Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mavericks 122 - Lakers 86 (Western Conference Game 4)
Ballers Wrote:Well I didn't like Bynum from the start, and the play where he elbowed Barea (even though I hate him too) was a thug move.. Move that piece of trash out of L.A..

Artest handled himself better than I thought he would being down 30 +..
Odom showed his true colors too..

Well L.A. fans.. I guess the Lakers will be "just fine" ... Sitting at the house watching the games on their 3728972932.00 dollar couch.. So I wonder if the commercial where Pau and Odom on the couch watching TV is them actually watching the playoffs now that they have been beaten out? Big Grin

I expect Lakers to make some trades and cuts moving forward into next season.. I am not an LA fan, but I would be very pleased to see Howard in LA. He deserves a team that he can win a championship with and I think him and Kobe would be a great combination. Keep Brown, keep Gasol, aquire Howard... Let Bynum, Fisher, Blake, and a few other nobodies go and get someone like Chris Paul.. Then we are talking about a big 3.

This line up would be an all star line up. Kobe, Gasol, Paul, Howard and Odom as your starters then bring Brown and a few off the bench. This group would be tough for years to come even and would extend Kobe's career.
I'd like to see them all together with Phil as their coach. He says he is leaving but get a Howard and someone like Paul and he will change his mind.
Everyone who has watched these NBA playoffs has watched the changing of a great ERA from The Spurs and The Lakers.... What these two teams has done over the last 12 years, no two teams will ever do... But I think the time has come to pass it on... Duncan and Kobe the only thing u two have left is the Hall of Fame!!!!!
^ I'll agree with you on Duncan, but Kobe still has a few productive years remaining.
Stardust Wrote:^ I'll agree with you on Duncan, but Kobe still has a few productive years remaining.

I also agree. All old jokes aside, Kobe still has a few years left.
Big Game Player Wrote:This line up would be an all star line up. Kobe, Gasol, Paul, Howard and Odom as your starters then bring Brown and a few off the bench. This group would be tough for years to come even and would extend Kobe's career.
I'd like to see them all together with Phil as their coach. He says he is leaving but get a Howard and someone like Paul and he will change his mind.

I like it.. With the years of a weathered Kobe coming soon.. He's just not able to pack that team like he has.. With all of the big names moving like that have.. Look for ppl to be more interested in going to L.A. to bring back the dynasty that has now been toppled this year. A lot of the players in the NBA respect Kobe and what he has done.. Next year IMO, they will have a hoss of a team.
Let me add, I truly feel sorry for Kobe.. I feel like he has been humbled and doesn't know what to do..

Time for him to get the paper and pen out and give Howard, Paul, and a few others some calls.
Stardust Wrote:^ I'll agree with you on Duncan, but Kobe still has a few productive years remaining.

Kobe wont ever be KOBE again... It's not there... He will score because he's going to get his shots but He only shot 1 lay up in the 4 games against the Mavs.... I'm sorry all you Kobe Lovers but you have to see it.... His 4th quarter game is gone....
^His shot definitely isn't what it used to be.. But let's be real... He's an All-Star.. 20 points a game AT LEAST.
A solid role player for L.A. too look into - Leandro Barbosa.
Ballers Wrote:^His shot definitely isn't what it used to be.. But let's be real... He's an All-Star.. 20 points a game AT LEAST.

Yeah he will be a All-Star because Fans vote.... He will be an All-Star for 5 more years BUT Duncan was an All-Star this game and shouldn't have been and Jordan with the Wizards was an All-Star and shouldn't have been....

I don't count All-Stars.... It's a joke, Fans are stupid.... And Tim Duncan is my fav. player of all time...
ekff Wrote:Yeah he will be a All-Star because Fans vote.... He will be an All-Star for 5 more years BUT Duncan was an All-Star this game and shouldn't have been and Jordan with the Wizards was an All-Star and shouldn't have been....

I don't count All-Stars.... It's a joke, Fans are stupid.... And Tim Duncan is my fav. player of all time...

