Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lou. Central 26 Bell County 0
leecoukfan Wrote:With the realignment this year, Bell Co really got the short end of the stick having to travel all the way to Louisville because they're considered to be in the west!:redboxer: The Bobcats need to keep their heads up because you all had a great season and have absolutely nothing to be ashamed of!!

This is typical of the whining we hear from Bell fans every year. Whenever they get eliminated(and they do every year), we get to hear how they got cheated instead of the other team was better.
So BC fans that attended the game....do u guys feel like u were in an hostile environment?? CENTRAL got a lot of bad rap from a lot of posters. The game was fun. Them Central boys showed up & showed out!!! Davenport is a great RB & he's had a great high school career. Good luck to u guys next year!!!!!
When Highlands played Central they were good hosts. Also a nice bunch of people when they came to Highlands. I always root for and respect Central. They got a great thing going there. Keep it going Yellow Bees.
Bell is still a few years away from being on that level of football.
Central will dominate the rest of the way threw.
Bell is the second best team in the state in class 3A and tonight Central showed how and why they are number 1.

Congrats Central on the win.

I believe this was the first time Bell has been shut out in 10 years, except maybe once by Rock a few years back, i cant remember.
Wideleft01 Wrote:This is typical of the whining we hear from Bell fans every year. Whenever they get eliminated(and they do every year), we get to hear how they got cheated instead of the other team was better.

Only thing is, he isnt a Bell fan....He's a fan of Pulaski County sports so that comment doesnt make sense.
:worthy: Congrats Central. You all are the class of 3A. Head and shoulders above every one else.
Not gonna hear much complaints from many Bell fans. Very fairly officiated game, let the boys play all night, and Central was as advertised and more. Wales looked to be limping alot all night, a healthy Wales has to be a Scary thing. Enjoyed the battle all night between Polly at LB and Wales. Every time he touched the ball Polly was right in his face, Wales is just scary elusive. Good game, wish it had gone differently. Central fans were respectful, alot were over on the bell side and very friendly, alot of guys at the gate were also very friendly when I talked to them, good luck to Central on another state title.
Coachdad Wrote:I totally agree seemed like they just wanted to kill the clock ! They must have NO passing ability at all as I recall 1 bell pass attempt for a Central sack !

Bell has always been known for a running team. Not their best game tonight but will remain up for the challenge every year. You have bragging rights again this year but Bell will be back.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Bell is still a few years away from being on that level of football.
Bell is the second best team in the state in class 3A and tonight Central showed how and why they are number 1.

I believe this was the first time Bell has been shut out in 10 years, except maybe once by Rock a few years back, i cant remember.

True it was a shut out but the only hold all night was on a Corey Davenport 60 yard touchdown which was called back. Overall good officiated game. Bell's two fumbles inside the 10 didn't help them any...one fumble also run in for a
touchdown besides. Dug a hole against a good team and that is hard to crawl out of. Have seen them play better but great year overall. Did a lot this season after losing a lot to graduation last year. More than I expected from the start. Good job Coach Mills and staff.
Storm1 Wrote:True it was a shut out but the only hold all night was on a Corey Davenport 60 yard touchdown which was called back. Overall good officiated game. Bell's two fumbles inside the 10 didn't help them any...one fumble also run in for a
touchdown besides. Dug a hole against a good team and that is hard to crawl out of. Have seen them play better but great year overall. Did a lot this season after losing a lot to graduation last year. More than I expected from the start. Good job Coach Mills and staff.

I think most people in or around the program expected the boys to be exactly where they were at. The fumbles definately hurt, but that's all coulda, shoulda, woulda now. When I saw central out there warming up me and everyone around was saying "wow these boys are small, Bell is twice their size" but my goodness...on this night HUGE things came in small packages. They looked to be just as strong as Bell, on top of being faster. I think your 3A state champions came out of this game with a win. I was pleasantly surprised with how well Bells D seemed to keep Wales in check. The one play that I thought knocked the air out of Bell, was when it was 3rd and very long, every WR covered, was pressuring the QB, then he cut back across field for a huge gain and first down, that was the straw that broke the camels back in my eyes, although they like that have all year, continued to fight off defeat with all they had in them, tonight just wasn't their night. BTW, why wasn't starting DT David Hoskins, and starting C Hunter Marcum playing tonight?
BellCoFaithful Wrote:why wasn't starting DT David Hoskins, and starting C Hunter Marcum playing tonight?

I wondered the same thing.

