Poll: Who Wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
BELFRY
61.90%
Huntington, WV
38.10%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Huntington, WV at Belfry (Pike County Bowl) 8/25/17
Do-double-gg Wrote:Yes but pound for pound Kentucky football is stronger then West Virginia. West Virginia has 4 or 5 schools that are huge and draw from talent all over the state. At the top you have teams like Midland, Capital, South Charleston, Parkersburg and Morgantown then you have a huge drop off after that with everyone else. Kentucky has plenty of huge schools of similar size that would compete with those schools easily. Teams like Trinity, Male, St.Xavier, Lafayette and Scott County just to name a few would not only compete with those schools but are a step or two better most years if you ask me. I can promise you if a Belfry-v- Trinity game happened as strong as Belfry is it would not be close. I would say that Trinity's second team most years would be a strong contender for a title in 3 or 4a most years. Teams like that have so much talent and depth to choose from it's crazy. Most schools in this area have every other year a player or two that might be D1 talent but those Schools like Trinity have that at almost every position on the field. It would be like Belfry going up against an All Star team that has had time to work together and practice every day. That kinda puts things into prospective of what it's like for a small school around here trying to compete with a team like that. Whole different level of football.

I think Kentucky's elite teams would beat West Virginia 's elite teams almost every time.
Messages In This Thread
Huntington, WV at Belfry (Pike County Bowl) 8/25/17 - by Westside - 08-19-2017, 09:16 PM