Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Corbin
35.09%
Boyle County
64.91%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin vs Boyle (KHSAA 4A State Championship)
(11-28-2022, 10:20 PM)smoke1015 Wrote:
(11-26-2022, 12:48 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Is it true, as one poster has already pointed out, that Haddix is Tom E. 's  daddy?

Sadly,  I fear that Coach Haddix is going to remind Corbin administrators time and time and time again that they made the biggest faux pas in the history of Corbin Redhound football by  running the best young coach in the state out of Corbin. I fear it will end up costing Corbin multiple state titles (has already cost them one)and the continued drought will serve as a constant and bitter reminder of how the good ol' boys sacrificed a potential Title Town for their own bedeviled sense of  an Entitled Town.

I hope that the Corbin youngsters go out next Friday and prove that my fear is nothing more than an irrational fear of an aging, nostalgic old fool who played ball in the sandlots with the likes of John Crawford, Tom E. Greer, David Cox and many more of Corbin's "good ol' boys."  Maybe my opinion of them is skewed by the fact that I remember how fantastically unintelligent they were as kids. All this aside, what can't be denied is the unintelligent decision that was made in chasing Haddix out of town.

I am 100% behind these Corbin kids as they journey to Lexington in search of the school's first varsity state title in 40 years.  It is hard to even type that.... 40 years!!!!  Almost impossible to believe. Mayfield won 12 titles in 38 years. Corbin with NONE in 40 years!!! Thanks a lot, Corbin "elites."

These Corbin kids seem focused and they have a ton of heart. Their leaders on the sidelines let them down last season. Will this season end with making amends or breaking more hearts?  I fear the latter but I beg the universe for the former. 

GO HOUNDS!!!
Haddix could coach there a lifetime and not have a Quisenberry. I've saw almost every player in the state the last 15 years in 3A and 4A and that kid is up there with Vancleave from Danville, with Sloan from Wayne, with the QB from Central 3 years ago, or about anyone else.  I bet your coach could go to Boyle and win state championships too.  This is just my opinion. I saw Haddix lose his kids a state title going against Central in a game they should have won.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Corbin vs Boyle (State Championship) Friday 8 P.M. Dec 2cd - by Corbin - 11-29-2022, 02:32 PM