Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: LCC Cougars are back on the prowl !!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
:theman: Well boys and girls of the mountains it looks like the LCC Baby Cougars are back on track. The 8th graders jumped back in the drivers seat this week with a HUGE win against Perry County Central's Junior High team by a score of 20-6. They looked like the old snot knocking, helmet popping team that we have grown used to watching this year. They had a little road block a week or so ago when they lost two in a row which was a surprise to a whole bunch of people. Most of those people attributed this to losing a couple of players to injuries and a few scrapes an bruises to others, I for one thought it was the loss of Sergent #43 but obviously I was also wrong. Excuses are just excuses and the boys obviously took all this in stride and bounced back with more enthusiasm than we had even seen early on. Leaders stepped up and filled the void left by Sergent (obvious leader) and found themselves a few new leaders. It's kind of obvious to me that the leader that jumped right into Sergent's shoes is Mr. Cody Conn #5. He is the new Middle linebacker and fullback, is it a coincidence that those positions were the SAME positions that Sergent played???? I for one know that this young man has a very bright future at the next level and that Coach Howard (Junior High) is handing Coach Howard (High School Head Coach) one heck of player on both sides of the ball. Other leaders that appeared to step up is Chris Tyree #22 and man this kid can run the ball. Grant Horn seems to be the leader of the "Big Boys" of the line and the little but spunky QB Caleb Baker does one heck of job getting the offense to run smoothly. Shoot there are to many kids that are wanting to step up and grab leadership by the horns to mention so let's just say that this whole team has surprised everyone this week and we are sure as heck proud of them for what they are doing in the Big Sandy Conference. :rockon:

Oh yeah, the Baby Cougars went over and beat Shelby Valley in the Shelby Valley Bowl today in a game that turned out to be a huge mis-match. The score was 30-0 or something in that range when I left at half-time. I heard from a few parents that Coach Howard had to put the younger 7th graders in the game to keep the score from getting out of hand. I think it ended up being 38-12 or so. They said the starters didn't even play in the 2nd half today. Up next for the Cougars is Belfry coming to town next Thursday.:redboxer:
Lcc With A Big Win
Yea but the Cougars didn't come over to Harlan Co and win did they? The new Harlan Patroits downed the mighty cougars 8 to 6 with out there starters too. They lost their best running back with a knee injury. That was Jordan Turner #5 before leaving the game he was gaining at least 8 yards every run but I have to give them some credit. They're a good team but the Patroits are just better......go PATS...
And the Big Sandy thing don't even matter. Get in a league where you actually play people like the Cumberland Valley conference...Then we'll see how it goes from there to see if there a good team or not..
This has been an AWESOME week here in Cougar Country with two BIG wins over an undefeated Perry Co. on Thursday and Shelby Valley on Saturday. It was good to see the Cougars back in the right state of mind and having fun this week. Coach Howard and his staff have had high expectations for this team since the consolidation took place this summer and I believe this team has not only accepted this challenge but exceeded their expectations, even though there have been a few challenges along the way. I think these Cougars of LCC are determined to be #1 this year. Even if they have to CLAW their way to the top! :wenumber1
:goofy: :goofy: :mad:
bearcountry Wrote:And the Big Sandy thing don't even matter. Get in a league where you actually play people like the Cumberland Valley conference...Then we'll see how it goes from there to see if there a good team or not..
Agreed Griffin...
Please overlook bearcountry, LCC Middle is a great team and in a good conference.
I have seen LCC Middle play and they are a very well coached team and I also have seen the New Harlan team play as well and they too are well coached and both seem to have great teams. GO BLACK BEARS
over look bear country? waya mean there...?
not disrespecting no one i was just saying that new harlan was the better team that thursday night...
Hey Bearcountry your a real winner buddy. If you would take the time to read some of the other posts, I have had nothing but compliments for the Patriots. They were the better team on that one night when our boys played them and I have said that numerous times. It's jerks like you that ruin something fun for people. The Harlan Co./Letcher County rivalry has been fun to this point. I am an adult and I have never said anything negative that would hurt kids feeling but you are going way over the line buddy. I see that BB Claw and I'm sure that MamaBear would not be very proud of a true Bear/Patriot fan bashing other teams and their leagues. And your comment about our conference, we have some really good teams in our conference, maybe not a New Harlan but let's be real, we have Perry Co. Johnson Central, Belfry, Hazard, Breathitt, wait a minute, I'm not going to stoop to your level and that's pretty low buddy. No place for idiots like you on a friendly/family site like this. I have stated more than once that I think the Patriots are probably the best team in the mountains and that I'd like to go watch them play some other good teams, but my friend a score of 8-6 does not by any means make the Patriots superior to the Cougars.
Lambert#1,sometimes kids get on here and say thing they nothin about.you guys have one heck of a Jr. high progrem.so keep the good work up.
Lambert #1 Wrote:Hey Bearcountry your a real winner buddy. If you would take the time to read some of the other posts, I have had nothing but compliments for the Patriots. They were the better team on that one night when our boys played them and I have said that numerous times. It's jerks like you that ruin something fun for people. The Harlan Co./Letcher County rivalry has been fun to this point. I am an adult and I have never said anything negative that would hurt kids feeling but you are going way over the line buddy. I see that BB Claw and I'm sure that MamaBear would not be very proud of a true Bear/Patriot fan bashing other teams and their leagues. And your comment about our conference, we have some really good teams in our conference, maybe not a New Harlan but let's be real, we have Perry Co. Johnson Central, Belfry, Hazard, Breathitt, wait a minute, I'm not going to stoop to your level and that's pretty low buddy. No place for idiots like you on a friendly/family site like this. I have stated more than once that I think the Patriots are probably the best team in the mountains and that I'd like to go watch them play some other good teams, but my friend a score of 8-6 does not by any means make the Patriots superior to the Cougars.

