Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LCC Cougars are back on the prowl !!!
:theman: Well boys and girls of the mountains it looks like the LCC Baby Cougars are back on track. The 8th graders jumped back in the drivers seat this week with a HUGE win against Perry County Central's Junior High team by a score of 20-6. They looked like the old snot knocking, helmet popping team that we have grown used to watching this year. They had a little road block a week or so ago when they lost two in a row which was a surprise to a whole bunch of people. Most of those people attributed this to losing a couple of players to injuries and a few scrapes an bruises to others, I for one thought it was the loss of Sergent #43 but obviously I was also wrong. Excuses are just excuses and the boys obviously took all this in stride and bounced back with more enthusiasm than we had even seen early on. Leaders stepped up and filled the void left by Sergent (obvious leader) and found themselves a few new leaders. It's kind of obvious to me that the leader that jumped right into Sergent's shoes is Mr. Cody Conn #5. He is the new Middle linebacker and fullback, is it a coincidence that those positions were the SAME positions that Sergent played???? I for one know that this young man has a very bright future at the next level and that Coach Howard (Junior High) is handing Coach Howard (High School Head Coach) one heck of player on both sides of the ball. Other leaders that appeared to step up is Chris Tyree #22 and man this kid can run the ball. Grant Horn seems to be the leader of the "Big Boys" of the line and the little but spunky QB Caleb Baker does one heck of job getting the offense to run smoothly. Shoot there are to many kids that are wanting to step up and grab leadership by the horns to mention so let's just say that this whole team has surprised everyone this week and we are sure as heck proud of them for what they are doing in the Big Sandy Conference. :rockon:

Oh yeah, the Baby Cougars went over and beat Shelby Valley in the Shelby Valley Bowl today in a game that turned out to be a huge mis-match. The score was 30-0 or something in that range when I left at half-time. I heard from a few parents that Coach Howard had to put the younger 7th graders in the game to keep the score from getting out of hand. I think it ended up being 38-12 or so. They said the starters didn't even play in the 2nd half today. Up next for the Cougars is Belfry coming to town next Thursday.:redboxer:
Messages In This Thread
LCC Cougars are back on the prowl !!! - by Lambert #1 - 09-21-2008, 12:58 AM