•  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Church 101
^that is my non-researched answer. Tonight, I will do a little digging just in case my head and heart are wrong, lol.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Shane-Fre...6277322532

http://broshanef.blogspot.com/2013/02/wh...to-me.html

Quote:Rachel and I were cleaning house the other day and blasting Pandora throughout the parsonage. One of my favorite songs happened to come on and I just happened to hear it. Later that week, I was at the office here at Bryantsville United Methodist Church doing some work. I was doing some sorting and filing, so I had Pandora on again. I heard these lyrics that resonated through my being and leaped into my soul.

"Mercy came running, like a prisoner set free, past all my failures to the point of my need. When the sin that I carried was all I could see and when I could not reach mercy, mercy came running to me."

The heavens swung open, the richness of God's blessings poured down, the love of God was spread broadly and liberally in my heart and the Holy Spirit of God churned, twisted and wrestled about in my soul. I had no choice but to weep and pray in praise.

Rarely, have I knowledgeably experienced moments of grace like that. I can count on two hands moments like that in my life. When I went forward to beg Bro. Mark Whicker to 'pray for me to be saved' at the age of ten, two weeks later when I got baptized, the night before I became a Sunday school teacher, that day my freshman year of college that I re-surrendered to ministry, April 5, 2008 when I met my future wife, and just a couple of others. Point being, it was a moment when I just knew that God exists, loves me and showered me with his grace.

Those lyrics may not mean much to the average person. They may just be part of another great Christian song. However, they will never mean more to any one person than they mean to me. They may mean as much, but never more.

Notice, the lyrics say that 'mercy came running like a prisoner set free'. When it came to a beloved child of His, God sent his mercy running, not walking, expediently not slowly, in a hurry not in relaxation. Romans 8:2 says "And because you belong to him, the power of the life-giving Spirit has freed you from the power of sin that leads to death." Notice that we have been freed by God's mercy and grace.

'past all my failures to the point of my need.' Hebrews 4:16 tells us, "Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need." God looks past all of our failures. Consider that for a moment. Feel free to stop reading and pray and meditate on that for a moment. This blog will be here when you are ready to finish it.

'When the sin that I carried was all I could see'. Every failure. Every sin. Every let-down. Every time that we have fallen short of who we are supposed to be. Every lie. Every vulgarity. Every moment of drunkenness. Every single solitary time that we let God down. God looks past it, looks beyond it. He is even willing to forgive it because of Jesus sacrifice and if we plead the blood of Jesus. God looks past these failures to the point of my need.

'and when I could not reach mercy, mercy came running to me.' I need thee, Oh, I need thee Jesus. I have made a lot of mistakes. Bluntly, I have not just made mistakes, I have intentionally sinned. There have been moments that I knew something was wrong but I did it anyway. In my own power, in my own strength, in the frailty of my humanity, I could never reach, attain or grasp the tender, loving mercies of God. I cannot even come close. One of the two Bible verses that I hold so close to my heart is 1 Peter 1:3, "Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead." In God's great mercy he has given me a fresh start. Not only a fresh start, but a new birth. He has said not only are you getting a second chance, you are getting a first chance because I forgive you of your sin, and choose to forget it. This is further illustrated in Psalm 103:12 tells us that "as far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us." Not only that, but God gives us a new hope through the resurrection of Jesus. God finds us, frees us, forgives us, fills us and one day fulfills his plan in us.

Heavenly Father, you know my need and you meet me there. Thank you for your grace, mercy and love. Thank you that mercy came running to me. In Jesus name, Amen.

Copyright....me. lol.
World Peace - Wednesday, February 06, 2013

I set an example of peace in our world.

With 7 billion people on Earth, I wonder what I as one person can do to make the world more peaceful. The challenge may seem daunting, but I know prayer is powerful. So I pray each day to find more ways to unite, partner and work with others. Despite differing cultures and beliefs, we are one. I pray for all people to see our unity and seek positive solutions for all.

I also foster world peace by demonstrating peace in my personal life. I am calm in stressful situations. Taking charge of my thoughts, I relinquish any worry, fear or unforgiveness, remembering that with God all things are possible. I contribute to a better world as I choose to be a living example of peace.

Peace, peace, to the far and the near, says the Lord; and I will heal them.—Isaiah 57:19

:Thumbs:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
So I pray each day to find more ways to unite, partner and work with others. Despite differing cultures and beliefs, we are one. I pray for all people to see our unity and seek positive solutions for all.

I also foster world peace by demonstrating peace in my personal life. I am calm in stressful situations. Taking charge of my thoughts, I relinquish any worry, fear or unforgiveness, remembering that with God all things are possible. I contribute to a better world as I choose to be a living example of peace.

That first paragraph is profound to me!!

