Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South Floyd on probation...and Some fans get banned
"singingpreacher" Wrote:I have been to SF several times over the last 8 years and in every case the fans are very rude but they are not the only fans who are. Lawrence County, Betsy Layne, Johnson Central, PAINTSVILLE, and many others places in the 15th and 14th region have rude fans. The problem is it is not always the fans . Instead most of the time the problem lies in the referees. For Instance the referees are either calling a one sided game (which is very unprofessional and should cause a referee to be banned permanently) or the referees are not calling the game close enough which allows the game to get much to physical and way out of hand.

Should BL get punished too? As we used to say 'not just yes.' And those players who were involved in trashing the locker room should be suspended for at least two games.

Bad blood between fans almost always is the referees' fault. A referee has the authority to stop the game in order to expell a beligerent fan. He or she can even empty the gym, and if need be he can even order the coaches to keep quite.

This is a game people. 1 out 10,000 of eastern Kentucky kids may go on to the NCAA. We need to support the kids no matter which jersey they wear. In every game I have seen this year I have applauded good moves by players on either side.

It may be that Kentucky needs to put rules in place that require stiff penalties for fans and players who incite riots. But ultimately Mom and Dad are setting the examples, and from the looks of it they are not doing such a hot job. Maybe it is time to put Mom and Dad in the poky for being bad examples - charged with inciting a riot.

:yesno:

Amen to that, Preacher.
Messages In This Thread
South Floyd on probation...and Some fans get banned - by Imnottelling - 01-11-2006, 02:17 PM