Poll: Who wins ?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Bell County
53.51%
Harlan County
46.49%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell County vs Harlan County
I think Harlan County can beat Bell County, but it will be a war! The Black Bears have to get it in their head that they can win.

I'm a little torn on this game, does playing this game at the end of the season prepare the teams more for the playoffs or does it risk injuries? I think the Team wins gains some momentum, but it's basically for bragging rights. A good game to have between neighbors. Just I've heard the question of playing this game earlier in the season. But it's kinda nice that we have established a tradition of ending the regular season with this game.

Go Bears!!!!
I was impressed with Harlan Co. last night, but not impressed enough to pick them over Bell Co.

Bell by a TD
Commodore_Colonel Wrote:I was impressed with Harlan Co. last night, but not impressed enough to pick them over Bell Co.

Bell by a TD

We're 9-0 dawg including 4-0 in the top class in east KY. There ae 4 teams that are at the top.....everyone knows who. I'm not gonna talk any snack until game over....but Harlan County will show up.........so will their fans. This game will be as good as it gets....
Bell 27-21
The pressure of never beating them is a monkey on hc back will not be removed Friday!!!!bell co wins 34-28
Aslan Wrote:Cubs win and take the title that has belonged to Bell for so long, "King of the Mnts".

Harlan - 32
Bell - 28

Great Nostradomas.....can I frame this prophecy?
Bobcats by 5
I change my mind this should be the Pick Em game of the week!

Bell County 35-28
Bell co. will win Davenport to much. Harlan co. is not as good as they think.:rockon:
Does Beating Bell 1 time make you the King of the Mtns?
IMO, when you can beat them for several years you might take that title..
It will take more than 1 victory to take the claim. I DON'T think it will happen this year. Every year we hear how big and physical HC is and guess what happens???? Bell takes them to the woodshed. I see no reason to think it will be any different. Early in the year Bell looked a little human. As of late they have looked like the Bobcats they are. Bell will limit the big plays for HC and punish the ballcarriers on every play.

Bell 35
HC 21

If I am not mistaken this is the 1st year where Bell is bigger on the OL and DL. Harlan Co. is not as big as many make them out to be. If Diamond had played against HC earlier in the year for Knox I felt we would have had the advantage in the trenches.
Bell County by 10.
William Muney Wrote:It will take more than 1 victory to take the claim. I DON'T think it will happen this year. Every year we hear how big and physical HC is and guess what happens???? Bell takes them to the woodshed. I see no reason to think it will be any different. Early in the year Bell looked a little human. As of late they have looked like the Bobcats they are. Bell will limit the big plays for HC and punish the ballcarriers on every play.

Bell 35
HC 21

If I am not mistaken this is the 1st year where Bell is bigger on the OL and DL. Harlan Co. is not as big as many make them out to be. If Diamond had played against HC earlier in the year for Knox I felt we would have had the advantage in the trenches.

:truestory:
HC may very well be the best team in the mountains this year.

But, when discussing being "The King of the Mountains" against the likes of Bell and Belfry... the Bears have in the words of Eric Church "A lot of boot left to fill".
No now lets let HC think they are the favorite. Bell likes being the underdog.

This game will not make or break the season for either team.
TopCat Wrote:No now lets let HC think they are the favorite. Bell likes being the underdog.

This game will not make or break the season for either team.

You are correct. Bell is looking for another state title.
I thought this thread could use some good ole friendly SMACK!!!....:biggrin:

[IMG][/IMG]

I support my Black Bears 100%.....I believe in them! .....and in the talent and intellegence that has carried them throught this winning season!...they play hard and play smart!

so I say...

