Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Mavericks 122 - Lakers 86 (Western Conference Game 4)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Mavericks win Series 4-0

Dallas Ties a Record with 20 3pt FG Made in a Game

TongueirateSho :Cheerlead :rockon: :Clap: :biggrin:
Congrats Mavs, glad to see the sweep.

Goodbye to the best NBA coach of all time, like him or hate him, he is the best.
MVP2 Wrote:Congrats Mavs, glad to see the sweep.

Goodbye to the best NBA coach of all time, like him or hate him, he is the best.

Couldn't agree more. He's the very best.

But I just wonder if he's really done this time or if he'll come back
If you are Jerry Buss, do you keep it together, or do you rebuild now? They aren't old-old yet, but do you "sell high"
It's not that I hate the Lakers, but....Ah, who am I trying to kid - I HATE THE LAKERS.....
Strikeout King Wrote:Couldn't agree more. He's the very best.

But I just wonder if he's really done this time or if he'll come back
I think if the money is right and right team comes calling he will come back.
LWC Wrote:If you are Jerry Buss, do you keep it together, or do you rebuild now? They aren't old-old yet, but do you "sell high"

Don't know about Jerry Buss, but Magic said the team needs to be broken up and rebuilt.
Stardust Wrote:Don't know about Jerry Buss, but Magic said the team needs to be broken up and rebuilt.

Who do you keep, and who do you ship? This could be a fun thread, but I wont be the one to start it. If someone reads this and wants to start it, I will post away, lol.

Might look bad for a Kings fan to jump on that, lol.
^ Magic flat out dislikes Artest, but would love to replace Pau with DH.
Just like that, a dynasty comes to an end. It was a great run, three straight final appearances and two straight championships. I enjoyed the ride and giving all of you hell, now it's your turn to do the same to me Big Grin.
I do think this team needs to be broken up. There is obviously something going on behind closed doors and because of that this team has lost all its chemistry. The only one safe is Kobe, everybody else is subject to trade. Dwight Howard will be welcomed like a King in LA next year.
Odoms and Bynums plays were thuggish and I hope they get a huge fine, and long suspensions.
Aslan Wrote:Just like that, a dynasty comes to an end. It was a great run, three straight final appearances and two straight championships. I enjoyed the ride and giving all of you hell, now it's your turn to do the same to me Big Grin.
I do think this team needs to be broken up. There is obviously something going on behind closed doors and because of that this team has lost all its chemistry. The only one safe is Kobe, everybody else is subject to trade. Dwight Howard will be welcomed like a King in LA next year.
Odoms and Bynums plays were thuggish and I hope they get a huge fine, and long suspensions.

I truly felt the Lakers should have tried to move Bynum earlier in the season. He is not a free agent is he? I'm just not sure what they can get for him, but I'd take four jock straps and a case of gatorade just to get rid of him!
I didn't think that it would be a blowout but, I pretty much new that Dallas would win this one at home!!
Stardust Wrote:I truly felt the Lakers should have tried to move Bynum earlier in the season. He is not a free agent is he? I'm just not sure what they can get for him, but I'd take four jock straps and a case of gatorade just to get rid of him!

They was going to deal him for Melo, but the owners son didn't want to give up on Bynum just yet. I'd say he'll be part of the trade for Howard next year.
Stardust Wrote:I truly felt the Lakers should have tried to move Bynum earlier in the season. He is not a free agent is he? I'm just not sure what they can get for him, but I'd take four jock straps and a case of gatorade just to get rid of him!

Aslan Wrote:They was going to deal him for Melo, but the owners son didn't want to give up on Bynum just yet. I'd say he'll be part of the trade for Howard next year.

The way this series went, I think the Lakers need to keep Bynum and do something with Gasol!
leecoukfan Wrote:The way this series went, I think the Lakers need to keep Bynum and do something with Gasol!

I just don't believe in Bynum. He plays when he wants and disappears when he wants. The biggest problem I have with his is that you can count on him missing 15 games plus per season for injuries (real or feigned).
Talk about a beat down..lol
Nice cheap shots by Bynum and Odom, real classy. They can watch the rest of the playoffs from home, good riddance. I HATE THE LAKERS.
Stardust Wrote:I just don't believe in Bynum. He plays when he wants and disappears when he wants. The biggest problem I have with his is that you can count on him missing 15 games plus per season for injuries (real or feigned).

