Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Corbin
35.09%
Boyle County
64.91%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin vs Boyle (KHSAA 4A State Championship)
(11-28-2022, 10:43 PM)BEChargers Wrote:
(11-28-2022, 07:01 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(11-27-2022, 11:53 PM)BEChargers Wrote:
(11-27-2022, 10:49 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Does anyone konw what the single game attendance record is for a KHSAA football finals?

It's above 20,000.  In the old 4 class system there were 4 or 5 4A games between ST. X, Trinity and Male that were over 20K.  26,430 is the biggest ever in the 4A '03 game between Trinity and St. X.  

Under the 6 class system I believe the biggest was 2007 St. X/Trinity at 15696. 

Then 2010 Boyle/Allen County Scottsville at 13,167.

In the 6A system there have only been maybe 4 that busted 10K including the two mentioned above.  

In 2017 when Corbin and Boyle played for the 3A title they had 11,234.  I think the 3rd largest since going to 6 classes. 

These numbers don't include last years games.  Not sure about the attendance numbers for those.

Give me your insight on this game and the BE game Smile

Boyle/Corbin - This one is going to be tough.  I like Boyle by a slim margin for one specific reason.  Boyle's rushing game.  Bodner is tough and Corbin has given up some rushing yards this year against their better competition.  If Corbin can contain Bodner and make Boyle throw they have a better chance.  Losing Cole Sims for the year really hurt.  Another thing that worries me is Tommy Greer is a pretty darn good defensive coach.  He was the DC at Bell when Boyle and Bell played 3 straight state semi final games.  Those games were knock down/ drag outs.  Haddix knows how to get the ball down the field.  His offense against Greer's defense is the game I think.  Should be a good one.  I'll take the Rebels by 7.  

Bullitt East/Male - The old saying goes, Defense wins championships and Offense sells tickets.  For Bullitt East's sake they are going to have to rewrite the old saying.  The Charger offense after playing better teams down the stretch (Male, Manual, Central Hardin, Bryan Station) has actually gotten better by playing those teams.  It's made them better and to be honest, really hard to stop.  Swinney for Male was out the first time they played and BE won by 7 but were ahead by 10-14 most of the game.  They had trouble against Bryan Station's big back and I think Swinney will get his yards.  But unless BE put the ball on the ground a few times I think BE stops Male's O more than Male's D stops the BE offense.  Possibly another high scoring shootout like Bryan Station but I hope not.  Not sure my heart can take it.  I'll take BE by 10.
Thanks. nice assesment.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • BEChargers
Messages In This Thread
RE: Corbin vs Boyle (KHSAA 4A State Championship) - by pjdoug - 11-29-2022, 12:45 AM