attributed the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 to Bush. How about admitting you were wrong to do so before stumbling to a new topic? :biglmao:
Hoot Gibson Wrote:What about it? This habit you have of making a fool out of yourself by posting bogus information and then changing the subject after getting getting hammered by facts gets tiresome.

You incorrectly attributed the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 to Bush. How about admitting you were wrong to do so before stumbling to a new topic? :biglmao:
I wasn't wrong. NKY said Bush had nothing to do with the stimulus, and I showed references to about 900 billion of Bush stimulus packages from 2008. That was Bush's budget.
TheRealVille Wrote:I wasn't wrong. NKY said Bush had nothing to do with the stimulus, and I showed references to about 900 billion of Bush stimulus packages from 2008. That was Bush's budget.
Yes, you were wrong. You specifically said that the 2009 Stimulus spending (ARRA) was part of Bush's2008 budget. You won't be able to weasel out of this one, RV. You might as well drop it and return to the thread topic, the discussion of which you have derailed. You need to start looking at those Obama talking points a little more skeptically before posting them here.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Yes, you were wrong. You specifically said that the 2009 Stimulus spending (ARRA) was part of Bush's2008 budget. You won't be able to weasel out of this one, RV. You might as well drop it and return to the thread topic, the discussion of which you have derailed. You need to start looking at those Obama talking points a little more skeptically before posting them here.
Show where I said that. I only said Obama stimulus spending was part of Bush's budget. I never named ARRA.
You lies are unlimited, Hoot.
TheRealVille Wrote:Show where I said that. I only said Obama stimulus spending was part of Bush's budget. I never named ARRA.
If ignorance and dishonesty were virtues, you would be a saint. My ARRA reference was parenthetical, which FYI is why it was in parentheses. Maybe a few more people want to waste their time explaining to you that the Feb. 09 stimulus was proposed and signed into law by Obama - not Bush - and it was not part of Bush's budget. It was a budget buster of historic proportion.

Why do you insist on trying to dig your way out of the bottom of a hole like this? Just man up, admit your mistakes, and move on.

TheRealVille Wrote:As to your signature. It claims Obama's stimulus started in Feb. 09. That was Bush's budget that ran from Oct 08 to Oct 09.

TheRealVille Wrote:Yea the spending was done in 09, approved in Bush's budget from oct 08 to oct 09.

TheRealVille Wrote:Does the budget run from Oct of 08 to Oct of 09 or not? Was Obama running on Bush's budget?
Hoot Gibson Wrote:If ignorance and dishonesty were virtues, you would be a saint. My ARRA reference was parenthetical, which FYI is why it was in parentheses. Maybe a few more people want to waste their time explaining to you that the Feb. 09 stimulus was proposed and signed into law by Obama - not Bush - and it was not part of Bush's budget. It was a budget buster of historic proportion.

Why do you insist on trying to dig your way out of the bottom of a hole like this? Just man up, admit your mistakes, and move on.
When you admit that Bush had close to 900 billion in stimulus in 2008, which over 700 billion was in Oct 08, then I'll admit that Obama had ARRA.
TheRealVille Wrote:When you admit that Bush had close to 900 billion in stimulus in 2008, which over 700 billion was in Oct 08, then I'll admit that Obama had ARRA.
Bush is not running for office and I am not helping you put the focus on Bush, who last ran for public office in 2004. I made no claim about Bush's stimulus spending, so there is nothing for me to admit or take back.

You made a bogus claim, were hit in the face with the truth, and now you cannot admit your mistake. Pathetic.
:popcorn:
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Bush is not running for office and I am not helping you put the focus on Bush, who last ran for public office in 2004. I made no claim about Bush's stimulus spending, so there is nothing for me to admit or take back.

