Poll: Who will win the 15th Region Tournament?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Belfry
0%
Betsy Layne
8.11%
East Ridge
10.81%
Johnson Central
8.11%
Phelps
0%
Pikeville
10.81%
Prestonsburg
10.81%
Sheldon Clark
51.35%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who will win the 15th Region Tournament?
Betsy Layne
Sheldon Clark...if 23Johnson, 21Kirk, 15Moore, 3Parsley, 55Chapman, Show up rdy to play and im sure they will... SCHS has been on a roll and fired up....When these five show up to play as a team they have the 10+ advantage every time they step on the hardwood.
panther thunder Wrote:millard
the millard mules and superstar bill bevins have to be the favorites coming in....lol
FIRST Wrote:15th and 13th are the weakest regions in the state.
Have to disagree. Top to bottom, it might be the 8th before the 15th, but not a whole lot of disagreement about the 13th.

So if I had to rank top to bottom in terms of weakness as a REGION (not for certain teams), I'd have to consider the 8th before I did the 15th. Just my personal opinion, and remember, it's about the whole region, not just certain teams. You'd get no argument from me that the top 4 in the 15th might be only middle of the pack in some regions, but I'd put Sheldon Clark, Johnson Central, East Ridge, and Pikeville up against almost any team and it would be competitive. For people who want to harp on how Pikeville did in the iHigh tourney, remember they were without Ethan Rowe in those games. There's enough talent in the 15th to make a very good region, unfortunately, you have a couple at this school, a couple there, etc. Most other regions have a bigger population base to draw from than the 13th, 14th, 15th, etc. It also doesn't help that only a few teams play outside the 15th to make themselves better. Pikeville has played 19 of 31 games in the 15th, the remainder have been against out of region teams that made them better (Dunbar, Bryan Station, etc). Prestonsburg has played 31 games, 24 have been in the region. Sheldon Clark has played 32 games, but only 18 in the region, the remainder against teams like Dunbar, Perry Central, etc. that made them better.
This is seriously a wide open toruney but if I had to pick the one team to come out of the 15th it would be the Sheldon Clark Cardinals!! They have been the most consistent team in the 15th region.
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
school admin. Wrote:inez won the state title in 1949 and s.c. Won the region in 1983.
hard to believe that sheldon clark has only one regional crown.
Would have to say that they have "under acheived".
Thought they had 2 or 3 regionals.
PHSForever Wrote:Have to disagree. Top to bottom, it might be the 8th before the 15th, but not a whole lot of disagreement about the 13th.

So if I had to rank top to bottom in terms of weakness as a REGION (not for certain teams), I'd have to consider the 8th before I did the 15th. Just my personal opinion, and remember, it's about the whole region, not just certain teams. You'd get no argument from me that the top 4 in the 15th might be only middle of the pack in some regions, but I'd put Sheldon Clark, Johnson Central, East Ridge, and Pikeville up against almost any team and it would be competitive. For people who want to harp on how Pikeville did in the iHigh tourney, remember they were without Ethan Rowe in those games. There's enough talent in the 15th to make a very good region, unfortunately, you have a couple at this school, a couple there, etc. Most other regions have a bigger population base to draw from than the 13th, 14th, 15th, etc. It also doesn't help that only a few teams play outside the 15th to make themselves better. Pikeville has played 19 of 31 games in the 15th, the remainder have been against out of region teams that made them better (Dunbar, Bryan Station, etc). Prestonsburg has played 31 games, 24 have been in the region. Sheldon Clark has played 32 games, but only 18 in the region, the remainder against teams like Dunbar, Perry Central, etc. that made them better.

While I do agree playing outside your region against tougher competition makes you better, however Pikeville played 23 games against 13th, 14th, 15th,16th and 1 against the 9th. IMO this hardly qualifys as a tough schedule to make ones team better. Moreover getting beat by 30 plus in 3 games at Lexington also most likely does not improve your team. Regardless of who thinks what region is the weakest in the state, rest assured this will be figured out in Rupp Arena.
With all due respect to the Cardinals of Inez, There is no such thing as a favorite in March!
I firmly believe East Ridge could pull off the upset, but I think Sheldon Clark will win the region.
Betsy Layne
doubledown Wrote:hard to believe that sheldon clark has only one regional crown.
Would have to say that they have "under acheived".
Thought they had 2 or 3 regionals.

They have always had a great pool of talent in Martin Co. for as long as I remember, but for whatever reason, they usually seem to flounder when it counts the most.
foriegn flatlander Wrote:While I do agree playing outside your region against tougher competition makes you better, however Pikeville played 23 games against 13th, 14th, 15th,16th and 1 against the 9th. IMO this hardly qualifys as a tough schedule to make ones team better. Moreover getting beat by 30 plus in 3 games at Lexington also most likely does not improve your team. Regardless of who thinks what region is the weakest in the state, rest assured this will be figured out in Rupp Arena.
See, you are showing your ignorance. As I said before, they were without Rowe, their starting point guard, for the whole tourney. I think he may have played a few minutes in the blowout win against Paris. And contrary to what you think, it DID make the team better. Valuable minutes for people like Hamilton at the point against topnotch competition can only prepare him and make him better. That didn't lose every game by 30. They also played against (I believe) two teams from the 11th, arguably the most balanced top to bottom region in the state. I see the point you are making, but they played a much tougher schedule than, for example, Betsy Layne or Pburg etc. In the long run, it does make you better.
Want to own up. Made a mistake, I thought Pikeville had two 15-20 point losses and one 30 point loss in that iHigh tourney, I was wrong. But the gist of what I was saying remains.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Millard

I've got Elkhorn City in a buzzer beater
Belfry0304 Wrote:With all due respect to the Cardinals of Inez, There is no such thing as a favorite in March!
Huh?
Do you mean lock? as in nobody is a lock to win it.
Sheldon Clark
Feds Creek baby.
No wait I change it to the coolest school name mascot combo in the history of mankind.

THE mighty fighting Hellcats of Hellier. GET SOME.
^Yeah, that school was awesome,lol..
[quote=PHSForever]See, you are showing your ignorance. As I said before, they were without Rowe, their starting point guard, for the whole tourney. I think he may have played a few minutes in the blowout win against Paris. And contrary to what you think, it DID make the team better. Valuable minutes for people like Hamilton at the point against topnotch competition can only prepare him and make him better. That didn't lose every game by 30. They also played against (I believe) two teams from the 11th, arguably the most balanced top to bottom region in the state. I see the point you are making, but they played a much tougher schedule than, for example, Betsy Layne or Pburg etc. In the long run, it does make you better.[/
QUOTE If this is your argument I hope Ethan does not get in foul trouble or for some other reason cannot play, because according to your opinion cannot win without him. ( Thats ignorance) I suppose this is what you meant by team getting better. 1999 was a long time ago
Wow were we all wrong.
^ You could say that lmao.
Just a news flash, neither Pikeville or Sheldon Clark is going anywhere but to the house or to the stands..............just sayin'. Go Warriors;-)
guess everybody in martin county can cancel those reservations they made last week in lexington.:lmao::lmao: