•  Previous
  • 13(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle County @ Corbin (State Semifinals)11/23
64SUR Wrote:Made it to practice after all Corbin was looking like Unfinished Business tonight :Cheerlead

I was going to swing by and got caught up at Walmart and everywhere else. So it was a good pregame tonight?
Hound05 Wrote:Do you mean this year? Or the only one ever?

I’m told the only one ever, the 1100 LB club is something very few high school players ever achieve.
Benching 405 in High School is just very,very rare. I watched the broadcast last week he was playing guard and basically picked up Belfrys 330 pound nose guard and slammed him 5 yards down field. I noticed Smith has him playing every down on both sides. Did Smith just start that for playoffs?
Smith told me a while back,he actually was in the 1300 pound club. I don’t remember but I think he said he cleaned 325 or so. I was getting numbers for a Coach but don’t remember exacts.
Hound05 Wrote:I was going to swing by and got caught up at Walmart and everywhere else. So it was a good pregame tonight?

I got to Walmart around 5.00 got the last ticket for a 65” tv and was out by 6.30 with my tv in the back of the truck heading down I-75 to Campbell field. One of the best pregame practice I ever experience. Haddix coaching staff is topnotch, Corbin is ready unfinished Business :Cheerlead
Football Scout Wrote:Benching 405 in High School is just very,very rare. I watched the broadcast last week he was playing guard and basically picked up Belfrys 330 pound nose guard and slammed him 5 yards down field. I noticed Smith has him playing every down on both sides. Did Smith just start that for playoffs?

I think Last week may have been the first time he’s played both ways all season. His conditioning is phenomenal he doesn’t ever seem to get tired.
Football Scout Wrote:Smith told me a while back,he actually was in the 1300 pound club. I don’t remember but I think he said he cleaned 325 or so. I was getting numbers for a Coach but don’t remember exacts.

You may be right about the 1300 LB club, I was told 1100 before the season started, and one of the players told me that.
Football Scout Wrote:Smith told me a while back,he actually was in the 1300 pound club. I don’t remember but I think he said he cleaned 325 or so. I was getting numbers for a Coach but don’t remember exacts.

Corbin has a 155lb tackle name David and we all know what happen to Goliath :letsfight:letsfight:letsfight:letsfight

I messaged one of the players and he said that he was pretty sure Kelly was in the 1300 LB club, so I’d say you’re right about that.
FoSho Wrote:I posted something similar to this about he same time last week for the Boyle Co vs Belfry game.

I am in a good place mentally. I'm Thankful on this Thanksgiving Day for my family and I'm looking forward to the big game tomorrow evening. I am confident but not overconfident which is how we should all be as fans. I have nothing against the Hounds or their faithful and my main concern for the game tomorrow is that all of these kids that lay it on the line for their team, fans, school and community make it thru this game without injury. There has been too many injuries this year in our state and I pray these boys have a blast making memories with their teammates and do so in one piece.

Football is a great game and I can't wait to take in this atmosphere tomorrow night and root on the Rebels. Safe travels to all Rebel Nation making the trip south.

Go Rebels!
I'm in a bad place mentally.
pjdoug Wrote:I'm in a bad place mentally.

You might need to take a rest on bgr Confusederiously:
64SUR Wrote:Made it to practice after all Corbin was looking like Unfinished Business tonight :Cheerlead

Will they be finished tomorrow night?

Jack Lambert Wrote:I’m told the only one ever, the 1100 LB club is something very few high school players ever achieve.

I meant the 1200 lb club, after doing a little digging I was told Kelly was in the 1200lb club as a sophomore.
64SUR Wrote:You might need to take a rest on bgr Confusederiously:
might.
64SUR Wrote:I got to Walmart around 5.00 got the last ticket for a 65” tv and was out by 6.30 with my tv in the back of the truck heading down I-75 to Campbell field. One of the best pregame practice I ever experience. Haddix coaching staff is topnotch, Corbin is ready unfinished Business :Cheerlead

It was actually very calm there. Not what I expected. I left and was coming to the field but I decided to come home and play with my gadgets like a kid haha. That’s good though, and yes they are. I hope you’re right. I had a bad feeling about the stretch we had with MF and Beechwood. I thought we’d lose 1 of them. I don’t really have a bad feeling about this game. Am I a little worried? Absolutely! If any fan- not players- said they weren’t a little worried on either side they’re lying. But the kids all week while I as at the school and field house seemed very confident, but knew it would be a tough test. That’s what you want. Confident, but not over confident about it. It’ll take an almost perfect game for either side to come out.
Hounds 35-28

