Poll: Should John Calipari be fired?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
20.83%
No
79.17%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 9(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Fire Calipari tonight
^^^That's how people who get paid on the taxpayers' dime roll...all at the public trough and always will f@ck every thing up.
I'm serious, name one thing paid for by taxpayers where the people who get the free money don't get lazy and stupid and what they are in charge of doesn't go to sh!t. Nothing, and anyone who argues otherwise is lying and at the trough to continuing to get their free money.
(01-16-2023, 01:49 AM)jetpilot Wrote: I'm serious, name one thing paid for by taxpayers where the people who get the free money don't get lazy and stupid and what they are in charge of doesn't go to sh!t. Nothing, and anyone who argues otherwise is lying and at the trough to continue to get their free money.
(01-16-2023, 01:43 AM)jetpilot Wrote: ^^^That's how people who get paid on the taxpayers' dime roll...all at the public trough and always will f@ck every thing up.
Your statement is way too broad. Overall, I agree with you about government employees, but there are way more exceptions to your stereotype of them for me not to defend those who quietly do their jobs and even spend the night working at the office to meet tight deadlines. The mostly lazy elected politicians and their political appointees fit your description. Most members of our military do not fit your model. 

Mitch Barnhart is a perfect example of an overpaid political employee who gets handsomely rewarded for doing a very bad job. He is Kentucky's version of Anthony Fauci. At least nobody has died yet because of Mitch's incompetence.
Cal & the Boys look like they rediscovered their team chemistry in Knoxville. Love the locker room jubilation.

I think Cal has figured out what I've thought for most of this season- Oscar, Toppin, Frederick, Wallace, and Reeves need to be the Five that play the majority of minutes together on the floor.  

Against UT, the Big Five outscored the Vols 29-11 . All other lineups were outscored 34-45 .

Against UGA , the Big Five outscored the Dogs 37-19 . All other lineups were outscored 48-52.

Gotta play those five together at leat 28-30 minutes a game if possible.   When those five are together on the floor they are more efficient than any team in the country.  

Cal was slow to come around (he's stubborn) but I think he has seen the light. Gotta play the Big Five together. They hve some really good energy together.

[Image: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FmukqSgWQAEQ...me=900x900]
Time for the Cal sympathizers to put on the big red nose and big shoes...almost went to this game and can't imagine how dumb I would feel sitting in Rupp traffic right now with a 2 1/2 hour drive home,,,When do NIT tickets go on sale?
It's time to be brutally honest. This team is just not very good. Aarkansas players were just better. Musselman is good. Made good adjustments. No adjustments from UK. Razors hit 18/25 from the floor, I believe , in the second half. No one's losing hitting that percentage. Again, just not a very good team. Bottomline.

(02-08-2023, 01:38 AM)jetpilot Wrote: Time for the Cal sympathizers to put on the big red nose and big shoes...almost went to this game and can't imagine how dumb I would feel sitting in Rupp traffic right now with a 2 1/2 hour drive home,,,When do NIT tickets go on sale?
Sometimes our best decisions are when we just stay at home.  Besides, you would hve missed a powerful SOTU address if you had gone to that dumb game. I'm sure you felt inspired after that speech. I believe old Joe hs more fire in his balls than Calipari does.
^^^I felt inspired to vomit. Joe doesn't know whether to sh!t or wind his watch...
(02-08-2023, 02:05 AM)jetpilot Wrote: ^^^I felt inspired to vomit. Joe doesn't know whether to sh!t or wind his watch...

LOL .   I used to watch every SOTU address when I was younger but now I just give a passing look  at them. Maybe watch more later on you tube.  I don't know if I have watched an entire address in ten or twelve years.  I find them to be pretentious and basically circus-like.  Not speaking about any one President but just in general.  Politics in this country is an absolute farce. 