:igiveup:
Ballers Wrote:A solid role player for L.A. too look into - Leandro Barbosa.

I agree. Would love to see him on a good team again.
Ballers Wrote:A solid role player for L.A. too look into - Leandro Barbosa.

LeBo is an upgrade at point over DFish.
ekff Wrote:Yeah he will be a All-Star because Fans vote.... He will be an All-Star for 5 more years BUT Duncan was an All-Star this game and shouldn't have been and Jordan with the Wizards was an All-Star and shouldn't have been....

Ko8be bryant is an allstar because he is still top 5 best player in the NBA. And he still is mr 4th quarter.

The mavericks team that beat them is older than the lakers.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Ko8be bryant is an allstar because he is still top 5 best player in the NBA. And he still is mr 4th quarter.

Older, but not "NBA Older" Kobe and Fisher, at least have probably played an extra season or two of playoff, world championship and/or Olympic games. Kobe has been hurt and beat up for years. His 30-something and Dirk's 30-something look very different.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Ko8be bryant is an allstar because he is still top 5 best player in the NBA. And he still is mr 4th quarter.

Kobe fans need to face reality. Yes the Mavericks are a relatively old team - but what did Kobe do in the 4th quarter of the playoff series? He is not Mr. 4th quarter and will never be the go to guy that he used to be. Nobody beats human biology forever and Kobe is well past his peak.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Kobe fans need to face reality. Yes the Mavericks are a relatively old team - but what did Kobe do in the 4th quarter of the playoff series? He is not Mr. 4th quarter and will never be the go to guy that he used to be. Nobody beats human biology forever and Kobe is well past his peak.

Kobe fans? Lol. Ok next ignorant post.

Paul pierce is as old as kobe and is still the one to go to in the 4th. Allen is still as clutch with his age. Your jump shot is the last thing to go.
LWC Wrote:Older, but not "NBA Older" Kobe and Fisher, at least have probably played an extra season or two of playoff, world championship and/or Olympic games. Kobe has been hurt and beat up for years. His 30-something and Dirk's 30-something look very different.

Kobe is just fine. He's not gonna put up 80 ever again. Kobe was not the reason they lost this series. It was lack of support. Gasol was awful. All of them was awful. A few moves and another dominant big man and kobe is back in the finals.
Mr 4th quarter, IMO, is either Dirk Nowitzki or Paul Pierce.
itzAmazing Wrote:Mr 4th quarter, IMO, is either Dirk Nowitzki or Paul Pierce.

I agree with Paul, but Dirk? You can't be a Mr 4th Quarter with no rings.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Kobe fans? Lol. Ok next ignorant post.

Paul pierce is as old as kobe and is still the one to go to in the 4th. Allen is still as clutch with his age. Your jump shot is the last thing to go.
What was his 4th quarter playoff average against the Mavericks. I recall that he had 4 points in game 2 and 5 points in game 3. He could not have had many in last night's blowout loss. I can understand why you do not want to answer the question. It is hard to make your case when you look at the cold, hard stats. Face it, Kobe's playoff performance was a shade worse than his regular season performance and this was not one of his better regular seasons either.
A lot of good posts in this thread.
I hate agreeing with Hoot about Kobe, but I believe he is right. I'm one of the biggest Kobe fans on here, but you have to face reality. He'll average his 20+ for a few more years and hit big shots to win some games, but not near as often as he used to. He's been playing 82 games a year plus the playoffs since he's been 17. His body is just wearing down. It's a wonder how he's still as productive as he is. Lebron passed Kobe last year as the best player in the league, but I still believe Kobe is still a top 15 player in the league.
Ballers, I love the Kobe/Dwight/Paul big three. Changes will definitely be made in Laker land and its very possible that they bring in a superstar or two. I don't see Bynum being a Laker after the trade deadline next year. I don't know if Gasol lost his confidence or was just tired, but it seems that he can no longer be that second scorer the Lakers need. Love Fisher and what he's done for LA, but he just isn't getting it done anymore. He can't guard the quicker guards in the league and his jump shot comes and goes.
ekff, Tim Duncan? Really? lol.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:What was his 4th quarter playoff average against the Mavericks. I recall that he had 4 points in game 2 and 5 points in game 3. He could not have had many in last night's blowout loss. I can understand why you do not want to answer the question. It is hard to make your case when you look at the cold, hard stats. Face it, Kobe's playoff performance was a shade worse than his regular season performance and this was not one of his better regular seasons either.