Half time probably around 14-7
Even though I’ve read what seems like a thousand reasons why Corbin is going to win this game, and believe it or not there were times y’all almost had me convinced, but I’m still going with my early predictions of Boyle 45 - Corbin 28, this has been one of the most informative and civil threads I’ve been involved in all year hats off to you Corbin fans some of you really know your football, It’s going to be a great atmosphere for high school football this evening and I can’t wait.
Corbin fans to busy hiring a Whitley coach and most importantly deep down they are very uneasy about tonight.
Cattleman Wrote:Corbin fans to busy hiring a Whitley coach and most importantly deep down they are very uneasy about tonight.
I hope it's a title town coach they are worried about Confusednicker:
Jack Lambert Wrote:Even though I’ve read what seems like a thousand reasons why Corbin is going to win this game, and believe it or not there were times y’all almost had me convinced, but I’m still going with my early predictions of Boyle 45 - Corbin 28, this has been one of the most informative and civil threads I’ve been involved in all year hats off to you Corbin fans some of you really know your football, It’s going to be a great atmosphere for high school football this evening and I can’t wait.
I'm not sure yet if I'll go or not. Have a safe trip.
pjdoug Wrote:I'm not sure yet if I'll go or not. Have a safe trip.

Thanks Doug, I hope you get to come.
Jack Lambert Wrote:Even though I’ve read what seems like a thousand reasons why Corbin is going to win this game, and believe it or not there were times y’all almost had me convinced, but I’m still going with my early predictions of Boyle 45 - Corbin 28, this has been one of the most informative and civil threads I’ve been involved in all year hats off to you Corbin fans some of you really know your football, It’s going to be a great atmosphere for high school football this evening and I can’t wait.

Don’t know what you’ve been reading. Everything I’ve seen hasn’t given corbin a chance. From message boards to local papers, everyone’s got Boyle.
FootballFan1999 Wrote:Don’t know what you’ve been reading. Everything I’ve seen hasn’t given corbin a chance. From message boards to local papers, everyone’s got Boyle.

On this thread, and forum there are way more Corbin fans than Boyle fans, and yes I was talking about this thread not the other forum most of you guys hate, or the local newspaper, and on this thread most of the people are picking Corbin. Once again I was talking about what I have read on this Thread and no where else.
The pick em contest has it Boyle 21 times 7 Corbin.
On the other forum around 82% of the voters are picking Boyle, but I’ve learned a lot from the Corbin fans about their team this week and they’ve backed it up with facts and There’s been times this week that I’ve wonderd if Boyle may be in trouble tonight, I’m trying to be honest and respectful.
Appreciate your comments. I like to imagine I’m talking to the real Jack Lambert
Who Ya With!
Jack Lambert Wrote:On the other forum around 82% of the voters are picking Boyle, but I’ve learned a lot from the Corbin fans about their team this week and they’ve backed it up with facts and There’s been times this week that I’ve wonderd if Boyle may be in trouble tonight, I’m trying to be honest and respectful.

There are a lot of factors that favor Corbin. Home field is one of them; their fan base is crazy and act out down there. Personally, I LOVE that!! I also love Belfry fans, so what do I know?

Boyle has a long trip, that will impact them at the first of the game, IMO.

Corbin is also healthy and they will never ever quit!! Great work ethic.

I don't know as much about Boyle; however, I have researched the snot out of them this week. From what I have read and watched, I believe Boyle will win the game.

If you check my Pick'Em list, I have chosen Boyle by 1 point. Given the factors I listed for the Hounds, that's how close I believe this game will be.

Good luck to both teams for an injury free contest. It's gonna be a good 'un!!!

Safe travels for all you guys. I remember many many times traveling trough the fog for a 6 hour drive! Love those memories.
If 18 points is a blowout, then I call it a blowout. Rebels traveled to Belfry and doubled them up. Boyle has speed and I questioned them stopping Belfry enough to win. Corbin's run game is not Belfry and I think they match up with enough speed to handle what Corbin has to offer.
Be careful about the fake news polls, :Cheerlead Red wave is coming
  •  Previous
  • 13(current)
  • Next