Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Somerset-14 vs Hazard-0
Final from Daniel Field.

Turnovers and penalties killed the Dawgs tonight .5 Turnovers. (4 fumbles and 1 Int) and 125 in penalty yards.

Congrats Jumpers.
Congrats Somerset
MVP2 Wrote:Final from Daniel Field.

Turnovers and penalties killed the Dawgs tonight .5 Turnovers. (4 fumbles and 1 Int) and 125 in penalty yards.

Congrats Jumpers.

From what I heard on the radio, it seemed like Somerset has a lot of penalties as well!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Somerset is the real deal this year and I think this showed that! Looks like efkk will now be sporting a Perry Central avatar!! :biggrin:

Congrats Jumpers!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
only one offensive touchdown the whole game! i though it would be more highscoring, oh well they both have good defenses
congrats to the jumpers
mikehancho25 Wrote:only one offensive touchdown the whole game! i though it would be more highscoring, oh well they both have good defenses

I thought the game would be a high-scoring affair as well but its hard to score when you turn over the ball.
Had 5 turnovers and still held Somerset to 14 points? That's impressive.

Congrats Jumpers!
congrats somerset
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Had 5 turnovers and still held Somerset to 14 points? That's impressive.

Congrats Jumpers!

Well Somerset had three turnovers and a few penalties themselves. It was just a sloppy game all around. Hazard was the more athletic team, Somerset was more disciplined. Both teams will be fine going forward. Storm Wilson looked to have gotten a concussion on that big hit on Hazard's WR near the end zone. Don't know if he'll be ready to go next week or not. Nobody can say it wasn't a hard hitting game.
leecoukfan Wrote:Somerset is the real deal this year and I think this showed that! Looks like efkk will now be sporting a Perry Central avatar!! :biggrin:

Congrats Jumpers!!

It's going to be beautiful.
Terrible refs in this game,they made this game bad from the start.
Aslan Wrote:When's the last time Hazard was shutout?

The last time they were shutout was againt Harlan on August 25th, 2006. Harlan won 34-0.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Very impressive to keep the Dawgs off the scoreboard
Very bad play calls in the red zone the entire game.This was a game that Hazard should have won,they were the better team.
jackbenimble Wrote:Very bad play calls in the red zone the entire game.This was a game that Hazard should have won,they were the better team.

Evidently they were not. They lost.
This was the worst I've seen Hazard look since 2006.... Hazard players and coaches didn't show up really tonight... Somerset scored first TD on a blocked FG...

This was just very very very UGLY.... Somerset didn't look too good also, Hazard had 3 INT's on Somerset..

But the stories of this game was FLAG'S and REDZONE.....

Hazard had 4 turnovers in the redzone and a blocked FG... I'm not saying Hazard got cheated because they didn't but the refs did make a few bad calls and Hazard players and coaches then got unsportsman called..... I believe 4 times (2 players, 2 coaches)...

Hazard just looked like $hit... I just guess it was a good day to play Hazard.... IMO: Hazard was better.... Perry and Breathitt will both beat Somerset
Hazard had every chance in the world to win this game. They had the ball inside the 20 at least 5 times without a score. Turn overs and stupid penalty's absolutely killed them. It seemed like after they got down they started getting hit with personal foul calls. 2 different players and the coach had unsportsmanlike penalty's. Just a real undisciplined showing by the bulldogs.

I dont think Somerset showed their best stuff either, they didnt look like a top team in the state. They also had quiet a few turnovers, and only one score late in the game. Maybe both teams defenses were just solid. But I expect the Bulldogs to score often when I watch them play and tonight it just didnt happen.
I hope #8 has a speedy recovery, he laid one of the biggest hits ive seen this year causing an incompletion at a key moment late in the game.
Also that was a very nice on side kick by Somerset, I dont think anyone on the hill expected that.
ekff Wrote:This was the worst I've seen Hazard look since 2006.... Hazard players and coaches didn't show up really tonight... Somerset scored first TD on a blocked FG...

This was just very very very UGLY.... Somerset didn't look too good also, Hazard had 3 INT's on Somerset..

But the stories of this game was FLAG'S and REDZONE.....

Hazard had 4 turnovers in the redzone and a blocked FG... I'm not saying Hazard got cheated because they didn't but the refs did make a few bad calls and Hazard players and coaches then got unsportsman called..... I believe 4 times (2 players, 2 coaches)...

Hazard just looked like $hit... I just guess it was a good day to play Hazard.... IMO: Hazard was better.... Perry and Breathitt will both beat Somerset

Hazards coach (wasnt the head) got an unsportsmanlike for cussing the ref as he ran down the field after an obvious running into the kicker.
#70 got his for pushing a player in the back after the play was over.
#21 got his for bad mouthing a ref on the field after a turnover.

Say what you want, but I dont think the refs had anything to do with a 14-0 score. Turnovers is the only thing this game can be blamed on.
Congrats Somerset!
PEOPLESCHAMP Wrote:Hazards coach (wasnt the head) got an unsportsmanlike for cussing the ref as he ran down the field after an obvious running into the kicker.
#70 got his for pushing a player in the back after the play was over.
#21 got his for bad mouthing a ref on the field after a turnover.

Say what you want, but I dont think the refs had anything to do with a 14-0 score. Turnovers is the only thing this game can be blamed on.

Did you not read my whole post.. I said Hazard DIDN'T get cheated....
Hazard has a very nice team, they were their own worst enemy tonight. They had Somerset on the ropes but to the Briar Jumpers credit they bowed their necks and would not let the Bulldogs in the end zone when it counted. A lot of that came down to discipline. Hazard totally lost their cool, both the coaches and the players and that really did them in. Somerset did retaliate a couple of times but for the most part kept their cool. Good teams find a way to win on nights that they aren't at their best. Somerset certainly wasn't at their best tonight and they were playing a good team at a very tough place to play but they found a way to get it done.
Little scoring in this game and Belfry/P-burg was an offense-o-fest... Who'd have thunk it ??

We may all be in Bizarro World now...lol
Somerset's coaching staff deserves a lot of credit as well. They made some really nice adjustments in their pass coverage in the second half that really helped shut the Bulldogs down.
You get in the red zone 5 times and you don't throw it in the endzone once,There's a problem with your play calls.Too many playmakers on the outside not to be able to score from that close or at least give them a chance to make a play.Hazard's defense played great but their offensive play calling killed their chances to win this game.