You made a bogus claim, were hit in the face with the truth, and now you cannot admit your mistake. Pathetic.
I'm sorry you are to dumb to see the play on the words stimulus and ARRA. Any stimulus money Obama spent in 09 was from Bush's budget in 08.
Granny Bear Wrote:Okay, your first question is a little complicated to me.
Last year, Scott Walker signed a law into effect that photo id needed to be shown before voting. The NAACP, League of Women's Voters and several other organized protestors filed a law suit against this law. In March 2012, a Dane County judge issued a temporary injunction against that law. His injunction stated that "Wisconsin voters will not need to show ID to vote in the April 3rd primary." The state has appealed this ruling, and in the meantime you have the recall vote. Lots of ambiguity!!

Obama is responsible for the 2009 stimulus.....

Scott Walker won the recall....the incumbent.

Now, allow me to qualify this..these are MY opinions and MY interpretation of the facts.

Sure there'll be some opposition.

Not from me. :Thumbs:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealVille Wrote:I'm sorry you are to dumb to see the play on the words stimulus and ARRA. Any stimulus money Obama spent in 09 was from Bush's budget in 08.
no it was not. President Obama owns the 2009 stimulus
Economic Stimulus Act of 2008 (President Bush's Stimulus) enacted February 13, 2008 by President Bush with the support of both Democratic and Republican lawmakers. The total cost of this bill was projected at $152 billion for 2008 By the way Obama did not vote for this bill

Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP)is a program of the United States government to purchase assets and equity from financial institutions to strengthen its financial sector that was signed into law by U.S. President George W. Bush on October 3, 2008. It was a component of the government's measures in 2008 to address the subprime mortgage crisis. Obama voted for it
TheRealVille Wrote:I'm sorry you are to dumb to see the play on the words stimulus and ARRA. Any stimulus money Obama spent in 09 was from Bush's budget in 08.

Still having trouble wrapping your head around this budget business? You need to go back and research what you're saying a little bit. Obama was proud as a peacock to both conceive, and ram through the democratically held House and Senate HIS version of the stimulus. Heck, he was on TV about it non-stop for months. Want to know why? Because he's convinced Keynesian Economics work. And, he was sure the action would forever cement him in the anals of presidential greatness. See if this Wiki article sounds at all familiar to you; "Advocates of Keynesian economics argue that private sector decisions sometimes lead to inefficient macroeconomic outcomes which require active policy responses by the public sector, particularly monetary policy actions by the central bank (federal reserve) and fiscal policy actions by the government to stabilize output over the business cycle. The theories forming the basis of Keynesian economics were first presented in The General Theory of Employment, Interest and Money, published in 1936. The interpretations of Keynes are contentious and several schools of thought claim his legacy.

Keynesian economics advocates a mixed economy — predominantly private sector, but with a significant role of government and public sector — and served as the economic model during the later part of the Great Depression, World War II, and the post-war economic expansion (1945–1973), though it lost some influence following the tax surcharge in 1968 and the stagflation of the 1970s. The advent of the global financial crisis in 2008 has caused a resurgence in Keynesian thought.
END EXCERPT---

A very brief perusal through the historical record of the late 30's and 40's reveals the abject failure of this school of thought. The financial policies of the FDR era did little more than help the US tread water for the duration of the Keynesian based 'experiment'. I do believe the optimism of president Roosevelt inspired Americans during those dark days of war and depression to believe in their country, however. As stated before, WWII awakened the great American industrial machine, and America embarked on a period of prosperity the like of which is very likely to never be seen again.

In Obama's mind, he was going to ride in on his white charger and deliver the foundering US economy with his stimulus package, the sky would be full of ticker tape and his ears would be filled with the cries cheering masses lauding his coming. Didn't quite turn out that way. This is why his staunch allies keep saying the stimulus wasn't big enough. In their minds, they can't have been wrong, even though history's verdict on the tried and failed Keynesian economic record of our past clearly demonstrates. Novices and ideologues should never find their way into high office. The ramifications of such foolhearty choices in leadership are our national decline and possibly the collapse of our great, if fading, nation. Evidenced by the fact that the Obama administration is still pushing for yet another stimulus. They'll never learn, admit their failures or give up. The only option we have is to vote them out.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]