Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Somerset-14 vs Hazard-0
jackbenimble Wrote:You get in the red zone 5 times and you don't throw it in the endzone once,There's a problem with your play calls.Too many playmakers on the outside not to be able to score from that close or at least give them a chance to make a play.Hazard's defense played great but their offensive play calling killed their chances to win this game.

They did throw it in the red zone a few times. It seems like Hazard's quarterback seemed to struggle throwing short passes or when he was on the run. Most of the passing plays that hurt Somerset were on fades or deep passes across the middle. When the Bulldogs got in the red zone they skipped a lot of short passes and Somerset did a lot better job of getting pressure on the quarterback as well. The one interception by the Briar Jumpers came when Alex Lange got a bunch of pressure on the Bulldog quarterback and forced him to throw it before he wanted to.
ekff Wrote:Did you not read my whole post.. I said Hazard DIDN'T get cheated....

I only quoted the part about them getting unsportsmanlike's because of the refs. Then I showed how they got those penalty's.

You must be butt hurt because of the avatar your about to have to put up.
jackbenimble Wrote:You get in the red zone 5 times and you don't throw it in the endzone once,There's a problem with your play calls.Too many playmakers on the outside not to be able to score from that close or at least give them a chance to make a play.Hazard's defense played great but their offensive play calling killed their chances to win this game.

And none of it had to do with Somerset's defense?? Just asking cause I was not there??
PEOPLESCHAMP Wrote:I only quoted the part about them getting unsportsmanlike's because of the refs. Then I showed how they got those penalty's.

You must be butt hurt because of the avatar your about to have to put up.

Nah.. I'm not BUTT-HURT... LOL it's all for fun... it's just a picture...
They didn't throw one ball up to their big receivers in the red to make a play.You can only put that on the offensive coach.
hitemup Wrote:And none of it had to do with Somerset's defense?? Just asking cause I was not there??

I can remember maybe 2 or 3 good plays in the redzone by Somerset... The block FG that was ran back for a TD was a big play.... #8 Wilson put a BIG hit on Bj Combs in the endzone to jar the ball out.... Hazard just kept shooting themselves in the foot with stupid penalties and dropped balls...

But there was one GREAT play Hazard made the whole game and I'll ask to see if someone would put it up on youtube... Zach Blanton (Hazard) jumped over a kid standing straight up....
jackbenimble Wrote:They didn't throw one ball up to their big receivers in the red to make a play.You can only put that on the offensive coach.

Trust me people in Hazard have been saying stuff about the Offensive Coach for the last few years... And Hazard was scoring in the 40 every game last year... But he does do a lot of questionable play calling..... I mean they couldn't guard Jordan Olinger the whole game he make all kinds of big catches in the first half,,, which a few of them did get called back, one play that did kill me was Olinger's big catch for about 40 yds got called back on a false start flag... Sabo didn't throw the flag until the 40 yd pass was over.... False Start... after the play really...
^ That was awesome!
ekff Wrote:Trust me people in Hazard have been saying stuff about the Offensive Coach for the last few years... And Hazard was scoring in the 40 every game last year... But he does do a lot of questionable play calling..... I mean they couldn't guard Jordan Olinger the whole game he make all kinds of big catches in the first half,,, which a few of them did get called back, one play that did kill me was Olinger's big catch for about 40 yds got called back on a false start flag... Sabo didn't throw the flag until the 40 yd pass was over.... False Start... after the play really...

Sabo was the back judge, he didnt make that call. And it wasnt false start, it was illegal formation. 5 men in the back field.
No where close to right.
PEOPLESCHAMP Wrote:Sabo was the back judge, he didnt make that call. And it wasnt false start, it was illegal formation. 5 men in the back field.
No where close to right.

I think Sabo threw 2 flags all night, pass interference against Somerset after Olinger made a great catch, and a defensive hold against Somerset on 4th down late in the game giving Hazard a fresh set of downs. If anything I think you all need to send him another check.
PEOPLESCHAMP Wrote:Sabo was the back judge, he didnt make that call. And it wasnt false start, it was illegal formation. 5 men in the back field.
No where close to right.

No it was False Start I was in the press box.... I meant to say Suds anyways....

But I know they called False Start...100% sure.. that was also the play that the refs tried to move Hazard 6 yds and the PA called them out...
PEOPLESCHAMP Wrote:I think Sabo threw 2 flags all night, pass interference against Somerset after Olinger made a great catch, and a defensive hold against Somerset on 4th down late in the game giving Hazard a fresh set of downs. If anything I think you all need to send him another check.

Confusednicker:

Who the heck is this Sabo guy? I've read nothing but complaints about his reffing for 2 years now, at least.
PHSForever Wrote:Confusednicker:

Who the heck is this Sabo guy? I've read nothing but complaints about his reffing for 2 years now, at least.

A young guy from Perry Central... He's not the worst ref.... but the crew he calls with isn't that good together...
PEOPLESCHAMP Wrote:I think Sabo threw 2 flags all night, pass interference against Somerset after Olinger made a great catch, and a defensive hold against Somerset on 4th down late in the game giving Hazard a fresh set of downs. If anything I think you all need to send him another check.

You didn't watch the same game... Sabo threw 2 unsportsmans on Hazard... one on Bj Combs and one on a coach..... Which Bj Combs was the right call
ekff Wrote:Trust me people in Hazard have been saying stuff about the Offensive Coach for the last few years... And Hazard was scoring in the 40 every game last year... But he does do a lot of questionable play calling..... I mean they couldn't guard Jordan Olinger the whole game he make all kinds of big catches in the first half,,, which a few of them did get called back, one play that did kill me was Olinger's big catch for about 40 yds got called back on a false start flag... Sabo didn't throw the flag until the 40 yd pass was over.... False Start... after the play really...