If I posted that I remained calm in stressful situations, I would fully expect a bolt of lightening striking me from the sky! Still striving for THIS one!!!
Granny Bear Wrote:So I pray each day to find more ways to unite, partner and work with others. Despite differing cultures and beliefs, we are one. I pray for all people to see our unity and seek positive solutions for all.

If I posted that I remained calm in stressful situations, I would fully expect a bolt of lightening striking me from the sky! Still striving for THIS one!!!

You're not alone...consider it an affirmative prayer so when the poop has hit the fan you can lose less of your cool :Thumbs:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Joy - Thursday, February 07, 2013

I am blessed with new life each day.

The birth of a child is a joyous event—a time when people celebrate the blessing of a new life. I can celebrate the joy of new life each day as I remember that I am a child of God, continually being reborn and renewed in mind, body and spirit.

As a child of God, I experience the joy of health, for I am filled with divine healing energy that infuses every cell of my body with vitality and strength. As a child of God, I experience the joy of a spiritually directed life, for I am divinely inspired to make wise choices and to follow a path to my highest good. As a child of God, I experience the joy of true prosperity, for I am blessed with all I need for a healthy, happy, abundant life. I celebrate the joy of new life today and every day.

You show me the path of life. In your presence there is fullness of joy.—Psalm 16:11

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
A glad heart makes a happy face; a broken heart crushes the spirit.

Proverbs 15:13 NLT

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Of Service - Saturday, February 09, 2013

The love of God inspires me. My faith in God motivates me.

I needn’t wait till I have more knowledge or experience to serve others in meaningful, helpful ways. I need only be inspired by God’s love and motivated by faith. Love inspires me to do the right thing with divine timing. Faith motivates me to step beyond my comfort zone and to act from the conviction that with God all things are possible.

The simplest act of kindness from one person to another can trigger a succession of good deeds. Whether acting as a companion, a compassionate stranger or a volunteer, I am expressing the love of God that created and sustains me. Service is an act of giving and receiving love. Whenever I serve my country, family or community, I am serving God and expressing God’s love to others.

The Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life a ransom for many.—Mark 10:45

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by confessing with your mouth that you are saved.

Romans 10:10 NLT

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Dreams - Monday, February 11, 20

I open my heart and mind to new perspectives.

Dreams come from the innermost part of my being. They bring messages of inspiration and encouragement, and influence my future. I nurture my dreams by embracing infinite possibilities.

The wisdom of God guides me as I explore the world within and around me. My hopes and expectations rise as I open my heart and mind to new perspectives.

Whether my dreams come as subtle messages during sleep or as conscious creations as I visualize my potential, each one reflects my oneness with God. As each dream blossoms into reality, I give thanks and look ahead to new adventures, new dreams and new possibilities.

I will pour out my spirit on all flesh … your old men shall dream dreams, and your young men shall see visions.—Joel 2:28

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
http://skitguys.com/videos/item/without-love

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Give Love - Thursday, February 14, 2013

I start a love cascade today.

Today is Valentine’s Day, but every day can be a day of love, and every day I can choose to be loving. The more love I give, the more love I get. So today, I begin a love cascade.

I close my eyes, connect with Spirit and focus on all I am grateful for—from the tiniest blessing to the biggest. I feel gratitude and love grow in my heart.

As I allow the spirit of God to express through me in loving ways, I feel love grow. I smile at a stranger, open the door for someone I meet, run an errand for a neighbor and say a kind and caring word to a friend. As I continuously give love, love is returned to me beyond measure.

Let love be genuine; … hold fast to what is good; love one another with mutual affection; outdo one another in showing honor.—Romans 12:9-10

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
No one has ever seen God. But if we love each other, God lives in us, and his love is brought to full expression in us.

1 John 4:12 NLT

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Here you go:

http://dailybibleguide.myway.com/splash/...^0B^hps100

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Ever need prayer or assistance praying for others?

Here you go:

http://www.unity.org/prayer

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.

1 Corinthians 13:7 NLT

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
The grace of God prepares me for a life that is altogether good.

Grace is not something we earn. It is a free and impartial gift of God that is given to us all. Every soul is blessed by the hope of infinite grace.

The grace of God is more than mercy. It is complete forgiveness and full, unbounded love. It offers redemption from destructive thinking and living. Through grace the Divine is revealed and each one of us is reminded of our innate worthiness.

Abiding in divine grace, we are secure and steady; our spiritual growth and progress are assured. The grace of God opens us to the swift, glorious and empowering way of Truth. It prepares us for a life that is altogether good.