Great atmosphere, anyone that got on here and said anything negative about Central's stadium, crowd, or team is crazy. 14-0 at halftime wasnt that bad, Mills has made good halftime adjustments all year, but you just cant make adjustments for speed and talent. I already had respect for Central's program, but I came away from the game with one word in my mind...WOW!. Time for central to go and bring home another 3A championship.
BellCoFaithful Wrote:I think most people in or around the program expected the boys to be exactly where they were at. The fumbles definately hurt, but that's all coulda, shoulda, woulda now. When I saw central out there warming up me and everyone around was saying "wow these boys are small, Bell is twice their size" but my goodness...on this night HUGE things came in small packages. They looked to be just as strong as Bell, on top of being faster. I think your 3A state champions came out of this game with a win. I was pleasantly surprised with how well Bells D seemed to keep Wales in check. The one play that I thought knocked the air out of Bell, was when it was 3rd and very long, every WR covered, was pressuring the QB, then he cut back across field for a huge gain and first down, that was the straw that broke the camels back in my eyes, although they like that have all year, continued to fight off defeat with all they had in them, tonight just wasn't their night. BTW, why wasn't starting DT David Hoskins, and starting C Hunter Marcum playing tonight?
you must have been very far away if you think Central was small, Central is NOT small.
I expected this, because the first time you play Central will be shellshock. This is why I have a little confidence in Belfry, we return most guys from last year and have seen it before and I know Coach Haywood has had the film on. Wouldn't be surprised if the Coach down at Bell watched it all offseason long and came back and played a close game or pulled out a W next year, or the next year.

Don't let Central fool you, their line is not worth a nickel. Either one of them, unless something has changed. Problem is, you can block everyone perfectly and an unblocked player on the other side come around with his speed and make the tackle. How did Central get the 26 points? Because when they blew our (not that good) team out last year, most of it came either off of turnovers, or when Wales started one direction and went back the other. Oh, and did Bell turn the ball over at all?
Wideleft01 Wrote:This is typical of the whining we hear from Bell fans every year. Whenever they get eliminated(and they do every year), we get to hear how they got cheated instead of the other team was better.

You can't be this stupid, Bell has been and is one of the premier teams in the state, Bell did not get eliminated in 2008 when they went 15-0 winning the class 4-A State Championship. By the way you can't win it every year, somebody has to be #1. How many years in a row has your team won the state championship, some people are so dumb, jealousy makes people crazy. Great season Bell you boys had a great season others would love to have. Congrats to Central they were the better team last night, good luck to Belfry represent our mountain teams well.
Well I guess all the Bell Co. fans won't have to worry about loading the buses up next week. Just sit home and have a Happy Thanksgiving!
Belfry0304 Wrote:I expected this, because the first time you play Central will be shellshock. This is why I have a little confidence in Belfry, we return most guys from last year and have seen it before and I know Coach Haywood has had the film on. Wouldn't be surprised if the Coach down at Bell watched it all offseason long and came back and played a close game or pulled out a W next year, or the next year.

Don't let Central fool you, their line is not worth a nickel. Either one of them, unless something has changed. Problem is, you can block everyone perfectly and an unblocked player on the other side come around with his speed and make the tackle. How did Central get the 26 points? Because when they blew our (not that good) team out last year, most of it came either off of turnovers, or when Wales started one direction and went back the other. Oh, and did Bell turn the ball over at all?
Dag my friend ,line not worth a nickle ? What does that make all the other 3a lines. Wouldn't expect a friend to post bulletin board material. Dag !Disappointed
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Bell is still a few years away from being on that level of football.

I'm not so sure they're the 2nd best 3A team. They never played the other 3A mt. powers, Belfry or Breathitt. Central is on a whole different level than the rest of 3A. Nice season for Bell. Congrats.
I tried to tell the Bell County fans that Central's speed up front would keep Davenport from being able to get much done. Congrats to Central for the Regional Championship and to Bell for a great season.
Bell County had its eyes on Central running back Anthony Wales and bottled up the explosive running back the entire game.

Until his final touch, that is.

On fourth-and-one at Central’s 29-yard line, Wales went up the middle, ripped through Bell County’s defense and sprinted 71 yards for a touchdown with 1:50 left in the game.

That put the finishing touches on Central’s 26-0 win over the visiting Bobcats (11-2) Friday night in the Class 3-A regional final.

Central (10-3) next will visit Fort Campbell (9-4) in the semfinals. The Falcons advanced with a 20-17 win over Paducah Tilghman.

Before his final carry, Wales had run for just 59 yards against Bell County’s stingy defense.

Wales, who went into the game with 2,350 yards this season, said he wasn’t concerned about his rushing total.

“We knew they would put a lot of players in the box,” he said. “We’re not a one-dimensional team.”

Wales said he went to Central coach Ty Scroggins and asked for the ball before his final run.

“He came over and said, ‘Believe in me,’ ” Scoggins said as a smile. “I believe in him. But it’s really good to have a player with that kind of confidence.”