Sorry, didn't mean to get off on a tangent but American politics and Kentucky basketball are both a flaming pile of dog poo at this point.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • jetpilot
(02-08-2023, 02:27 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(02-08-2023, 02:05 AM)jetpilot Wrote: ^^^I felt inspired to vomit. Joe doesn't know whether to sh!t or wind his watch...

LOL .   I used to watch every SOTU address when I was younger but now I just give a passing look  at them. Maybe watch more later on you tube.  I don't know if I have watched an entire address in ten or twelve years.  I find them to be pretentious and basically circus-like.  Not speaking about any one President but just in general.  Politics in this country is an absolute farce. 

Sorry, didn't mean to get off on a tangent but American politics and Kentucky basketball are both a flaming pile of dog poo at this point.

A steaming pile of cow dung...figuratively speaking...
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Old School Hound
Jet, I don't know if you noticed it or not but there were some players who were laughing it up on the UK bench with about three or four minutes left and Kentucky down big. I know two of them were Damien Collins and Savhir Wheeler. Not sure if there were any more. There is nothing that "gets my goat" more than players laughing and gesturing when their team is getting drubbed. That kind of attitude does not bode well for future success. It is indicative that they don't really care as much as they should in order to have peak success.

Even if I was inspired by Biden's words( I find very few politicians inspiring... maybe none), I would have a hard time watching the SOTU for an entire hour for having to look at Kamala Harris and Kevin McCarthy the whole time.   Those two broads are so icky, weak and pretentious.
I saw the laughing, pitiful. I just don't care anymore. And I don't like those two politicians either, but Joe is incompetent and corrupt personified. If you would have played the drinking game and taken a shot every time he lied, you would have passed out halfway through the speech.
Give ‘em hell Cal!
Well, at least I'll be able to enjoy the games I choose to watch in the NCAA tournament now. I won't need to try to explain what a back door cut is to 10 players who are on scholarship but can't seem to figure out that play.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Granny Bear's post:
  • jetpilot
(02-11-2023, 05:30 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: Well, at least I'll be able to enjoy the games I choose to watch in the NCAA tournament now.  I won't need to try to explain what a back door cut is to 10 players who are on scholarship but can't seem to figure out that play.
We'll also be able to enjoy watching well-executed plays coming out of timeouts. I have no doubt that if Calipari was coaching high school basketball in Kentucky he would need to recruit to be successful.
Sure, they were short-handed again today but still embarrassing. It's time to face the fact that these guys aren't very good at basketball. Other than Reeves, they can't shoot(been a UK problem for a long time). In addition, I think there is something else wrong with this team. Their psyche sucks and Cal hsn't figured out how to improve their week mental state. The laughing on the bench at the end of the Arkansas game spoke volumes. In addition to not being that great at playing the game, I just don't think they want it very badly. Georgia wanted today's game more than UK did and that is hard to fathom, considering UK almost HAD to have this game to remain in serious consideration for postseason dancing.

On a side note, Mike White is a good coach. UGA better hold on to him.

Sums up the season in about 8 seconds.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1624468203278589954
A caller on the postgame show today made a great point. With a nine-win season, followed by a humiliating loss as a two- seed last year, followed by what looks surely to be another tournament miss this year, what would Mitch Barnhart be doing right now if he didn’t have a coach on a lifetime contract (of his own doing, but that’s beside the point). He’d be making arrangements to hire a new basketball coach.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Van Hagar's post:
  • jetpilot
Kentucky still has all the pieces to make a deep tournament run. All they have to do is lock up an NIT invitation.
Just as a quick addition of salt to the wounds, Keion Brooks is leading Washington this year, averaging 18 points and 7 rebounds a game. And Bryce Hopkins, who was a clear talent that was totally mishandled, is averaging 16 and 9 for Providence and is considered a contender for Big East player of the year.
(02-11-2023, 06:27 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Sure, they were short-handed again today but still embarrassing.  It's time to face the fact that these guys aren't very good at basketball. Other than Reeves, they can't shoot(been a UK problem for a long time). In addition, I think there is something else wrong with this team.  Their psyche sucks and Cal hsn't figured out how to improve their week mental state.  The laughing on the bench at the end of the Arkansas game spoke volumes. In addition to not being that great at playing the game, I just don't think they want it very badly. Georgia wanted today's game more than UK did and that is hard to fathom, considering UK almost HAD to have this game to remain in serious consideration for postseason dancing.