For by grace you have been saved through faith, and this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God.—Ephesians 2:8

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
1 Peter 5:6-10

New American Standard Bible (NASB)

6 Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you at the proper time, 7 casting all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you. 8 Be of sober spirit, be on the alert. Your adversary, the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. 9 [a]But resist him, firm in your faith, knowing that the same experiences of suffering are being accomplished by your [b]brethren who are in the world. 10 After you have suffered for a little while, the God of all grace, who called you to His eternal glory in Christ, will Himself perfect, confirm, strengthen and establish you.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Prosperity - Saturday, February 23, 2013

As I appreciate my good, it expands.

Magnets attract metal. When one holds a magnet over a collection of items, only those with metallic properties will move toward it. The same is true of my thoughts. Whatever I am thinking about attracts thoughts and ideas with similar properties.

The universe abundantly meets my every need. When my mind and heart are filled with gratitude, I realize my good. I thank God for loving relationships, for the ongoing renewal of my mind and body, and for the seemingly miraculous ways in which my needs are continually met.

The joy and gratitude I share bless everyone around me. As I appreciate my good, it expands.

God is able to provide you with every blessing in abundance.—2 Corinthians 9:8

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Granny Bear Wrote:So I pray each day to find more ways to unite, partner and work with others. Despite differing cultures and beliefs, we are one. I pray for all people to see our unity and seek positive solutions for all.

Here's a thought inspired by your new sig which honors a great era of United States Military sacrifice and the freedom of the new world as we, our parents, and grandparents knew it...the asian ancestry of Francis Chan may have fought against us in the 1940's...now he is 60-70 years later bringing hundreds to Christ and making disciples through the holy spirit working through him.

I don't know about you, but to me, that motivates me to give our Father in heaven all the glory each and every day I awake to another sunrise and honor his son with the ultimate sacrifice: me stepping out my comfort zone, random acts of kindness, taking a deep breadth and laughing vs. yelling over nonsense, making life a lot more about the people arounf me vs. me, challenging myself daily to honor God and his commands vs. selfish will...

God bless you bgr...God wants you to do the same...he believes in you, the question is do you?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Today - Sunday, February 24, 2013

I am grateful for the wonders of this day.

God’s love surrounds me and expresses in both obvious and subtle ways. Setting aside the burdens of yesterday and any worries about tomorrow, I lovingly give my full attention to today. I mindfully notice and appreciate each present moment and each person I meet.

I tune in to God’s loving presence, whether I am alone in the Silence or immersed in the day’s busy routine. I feel the Presence in the rhythm of my breath and sense it in the smile of a passerby. I experience God when I help a co-worker or when I receive a compliment.

As I let go of reliving yesterday or planning for tomorrow, my heart rejoices in the wonders of this day, this very special day that the Lord has made.

This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.—Psalm 118:24

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Your word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path.

Psalm 119:105 NLT

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
http://skitguys.com/videos/item/the-verdict

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Celebrate - Thursday, February 28, 2013

I celebrate the fullness of life.

Celebrations commonly occur on birthdays, anniversaries and holidays; yet all types of experiences make up the fullness of my life. In life I will face loss and challenge, joy and achievement. Understanding and appreciating the full spectrum of life’s experiences, I celebrate all points along the way.

I celebrate the moments that lift me up and those that challenge me to step up. I praise every evidence of God’s goodness and every occasion where the activity of God comes into view.

I am filled with joy and enthusiasm for living and loving all that life has to offer. Praise and celebration invite the good to spring forth. The fullness of life is a gift from God.

You shall celebrate with all the bounty that the Lord your God has given to you.—Deuteronomy 26:11

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Spirit100 Wrote:Here's a thought inspired by your new sig which honors a great era of United States Military sacrifice and the freedom of the new world as we, our parents, and grandparents knew it...the asian ancestry of Francis Chan may have fought against us in the 1940's...now he is 60-70 years later bringing hundreds to Christ and making disciples through the holy spirit working through him.

I don't know about you, but to me, that motivates me to give our Father in heaven all the glory each and every day I awake to another sunrise and honor his son with the ultimate sacrifice: me stepping out my comfort zone, random acts of kindness, taking a deep breadth and laughing vs. yelling over nonsense, making life a lot more about the people arounf me vs. me, challenging myself daily to honor God and his commands vs. selfish will...

God bless you bgr...God wants you to do the same...he believes in you, the question is do you?

I only posted the new sig for a short time; on the anniversary of the event.

Now; your stepping out of your comfort zone, making life more about the people around you, etc......doesn't that ultimately make YOU feel better? This is like the "vicious cycle" in reverse. You won't see many of that reverse cycle in life, but this one happens to be my favorite!
Wink
This guy is a phenomenal satellite to the holy spirit...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Jesus spoke to the people once more and said, "I am the light of the world. If you follow me, you won't have to walk in darkness, because you will have the light that leads to life."
John 8:12 NLT

Amen :Thumbs:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
  •  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next