Central got early offense from its defense.

Bell County had the ball at its own 41 when Cory Davenport fumbled in traffic and Central sophomore Royshawn Beason picked up the ball and raced 45 yards for a touchdown with 59.9 seconds left in the first quarter.

“We teach that,” Scroggins said. “Scoop and score.”

After forcing Bell County to punt, Central’s Tae Shawn Gibbs returned it to the Bobcats’ 38 and the Yellow Jackets went 38 yards in six plays. On the final play of the drive, Wales went right, got bottled up and then cut across the field for a 13-yard touchdown run with 7:34 left in the first half.

Central took control of the game with an 11-play drive that took 6:44 off the clock in the third quarter. Wales gave Central a 20-0 lead with a 5-yard scoring run.

Late in the game the Bobcats drove inside the Central 10-yard line before Gibbs intercepted a pass by Bell County quarterback Osolonian Corey.
Bell Co. 0 0 0 0 - 0
Central 7 7 6 6 - 26
Central – Royshawn Beason 45 fumble return (Musa Kamara kick); Central – Anthony Wales 13 run (Kamara kick); Central – Wales 5 run (Kamara kick); Central –Wales 71 run (pass failed).
Bell Co. Central
Total yards 201 262
First downs 9 9
Rushes-yds. 42-201 23-231
Comp-Att-Int 0-1-1 2-5-0
Passing yards 0 31
Fumbles-lost 2-2 1-1
Penalties-yds. 1-10 3-35
Punts-avg. 4-29.3 2-41.0

http://www.courier-journal.com/article/2...t|Sports|s
the reversing directions,will kill you everytime,as it did last yr for Belfry against Central..
As I predicted in the other post, I said BELL WOULD GET SHUT OUT, now tell me wher eall that mountain speed is that you said you had. I TOLD YOU Central had too much speed and city speed was different. I TOLD YOU SO.
Coachdad Wrote:Dag my friend ,line not worth a nickle ? What does that make all the other 3a lines. Wouldn't expect a friend to post bulletin board material. Dag !Disappointed

They don't hit hard, and the lineman at Central don't make you say WOW. They more or less just try to make a half an inch for Ace to turn into a huge gain. Around here, if you got no line, you got no team. At Central, a sub-par line is all you need because the athletes do ALL the work.
Congrats Central!
Belfry0304 Wrote:They don't hit hard, and the lineman at Central don't make you say WOW. They more or less just try to make a half an inch for Ace to turn into a huge gain. Around here, if you got no line, you got no team. At Central, a sub-par line is all you need because the athletes do ALL the work.

Thats simply not true if it was I would admit it. Central keeps a good line year in year out. In the high school football circles in Louisville the saying is y'all just ought to be able to run the ball "y'all got the Dallas Cowboys up front".
CATDAD2 Wrote:You can't be this stupid, Bell has been and is one of the premier teams in the state, Bell did not get eliminated in 2008 when they went 15-0 winning the class 4-A State Championship. By the way you can't win it every year, somebody has to be #1. How many years in a row has your team won the state championship, some people are so dumb, jealousy makes people crazy. Great season Bell you boys had a great season others would love to have. Congrats to Central they were the better team last night, good luck to Belfry represent our mountain teams well.

My team is going for 5 straight and expects to win it every single year.
Wideleft01 Wrote:My team is going for 5 straight and expects to win it every single year.

5 straight is an awesome acomplishment...Oh wait, MY team already did that :Clap:
I would not say Bell is the second best team. Belfry is the second best team in 3A.
Hey Coachdad, congrats to Central from a Belfry fan. I will be honest and say I was routing for Bell. For two reasons frankly. 1) dont want to see you guys 2) Bell is a mountain team.

I watched one game on Ihigh from Central. You guys do look substantially smaller up front on the D-line (cant remember about the o-line) but I seem to remember real good size up front on the o-line. That lack of size on the d-line just signaled to me "more speed."

I also watched Bell play against Lafeyette on Ihigh and thought they had a nice mix of size and talent at the skill positions. The result of this came is a tad sobering to either Belfry or Garrard fans, but thats ok. Those of us who have really been looking at this thing know that we are playing for a SHOT and knocking off a jugernaut. All you can ask for is to buckle the chins straps and give it your best.

To Bell fans - Feel GREAT about your program. With Dudley gone, you have a really good coach. You guys will be in the mix every year.
personally i think belfry is the team to beat in the east bell and belfry would be a good game but i think belfry wins that game. and i also think that belfry and central game if they make it will be alot different than last time so all i can say lets strap it up. oh btw the lost belfry had this year was from a injuryed squad they could easily be 13-0:Cheerlead