On a side note,  Mike White is a good coach.  UGA better hold on to him.

Old Hound's man crush on Cal has blinded him to reality! blaming it all on the kids, how about face the fact that Cal can't coach. National Player of the Year, Pre season all sec guard,3 more seniors in his rotation and one of the top recruiting classes in the country. The coach is making about 10,000,000 a year and part of his job is to mold his team into some conformity all the way down to the shoes they wear.
(02-11-2023, 07:02 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: Kentucky still has all the pieces to make a deep tournament run. All they have to do is lock up an NIT invitation.
Yeah, and they should get a pretty good seed for the NIT.  lol   Maybe a #1 or #2.

(02-11-2023, 07:36 PM)cherokee Wrote:
(02-11-2023, 06:27 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Sure, they were short-handed again today but still embarrassing.  It's time to face the fact that these guys aren't very good at basketball. Other than Reeves, they can't shoot(been a UK problem for a long time). In addition, I think there is something else wrong with this team.  Their psyche sucks and Cal hsn't figured out how to improve their week mental state.  The laughing on the bench at the end of the Arkansas game spoke volumes. In addition to not being that great at playing the game, I just don't think they want it very badly. Georgia wanted today's game more than UK did and that is hard to fathom, considering UK almost HAD to have this game to remain in serious consideration for postseason dancing.

Old Hound's man crush on Cal has blinded him to reality! blaming it all on the kids, how about face the fact that Cal can't coach. National Player of the Year, Pre season all sec guard,3 more seniors in his rotation and one of the top recruiting classes in the country. The coach is making about 10,000,000 a year and part of his job is to mold his team into some conformity all the way down to the shoes they wear.

Cal isn't exactly doing his best coching job this year but the fact remains he isn't to blame for the plethora of missed shots, careless turnovers and otherwise sorry, uninspired play.  At the end of the day, the players have to make shots and execute. They had a ton of good shots but couldn't throw it in the ocean. Some of these guys may have been pretty highly touted, but they don't look that good to me. Great athlete doesn't always translate to great basketball player. Plus, I think they are pretty soft mentally. Not high basketbll IQ guys.  The talent next year should be better(hopefully).
(02-11-2023, 10:27 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(02-11-2023, 07:02 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: Kentucky still has all the pieces to make a deep tournament run. All they have to do is lock up an NIT invitation.
Yeah, and they should get a pretty good seed for the NIT.  lol   Maybe a #1 or #2.

(02-11-2023, 07:36 PM)cherokee Wrote:

Cal isn't exactly doing his best coching job this year but the fact remains he isn't to blame for the plethora of missed shots, careless turnovers and otherwise sorry, uninspired play.  At the end of the day, the players have to make shots and execute. They had a ton of good shots but couldn't throw it in the ocean. Some of these guys may have been pretty highly touted, but they don't look that good to me. Great athlete doesn't always translate to great basketball player. Plus, I think they are pretty soft mentally. Not high basketbll IQ guys.  The talent next year should be better(hopefully).
“fact remains he isn’t to blame” LOL
The guy making $10 mil a year is always to blame when it goes off the rails. If Cal ever had it, which is debatable, he surely doesn’t have it now.
Dang it OSH you blame Corbin coaches who make a tiny fraction of what Cal makes every time Corbin football loses a game. And Cal has the inside track on all the best players in the world.
Geez.
Corbin has a lot of Final Fours too but you think the coach should be run out of town.
Cal's a con man and an average coach at best.
Tired of hearing we have a good class coming in.
(02-11-2023, 06:58 PM)Van Hagar Wrote: A caller on the postgame show today made a great point. With a nine-win season, followed by a humiliating loss as a two- seed last year, followed by what looks surely to be another tournament miss this year, what would Mitch Barnhart be doing right now if he didn’t have a coach on a lifetime contract (of his own doing, but that’s beside the point). He’d making arrangements to hire a new basketball coach.
Should be making arrangements get a new job. Nobody spending their own money would pay Cal near what he is making and sign a lifetime contract. Barnhardt is an idiot too and should be fired. Anyone who gets their mitts on other people's money turns out to be reckless. I wouldn't hire Barnhardt or Cal to mow my lawn.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Hoot Gibson
During Calipari’s 13 seasons at UK, no coach in the NCAA Tournament has more wins (31), Final Fours (four), Elite Eights (seven) or Sweet 16s (eight).

