Poll: Who Wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
BELFRY
61.90%
Huntington, WV
38.10%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Huntington, WV at Belfry (Pike County Bowl) 8/25/17
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I think Belfry has an uphill climb in this one, but a couple points:

- Yes CM was a 6-5 team last year... but they were a 6-5 team who beat Huntington the very next week

- CM is also considered one of the early top contenders in WV this year coming off that 6-5 team

- That game two years ago was a beatdown, but let's not try to downplay how good that CM team was. That was arguably the best Midland team in school history and even though they didn't win the title they were undefeated until losing to Capital in a game everyone considered an upset.

That Midland team was as dangerous on Offense as they were on Defense and had four guys go on to play D-1 football. Huntington will certainly give Belfry fits with their Offense but traditionally speaking they are not a dominant defensive team.

- Belfry is going to need all the homefield advantage they can get and will need to control the clock. If they can hold on to the ball I think they have a puncher's chance. With that said, if I had to make a prediction I would say Huntington exploits some early season green defenders and beats Belfry 35-17.

That's about what I figured
Messages In This Thread
Huntington, WV at Belfry (Pike County Bowl) 8/25/17 - by 99PIRATEFAN - 08-20-2017, 01:39 AM