Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4 Star recruit Blake Bone will commit today
The University of Kentucky football team landed an important recruiting commitment on Tuesday morning from tall, four-star Woodruff, S.C., wide receiver Blake Bone, who helps bolster the Wildcats in a position of need in their new, pass-heavy offense.

Bone, a 6-foot-5, 185-pound player for Woodruff High, chose the Wildcats over Louisville, South Carolina and Mississippi primarily. He visited U of L and UK on consecutive days this summer.

“I fell in love with South Carolina, my home-state school, but I didn’t think that was necessarily the best fit for me, and I thought UK throws it a lot more there in the Air Raid and has got new coaches and everything,” Bone said in a phone interview. “There are so many opportunities for me to go down there and blossom as a receiver and develop and try to get to my full potential. (Receivers) coach (Tommy) Mainord is a great guy. I think he can develop me and get me where I need to be as a receiver so I can be productive in the offense and hopefully win games in Lexington.”

Bone is ranked as the nation’s No. 47 wide receiver and No. 8 prospect by Rivals.com. He’s UK’s 23rd commitment, including the eighth from a Rivals four-star prospect, in a strong 2014 class. UK’s class remains No. 7 in Rivals’ team rankings.

He is UK’s fourth commitment at that position, joining four-star prospect Thaddeus Snodgrass of Ohio and three-star players Garrett Johnson of Florida and T.V. Williams and Texas. The Cats also have a four-star pledge from Conner High School quarterback Drew Barker.

“That’s really exciting,” he said. “Good players want to go to college and play with other good players. … It’s a great opportunity to get a great quarterback like that to throw the ball to me and to the heck-of-a group of receivers they’ve got coming in.”

Bone had 62 receptions for 1,144 yards and 14 touchdowns last season. He had 1,070 yards and 12 TDs receiving as a sophomore.

“I’m a long, rangy guy,” he said. “I’m a pretty big target to throw to, I guess. I can run downfield and catch the ball over people. I’ve got pretty good hands, and I’m a reliable receiver, a possession receiver. Physically, in my routes, it’s pretty good to have this big frame on me.”
Messages In This Thread
4 Star recruit Blake Bone will commit today - by cuppett777 - 08-29-2013, 01:04 PM