IMO, I think that the Lakers should keep Bynum as he is more of an inside presence and 8 years younger than Gasol. Then put Odom in the starting linup, as he is more versatile and can guard bigger players and smaller players, in place of Gasol and then trade Gasol.
The Mavs just flat out spanked the Lakers! And I loved every minute of it. So glad the Mavs sweep the 2-time defending champs.
It's easy to win like a champion, but you also need to know how to lose like a champion.
No need for all that bush league playing after the great run that the Lakers had in the past three or four years. Very disappointing....I hope big Dirk gets him a ring this year.
phoeniXX Wrote:It's easy to win like a champion, but you also need to know how to lose like a champion.
No need for all that bush league playing after the great run that the Lakers had in the past three or four years. Very disappointing....I hope big Dirk gets him a ring this year.

:Thumbs: great post
I was extremely disappointed with the Lakers' class(or lack thereof). Bynum and Odom showed extreme inmaturity. I will always be a Kobe fan, as well as a Phil Jackson fan, but as for the rest of them, they are not on my list.
glad to see Dallas finally beat the Lakers,poor sportsman ship by a few Lakers..
Lakers had an amazing run. I welcome Dwight Howard for either Bynum or Gasol, doesnt matter which we trade. We need a faster point guard as well. regardless, always a Kobe/Phil/Laker fan. Now I hope the best shooting big man and my all-time favorite point guard in his prime (Kidd) get a ring. Its odd...Im not has upset about the Lakers losing as I thought I would be. I guess I had time to accept it after game 3 lol.
leecoukfan Wrote:IMO, I think that the Lakers should keep Bynum as he is more of an inside presence and 8 years younger than Gasol. Then put Odom in the starting linup, as he is more versatile and can guard bigger players and smaller players, in place of Gasol and then trade Gasol.

Changes will definitely be made in Laker land and IMO Bynum is gone. It's obvous something is going on behind closed doors and I have a feeling Bynum is part of it. If they do trade for Dwight, Orlando will want the younger Bynum(21) over Gasol(30), plus probably Shannon Brown and a few first round picks. Hopefully Ron too, but I don't think anybody would have him.
geauxtigers75 Wrote:Nice cheap shots by Bynum and Odom, real classy. They can watch the rest of the playoffs from home, good riddance. I HATE THE LAKERS.

:rockon::worthy::Thumbs:
Can you say SPANKED!!!!!
LOL, that was fun. Dalls literally dominated game 4.
Now that ive had my fun bashing the lakers, and especially kobe over the last couple of weeks i too think they need to rebuild.
First off, the lakers will never get rid of Kobe which is smart, however i dont know of anyone else i would want off the lakers.
As someone stated i would trade Gasol for Howard in a heartbeat. Bynum needs to be gone, you can count on him being injured a lot throughout the rest of his career as he already has been. Artest is a joke really. I wish they would send players like him and rasheed off to Europe somewhere. Hes just bad for the game (i.e. Clothesline). Fisher should have already retired im not sure why he still plays and Odom is good at times and not so good at times. I dont really buy the whole "he would be starting for any other team in the nba" like some of the announcers say. The Kardashian might have to move haha.
And so with Kobe, who do you bring in. Kobe and Howard would be a good start, but there going to have to get DEPTH. It killed them this year and will continue to until they get better contributors in there to help kobe. Plus it was obvious the lakers were not getting along. You could see the body language and players taking off there jerseys while still on the court.

But, what if you traded Kobe:yikes:, I know right?
Think about it though. Kobe is getting older and like it or not hes on the backside of his prime, Plus the fact that you could pretty much set up the franchise with 3 to 4 good players from other teams and a whole kudos of draft picks im sure. It just seems like to me getting rid of Kobe for all the valuables you would get for him would be the smart "business" move and would possibly get the best team in the NBA for years to come.
The Lakers need to bring in a good PG and some good bench players, because in that area they suck ass!
Well I didn't like Bynum from the start, and the play where he elbowed Barea (even though I hate him too) was a thug move.. Move that piece of trash out of L.A..

Artest handled himself better than I thought he would being down 30 +..
Odom showed his true colors too..

Well L.A. fans.. I guess the Lakers will be "just fine" ... Sitting at the house watching the games on their 3728972932.00 dollar couch.. So I wonder if the commercial where Pau and Odom on the couch watching TV is them actually watching the playoffs now that they have been beaten out? Big Grin

I expect Lakers to make some trades and cuts moving forward into next season.. I am not an LA fan, but I would be very pleased to see Howard in LA. He deserves a team that he can win a championship with and I think him and Kobe would be a great combination. Keep Brown, keep Gasol, aquire Howard... Let Bynum, Fisher, Blake, and a few other nobodies go and get someone like Chris Paul.. Then we are talking about a big 3.
Pages: 1 2 3