Poll: Who will win the 15th Region Tournament?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Belfry
0%
Betsy Layne
8.11%
East Ridge
10.81%
Johnson Central
8.11%
Phelps
0%
Pikeville
10.81%
Prestonsburg
10.81%
Sheldon Clark
51.35%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who will win the 15th Region Tournament?
Who will represent the 15th at Rupp?
Shledon Clark
Sheldon Clark or Johnson Central
This will be the most balanced regional and a fun tournament to watch.

District winners
Prestonsburg
Phelps
Pikeville

District runner up
Betsy Layne
Belfry
East Ridge

Johnson Central vs. Sheldon Clark tonight.

Could easily see all 4 runner up teams advance in regional or none. Well worth the trip to Pikeville.
Its WIDE OPEN!! The draw will have a lot to do with who wins in my opinion.
Sheldon Clark!
when does the tourney start? who plays who?
Millard
All 4 district runners-up could win in the 1st round! It has happened one time that I know of...But I see Sheldon Clark winning it this year - how long has it been since a team from Martin Co won it? Has SC ever won it? I know their girls have several times (including last year) - but not sure about boys.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Millard

I beg to differ PT. It is going to be Pikeville, since they have all those transfers in from Mullins this year.
Lleyton21 Wrote:All 4 district runners-up could win in the 1st round! It has happened one time that I know of...But I see Sheldon Clark winning it this year - how long has it been since a team from Martin Co won it? Has SC ever won it? I know their girls have several times (including last year) - but not sure about boys.

Inez won the State Title in 1949 and S.C. won the Region in 1983.
Sorry, Inez won the State Title in 1951
School Admin. Wrote:Sorry, Inez won the State Title in 1951

Sorry , but you are wrong twice. Inez won the state championship in 1941 and in 1954.
Bob Seger Wrote:Sorry , but you are wrong twice. Inez won the state championship in 1941 and in 1954.

LOL Well, I got the decades right! Sorry, it was a little before my time!
School Admin. Wrote:LOL Well, I got the decades right! Sorry, it was a little before my time!

Yep, at least you had it in the 20th century.........lol
Sheldon Clark, IMO. But if something happens and they get upset then i'll take Betsy Layne.
East ridge
Will be a good tournament. I wouldn't be surprised to see a district runner-up win the region.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Millard
Thats a stupid reply...
15th and 13th are the weakest regions in the state.
60th
Phelps ©
Belfry
59th
Pikeville ©
East Ridge
58th
Prestonsburg ©
Betsy Layne
57th
Sheldon Clark ©
Johnson Central

Selection sunday....needs to hurry.
Sheldon Clark
Sheldon Clark should win this region.
Sheldon Clark. I don't see anyone matching Justin Johnson's toughness inside, and he will carry that team on his back. BJ Moore is a tough matchup for anybody in the region as well on the perimeter.
Isn't it so strange NOT to see Shelby Valley listed in the poll up there. They are not in the regional tourney for the 1st time in this millenium. So wierd....There will be a NEW REGIONAL CHAMP for the first time since 2009! Exciting! Better take advantage of it this year...we will be back...
Would love to see Prestonsburg win it, but have to be realistic, and give the nod to Sheldon Clark.
Sheldon Clark has the best coach and best talent in the region. The best team don't always win though.
That's why you lace them up. Perry Central didn't think they would be sitting at home either. Anything can happen...
^

Cant argue that, but I'm taking Sheldon Clark.
Can't pick against the Warriors this late in the season..I got East Ridge.

And obviously there's alot of Prestonsburg fans on BGR, hahahah.