My post came off a bit rude, Sorry.I meant uniformed. Believe me i would like too see kobe and lebron never win another game. And i also missed your question. I was on my mobile. It was 1 series. There just gonna have to get another good player to help Kobe out. Like another superstar like miami.
I agree to what you said Aslan... I don't think Bynum will be a Laker after the sha-nan-igans he pulled off in the Dallas game.. Not sure if Odom will be either, but I'd put more stock in Odom being there again over Bynum.. I think L.A. needs to start over kinda like the Heat has done this year.. It seems like L.A. has just had the same ole' players forever even if they have been their just for a few years.. You bring in Dwight Howard and a good point guard, this team will turn around in no time.. I know a lot of L.A. fans on here love Bynum but I just don't think he was getting the job done.. Gasol has done better.. Last year he had a hell of a season/post-season.. The way he played last year v.s. this year.. Just not the same guy.. IMO I would probably let him go as well.. Def. let D Fish go because he is taking up some cap space I'm sure of.

I remember watching Gasol last year, fearless, would go to the rack against anyone.. I don't think anyone seen him do that this season.. He played with great charisma last year, and it kills my soul to say it but he was a GREAT player last year..
I wish this would happen..... Bynum to the Spurs for Tony Parker..... Win, win for both teams...... Spurs get the big they need and Lakers get the speed and PG they need....
Wildcatk23 Wrote:My post came off a bit rude, Sorry.I meant uniformed. Believe me i would like too see kobe and lebron never win another game. And i also missed your question. I was on my mobile. It was 1 series. There just gonna have to get another good player to help Kobe out. Like another superstar like miami.

IMO, I'm not much on the role players that L.A. has.. That's why I proposed Leandro Barbosa to come in... Not much on Blake, Fisher, Barnes, Walton, and the list goes on.. Brown I'm fine with... Odom is here and there but is pretty solid at his job..

Jordan wasn't voted an All-Star his last season.
Tracy McGrady turned down his starting spot so MJ could have it.
Aslan Wrote:A lot of good posts in this thread.
I hate agreeing with Hoot about Kobe, but I believe he is right. I'm one of the biggest Kobe fans on here, but you have to face reality. He'll average his 20+ for a few more years and hit big shots to win some games, but not near as often as he used to. He's been playing 82 games a year plus the playoffs since he's been 17. His body is just wearing down. It's a wonder how he's still as productive as he is. Lebron passed Kobe last year as the best player in the league, but I still believe Kobe is still a top 15 player in the league.
Ballers, I love the Kobe/Dwight/Paul big three. Changes will definitely be made in Laker land and its very possible that they bring in a superstar or two. I don't see Bynum being a Laker after the trade deadline next year. I don't know if Gasol lost his confidence or was just tired, but it seems that he can no longer be that second scorer the Lakers need. Love Fisher and what he's done for LA, but he just isn't getting it done anymore. He can't guard the quicker guards in the league and his jump shot comes and goes.
ekff, Tim Duncan? Really? lol.

Aslan, this is the smartest post you've ever had.. LOL....

Yeah, Tim Duncan is the greatest PF to ever play the game hands down.... Been a Duncan fan since Wake Forest...
zaga_fan Wrote:Jordan wasn't voted an All-Star his last season.
Tracy McGrady turned down his starting spot so MJ could have it.

I didnt say he was. ANd i believe it was Vince Carter who turned down the job.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:I didnt say he was. ANd i believe it was Vince Carter who turned down the job.

I was about to say the same thing. Pretty sure it was Vince.