When Cal starts playing himself at guard and throws up brick after brick after brick, then I'll blame him for alll the missed shots. UK has had plenty of good shots of late but they just can't hit them. They need to invite better shooters to Lexington.  Btw, UT, with better talent than UK, has lost to Vandy and Missouri in the past week. Sh!t happens. Guess what? Vol fans are calling for Barnes' scalp.

Winning cures everything. When Cal's superstars come in next season and go 30-4 in the regular season and claim a #1 seed, you won't hear a peep from Hoot, Jet, Sequoyah, or Grandmama Bear. Winning always quiets dissension.
(03-25-2018, 07:51 PM)RunItUpTheGut Wrote:
rrp Wrote:some of the posts on here represent a few and small % of the miserable uk fans that nothing makes them happy no matter what; when things go wrong well we just quit on the team and coach; did this team frustrate most on here yes it did me as well but did i give up nope no matter what happens did we blew a golden chance at a final four yes but again giving up and quitting is just dumb and if you want to be miserable well i guess i cant help you there lol

Absolutely wrong.
You ksr lovers talk like this, when in reality you are by far the minority when you look at the entire fan base. There are a lot more people that think like us then think like you.

Studies have shown it's about 17%.  Fringe.
^^^If you think 83% of the people think Cal is doing a good job I don't know what to tell you.
(02-12-2023, 12:53 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: During Calipari’s 13 seasons at UK, no coach in the NCAA Tournament has more wins (31), Final Fours (four), Elite Eights (seven) or Sweet 16s (eight).

When Cal starts playing himself at guard and throws up brick after brick after brick, then I'll blame him for alll the missed shots. UK has had plenty of good shots of late but they just can't hit them. They need to invite better shooters to Lexington.  Btw, UT, with better talent than UK, has lost to Vandy and Missouri in the past week. Sh!t happens. Guess what? Vol fans are calling for Barnes' scalp.

Winning cures everything. When Cal's superstars come in next season and go 30-4 in the regular season and claim a #1 seed, you won't hear a peep from Hoot, Jet, Sequoyah, or Grandmama Bear. Winning always quiets dissension.

They? You mean CAL.

Winning cures everything?  Well no duh lol. Of course winning will make everyone happy. That is what Cal is paid a fortune to do, and he is failing. Unfortunately, there is nothing that's happened the last 3 years that would back up your wild guess look into your crystal ball for next year. I would be very happy to see Cal magically turn the disaster that he has turned UK basketball into around, but I wouldn't bet a dime on it. If you want to bet on 30 wins and a 1 seed next year, please get a huge sack of money ready.
(02-11-2023, 07:29 PM)Van Hagar Wrote: Just as a quick addition of salt to the wounds, Keion Brooks is leading Washington this year, averaging 18 points and 7 rebounds a game. And Bryce Hopkins, who was a clear talent that was totally mishandled, is averaging 16 and 9 for Providence and is considered a contender for Big East player of the year.

Don't forget Johnny Juzang. Averaged 2.9 for Cal at UK, transferred to UCLA and averaged 16.0 and 15.6 for the Bruins the next two seasons. Now playing in the NBA.
  •  Previous
  • 9(current)
  • Next