They didn't just quit throwing the ball to him. Somerset's coaches moved Storm Wilson from safety over on Olinger. He was very quiet after that. Also, Will Lange, who had been out all season with a hip flexor injury saw his first action of the season tonight. He did a nice job on Olinger as well when Storm wasn't covering him in the second half. Early on though the Briar Jumpers had no answer from him.
ekff Wrote:No it was False Start I was in the press box.... I meant to say Suds anyways....

But I know they called False Start...100% sure.. that was also the play that the refs tried to move Hazard 6 yds and the PA called them out...

The signal is the same as false start. It looks like a travel in basketball. TRUST ME it was illegal formation and it was called by the head linesman. The guy on the chains. Spudds is the white hat he just relays all the other refs calls to everyone. There is no way the Referee can make that call, only the side guys.

This is Sabos first full year of varsity I dont think youve heard bad things about him for years now. Since this is week 4? At least/
ekff Wrote:No it was False Start I was in the press box.... I meant to say Suds anyways....

I didn't see him hold his hand up before giving the procedure penalty which is usually what denotes a false start. He simply made the procedure motion which would be a formation call.
ekff Wrote:You didn't watch the same game... Sabo threw 2 unsportsmans on Hazard... one on Bj Combs and one on a coach..... Which Bj Combs was the right call

Wrong again. I meant during play. He threw on #21 and #70. No coaches. That was the line judge.

But really the only problem I had with Sabo tonight was the unsportsman on the Hazard Coach,,,, Because I watched the Perry/P'Burg game he did and he let the Perry Coach half way on the field the whole game and Hazard coaches where behind the line... but they were talking shit tho... LOL
ekff Wrote:I can remember maybe 2 or 3 good plays in the redzone by Somerset... The block FG that was ran back for a TD was a big play.... #8 Wilson put a BIG hit on Bj Combs in the endzone to jar the ball out.... Hazard just kept shooting themselves in the foot with stupid penalties and dropped balls...

But there was one GREAT play Hazard made the whole game and I'll ask to see if someone would put it up on youtube... Zach Blanton (Hazard) jumped over a kid standing straight up....

That was a great play.
PEOPLESCHAMP Wrote:Wrong again. I meant during play. He threw on #21 and #70. No coaches. That was the line judge.

Dude I have it on Paper... I know what happen I was helping Hazard in the Press Box for the first half...

Line Judge got a Hazard coach later...
Congrats to Somerset on the victory.
ekff Wrote:Dude I have it on Paper... I know what happen I was helping Hazard in the Press Box for the first half...

Line Judge got a Hazard coach later...

Nope, he threw it but it wasnt called. Spuds waived it off. There was 2 penaltys on that play, only the block in the back was marked off.

The line judge threw the flag on butch early on the punt. That was the only actual unsportsmanlike called on the coaches.
IMO Hazard had the more talented athletes. Olinger was a stud, and that #9 is going to be a hell of player. The better team they were not. It's not like Somerset came in and played awesome to beat you guys and it's not like you guys just gave us the game. Somerset got the TD on the blocked kick, and then grinded out the win on defense when they were obviously not playing their best on offense. Lange was struggling, Gadberry was having a tough time, we had trouble moving the ball in the first half. Then the Jumpers defense took over in the 2nd. Somerset had a few attempts in the red zone without any points also, a missed FG and a bobbled snap on a FG. As for the penalties, one of our OL got an unsportsmanlike late in the 1st half I think when he was driving his man into the pile well after the whistle. His teammates got onto him, and that was it. Hazard had repeated unsportmanlikes and personal fouls. You have to be disciplined to beat a good team and sometimes the only thing separating two teams is the discipline factor (i.e. Somerset vs. Belfry last year).
When you've got two guys making worst calls than Spud,you've got a bad crew.The two refs that were in front of both benches were terrible.The umpire and back judge didn't make many calls.
Ok I cant take it anymore. Im logging off after this though so I dont get in trouble.

EKFF, I dont know who this guy is to know so much about the game. I think he must be one of the other officials, or a coach or something. But everything he has said has been right.
Oh, and tonight was my 6th Varsity game. I dont think theyve been trashing me for years. Now maybe in 3-4 more years that will be true!! LOL
csabo17 Wrote:Ok I cant take it anymore. Im logging off after this though so I dont get in trouble.

EKFF, I dont know who this guy is to know so much about the game. I think he must be one of the other officials, or a coach or something. But everything he has said has been right.
Oh, and tonight was my 6th Varsity game. I dont think theyve been trashing me for years. Now maybe in 3-4 more years that will be true!! LOL
Sorry Sabo...maybe I have your name confused with someone else, or a different sport. You call baseball games too? I just thought I had heard your name on another thread or maybe in another sport's forum.
csabo17 Wrote:Ok I cant take it anymore. Im logging off after this though so I dont get in trouble.

The world may never know.
Somerset didn't have anybody that could stop Olinger or Johnson on the outside,the offensive coach just refused to throw them the ball.Johnson got one pass,Olinger didn't get any.If you coach and try to please everybody on offense you lose games you should win.
They may not have had any single person that could stop Olinger, but they did have something that could shut him down. It's called a pass rush, and in the 2nd half that's what did them in. The Hazard QB was never the same after the pick when he got drilled.