HC BLACK BEARS take this one in a knock down drag out fight!...
:redboxer: ...for the right to strutt!...lol...Confusednicker:

...And in all seriousness!...I hope NOONE gets injured!... :Thumbs:
sandrailman Wrote::please: First thing can bell stop the three headed monster's ? Second were going to change log mountian's name this year to the BIG KINDLIN PILE after the bears chew up them there logs . 1 aginst 3 i Think ill take HC

Sure hope you guys really think all we have is Davenport...Oslonian has accounted for 18 td's, Polly has accounted for 7 td's with limited touches, and a ton of 2 pt conversion runs, Tyler green has 7 receiving td's on only 17 receptions, the defense has been swarming around the football, the move of Polly to LB has made the Bell defense so much stronger, IMO. So please, by all means..put 100% effort into stopping Davenport Friday :eyeroll:
"King of the Mountain" refers to who is sitting on the throne at the given moment. Right now that is Bell. At the end of the week it could be HC. But until we win we are the Princes.......just not Fresh Princes and this is not Bell Air. But make no mistake.....if we win we are Kings! Belfry and Breathitt will have to do just like HC and come take it :yikes:
i would love to see Harlan roll in to the cam an see the pirates come to harlan..That would be a great game an good football atmosphere ..the only way belfry an bell will play would be state championship game....
^
Whitley played Belfry back to back years and i thought it was a great matchup and atmoshpere.
I would love to see more far EKY teams such as Belfry come to the west side of the mountains and play a Bell, Rock, or Corbin every year.
Great games IMO.
Granny Bear Wrote:This was on the OLD Bell County field, I believe.

Cawood played the first game on the new Bell field in 1984 and won.
I'm thinking about missing senior night for this one...
the last time I went to long mountain it was with the Commodores and it wasn't a fun trip lol
This one could shape out to be a good one if Harlan County can key in on Davenport.
I think if they try to spread it around and let him get his as it comes to him it could be a long night.
But I honestly just don't see the Bobcats dropping this one.
Bear_Paw Wrote:"King of the Mountain" refers to who is sitting on the throne at the given moment. Right now that is Bell. At the end of the week it could be HC. But until we win we are the Princes.......just not Fresh Princes and this is not Bell Air. But make no mistake.....if we win we are Kings! Belfry and Breathitt will have to do just like HC and come take it :yikes:

No disrespect to HC, but I'd say Belfry is second to Bell in the mountains. The two years HC and Bell has played, Bell's put a good old fashioned country style whuppin on 'em, and if I was a betting man, I'd be willing to bet had HC and Belfry played, Belfry would've done the same thing.
HC's defense has given up almost 700 yds of total offense, 32 first downs and 54 points the past 2 weeks combined to Whitley Co and Perry Co.. Also 4 weeks ago they gave up 330 yds rushing to a kid from GRC along with 36 points.. Letcher Co actually put up quite a few yds also without Logan Johnson. but only scored 12 points.. I hate to point out the obvious, but the HC defense does not resemble the dominant (filthy animal) defense of a year ago. The offense on the other hand is clicking on all cylinders and I believe if they mix a few passes in with their run game, enough to keep Bell from just simply packing 10 men in the box all night they should put up a lot of points on Bell also. I hope the bears defense figures something out between now and Friday, but I actually look for this to be a wild shootout!! I hate to make a pick against the Black Bears, I hope they bring it and prove me wrong, but I believe Bell scores too many points to overcome.

Bell - 41
HC - 34
Da Bears......:poker face:
This Very well may be the best Game of an already
great season.
Harlan county I predicted would Eventually be Top Dawg
in the mountains.
GREAT COACH .FAN SUPPORT
excellent middle school Feeder programs with very talented
incoming atheletes. and Even Moreso in their Future.
But beating Bell may Not be this season...And The
only reasoning I have is that Bell County
Had a MUCH tougher scheduling from the getgo.
Bell County has had problems against the pass.
But is more than up to the challenge against the Harlan countys run.
Harlan county will keep it close the first half maybe even
hold a slim lead.
But as soon as Bell county gets ahead Harlan County which
are not used to being in this situation If they Panic and force things
Bell county could very well win in a blowout.
Otherwise if they keep it a good game for 3 quarters.
anything can happen.
But remember we are just one season away from a 35-0 win
by the Bobcats at HARLAN COUNTY.
Harlan County has confidence..Coaching..Size..speed and Great fan support.
Bell County has tradition..Pride..mental toughness and home field.
Log Mountain will most certainally be the place for anyone who LOVES
football will want to be and not just mountain football But HIGH LEVEL
High school Football.
Bell County by 6
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next