Sometimes people just get carried away on here, I know I have. If you would like to see the Patriots play a good team come to the Unite Bowl at Leslie County (can't remember the date at the moment) It is on a Saturday if you don't have plans we are playing Russell County in the 5th/6th game and Johnson Central in the 7th/8th game. Both teams look to be pretty good! Me or Mama Bear will loan you a Patriots hat just don't tell anyone in Letcher County and your secret is safe with us.
I hope that if it's a kid that they would not be disrespectful to a team that has been our toughest opponent yet. I hope that if it's a kid that they would remember how sore and banged up they were after that game. We came out on top, but all do respect to the Cougars.
Patriot and MamaBear,

Surely it is a kid, kids make kid decisions and this sounds like one for sure. I actually talked to the coach over at Leslie and I think I am going to come over and watch some good football that day. What time do the Patriots play? I hope it's back to back. I watched the boys from Johnson Central play and they are physical and play a whole lot like your boys do. It will be a good game and I can't wait to come watch. I still wish you all could have gotten Bell County to play you over there, that would be a game that I'd travel a ways to watch. Who is Bell County playing now? All I've heard from them is their win over Sebastian by two touchdowns. I wish they were still in your conference, I had no dawg in that fight and I couldn't wait yearly until you guys played, it always shook up the mountains. If you guys are fortunate enough to win your conference are you all checking into the state championship that everyone is talking about? I think you all would be the team from the mountains to go down and shake a few people up. Your size and overall physicality would be hard for some of those pretty, throw ball over the field types to handle, I hope your coach is thinking about it. If your like our program over here is the money to play in such a tourny would be hard to raise. Rock on and keep on winning over that way. When do you all play again? I hate waiting to see who your next victim will be!!!!!
Play Evarts Tuesday and Knox the following Thursday. Wish we could have played Bell also. It's always a barn burner. Knox county handed us one of our two losses last year. They have a good team. Evarts is much improved this year and is not to be over looked. Two days after the Knox game is when they play Johnson Co. over at the Unite bowl. Knox is always a physical game. Hope everyone is healthy for that game for sure. Who do the Cougars play next?
Oh It'll be a slobber knocker at the UNITE BOWL in the feature game. New Harlan and Johnson Central are two of the most physical teams around. FUN,FUN, FUN!!!! And New Harlans 5/6 are not playing Russell County, its just Russell. IVAN MCGLONE's RUSSELL. They're good!!!
bearcountry Wrote:Yea but the Cougars didn't come over to Harlan Co and win did they? The new Harlan Patroits downed the mighty cougars 8 to 6 with out there starters too. They lost their best running back with a knee injury. That was Jordan Turner #5 before leaving the game he was gaining at least 8 yards every run but I have to give them some credit. They're a good team but the Patroits are just better......go PATS...

How is that kid--he looked like he was in terrible pain that night--hope he's okay.
Thanks IRTW,
I will take that as a compliment.

Yea please dont say Russell County, Our boys played in the state baseball tourney in Louisville and all of the programs and stuff for the kids said RUSSELL COUNTY... Thats not us.... So all of our kids took black permanent markers and blacked out COUNTY.. This was a great gift to remember playing in the state tourney... LOL.....
Yea I hope that our Bowl Game is injury free and that we all have a great game..... We travel to Shelby Valley this Saturday to play Belfry 5/6th we will see how it goes for a real test for us.
Good post Lambert. They looked good this week. I noticed that there were several unsung players who stepped up and showed good leadership also. Especially on the offensive line and at several defensive positions. Players who run,catch or throw the ball are always the most obvious and get most of the credit, but as we know many times it is these unsung players that play a crucial role.
I agree Leonardo! I think the Cougars played as a team this week. Several players seemed to step up which made both of these wins seem somewhat effortless. Definitely, what this team needed at this point in the season. I think that they have their heads back on straight and are a force to be reckoned with. Watch out Big Sandy!!!! The Cougars are back!!!!!!!!!!!!
All I have to say is they're back.