Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 4 Star recruit Blake Bone will commit today
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Four-star wide receiver Blake Bone is planning to announce his college decision Tuesday at noon. His final list includes UK, South Carolina, Ole Miss, Louisville and Georgia Tech.Rivals.com ranks UK with the No. 7 recruiting class in the country heading into Bone's announcement Tuesday."They're recruiting nationally right now," Wommack said. "And to get a player like (Bone) would be a very big get for them."

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2013/08/27/27890...rylink=cpy

YAHTZEE!!!
Any word?
The University of Kentucky football team landed an important recruiting commitment on Tuesday morning from tall, four-star Woodruff, S.C., wide receiver Blake Bone, who helps bolster the Wildcats in a position of need in their new, pass-heavy offense.

Bone, a 6-foot-5, 185-pound player for Woodruff High, chose the Wildcats over Louisville, South Carolina and Mississippi primarily. He visited U of L and UK on consecutive days this summer.

“I fell in love with South Carolina, my home-state school, but I didn’t think that was necessarily the best fit for me, and I thought UK throws it a lot more there in the Air Raid and has got new coaches and everything,” Bone said in a phone interview. “There are so many opportunities for me to go down there and blossom as a receiver and develop and try to get to my full potential. (Receivers) coach (Tommy) Mainord is a great guy. I think he can develop me and get me where I need to be as a receiver so I can be productive in the offense and hopefully win games in Lexington.”

Bone is ranked as the nation’s No. 47 wide receiver and No. 8 prospect by Rivals.com. He’s UK’s 23rd commitment, including the eighth from a Rivals four-star prospect, in a strong 2014 class. UK’s class remains No. 7 in Rivals’ team rankings.

He is UK’s fourth commitment at that position, joining four-star prospect Thaddeus Snodgrass of Ohio and three-star players Garrett Johnson of Florida and T.V. Williams and Texas. The Cats also have a four-star pledge from Conner High School quarterback Drew Barker.

“That’s really exciting,” he said. “Good players want to go to college and play with other good players. … It’s a great opportunity to get a great quarterback like that to throw the ball to me and to the heck-of-a group of receivers they’ve got coming in.”

Bone had 62 receptions for 1,144 yards and 14 touchdowns last season. He had 1,070 yards and 12 TDs receiving as a sophomore.

“I’m a long, rangy guy,” he said. “I’m a pretty big target to throw to, I guess. I can run downfield and catch the ball over people. I’ve got pretty good hands, and I’m a reliable receiver, a possession receiver. Physically, in my routes, it’s pretty good to have this big frame on me.”