Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Report: Kanter took cash
Wildcatk23 Wrote:What are you going on about lol? I asked you one simple question. Why did the ncaa committee not punish duke? I never said the NCAA is out to get us, i dont believe i did anyways. Based on track records? Did cal or umass have infractions before? So if a player takes money from an agent and its your schools first time you get a free pass? Thats weird.

UMass, yes, because of another Cal recruit. Have a Final Four taken away from two schools all because of the type of players recruited. I guess it's just bad luck hunh? :please:
Wildcatk23 Wrote:I'm just not sure how people can pin Camby taking money from an agent on cal.

You are right, they havn't been able to prove it, but they are trying Confusedhh:
Stardust Wrote:UMass, yes, because of another Cal recruit. Have a Final Four taken away from two schools all because of the type of players recruited. I guess it's just bad luck hunh? :please:

Lol? It was UMASS first infraction then? So they should have done what they did to duke? nothing>?
Superman20 Wrote:LOL thats funny. What has he done at UK to deserve to be talked bad about by a UK fan anyway? I have logical reason to compare u to a U of L fan cause your posts sound just like one. Not to many people will disagree with that either lol. Say what you want, but he's doing a great job so far. Idc how long you have been a fan to be honest. What has he done that you disagree with while being in Lex? Who would you rather have as coach? When Uk ran off Coach G, who was the top man that you I would rather of had? my honest first choice was Izzo, but from the results of what Cal has done im happy. Do you think any other coach would have three # 1 recruiting classes in a row?

:yawn:
Stardust Wrote:You are right, they havn't been able to prove it, but they are trying Confusedhh:

And if they cant prove it then? ..........Tadaaaa TongueirateSho
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Lol? It was UMASS first infraction then? So they should have done what they did to duke? nothing>?

UMass had trouble during Dr. J's years
Well, Idc about the man's past. Im more worried about the present. He's doing a great job for UK, and as long as history doesn't repeat himself i'll be happy. He won 35 games with a very young team, put 5 kids in the first round, raised a million dollars for Haiti, has donated a lot of money to charities for our state. Done all of that after coaching just one season..anyone that says any different is ignorant
Wildcatk23 Wrote:And if they cant prove it then? ..........Tadaaaa TongueirateSho

Hmmm, I wonder of anyone has been speeding but just not caught speeding? Is it only guilty if caught???? Is it lack of guilt that makes one innocent? Or lack of PROOF?TongueirateSho
Stardust Wrote:UMass had trouble during Dr. J's years

Oh, Well. Then all these other schools without infractions should illegally recruit players and nothing will happen to them. Since its their first time.
Stardust Wrote:Hmmm, I wonder of anyone has been speeding but just not caught speeding? Is it only guilty if caught???? Is it lack of guilt that makes one innocent? Or lack of PROOF?TongueirateSho

But if you accuse me of speeding and i really wasn't, then what come of that?
Superman20 Wrote:LOL that happened in 96. So they are still trying to prove something that happened back then?

What happened in '96?
Stardust Wrote:You are right, they havn't been able to prove it, but they are trying Confusedhh:

The duke player admitted to taking money? And they still cant prove it! LOL.:lmao:
Wildcatk23 Wrote:But if you accuse me of speeding and i really wasn't, then what come of that?

Guilty by association, because the officer would have known you are a CAL cronie, and he still would write you up:dontthink
Wildcatk23 Wrote:The duke player admitted to taking money? And they still cant prove it! LOL.:lmao:

Who said that they didn't prove it?:yikes:
Stardust Wrote:Guilty by association, because the officer would have known you are a CAL cronie, and he still would write you up:dontthink

Guilty By Association? Well. I hope im never friends with a murderer, and your the jury. I could be tried as well in your eyes.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Guilty By Association? Well. I hope im never friends with a murderer, and your the jury. I could be tried as well in your eyes.

Nah, if you are hanging with OJ, you should be OK
Stardust Wrote:Who said that they didn't prove it?:yikes:

The NCAA basically said Duke wasn't penalized because it did not know and should not have known that Maggette was ineligible.

But yet they used the same thing to take the other banners?
Stardust Wrote:Nah, if you are hanging with OJ, you should be OK

Lol.

Anyways, Just because your with someone that does something bad, it doesnt hold u accountable.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:The NCAA basically said Duke wasn't penalized because it did not know and should not have known that Maggette was ineligible.

But yet they used the same thing to take the other banners?

Let's be clear, they ruled "Strict Liability", After a lengthy investigation, we came to the conclusion that there was insufficient evidence to determine that Maggette knew or should have known (he was taking money inappropriately), and we believe firmly that the institution did not know and should not have known."
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Lol.

Anyways, Just because your with someone that does something bad, it doesnt hold u accountable.

If you are with them, then yes, you can be held accountable. Especially, if you had any knowing of a wrong doing, you will be held as much accountable as the individual who did the wrong doing. That is law!
Stardust Wrote:Let's be clear, they ruled "Strict Liability", After a lengthy investigation, we came to the conclusion that there was insufficient evidence to determine that Maggette knew or should have known (he was taking money inappropriately), and we believe firmly that the institution did not know and should not have known."

First of all, He said he took money. Maggette admitted to receiving the payments. So none of this falls under the he said/she said umbrella, and the NCAA's Jane Jankowski was quoted in April 2000 as saying that the NCAA "will have to determine if Duke, in fact, had an ineligible player in the NCAA tournament. And, if so, what monies would have to be returned for use of an ineligible player."

Fast-forward nine years, and no money has been returned. The banner still flies.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketba...y/12096928

They Punish who They Wont. Why cant You Admit That,.
Stardust Wrote:If you are with them, then yes, you can be held accountable. Especially, if you had any knowing of a wrong doing, you will be held as much accountable as the individual who did the wrong doing. That is law!

But they or he had no knowledge of the wrong doing. And remember your strict liability case you made?
Stardust Wrote:What happened in '96?

Marcus Camby played for UMASS in 96. Thats the year he took the money from the agent.
Superman20 Wrote:Marcus Camby played for UMASS in 96. Thats the year he took the money from the agent.

Umm, what happened in Memphis :popcorn: I guess it's history repeating itself. History is always are gauge for the future. Always has been!
Stardust Wrote:Umm, what happened in Memphis :popcorn: I guess it's history repeating itself. History is always are gauge for the future. Always has been!

Hmm, I wonder how long till it happens at duke again? and they get a slap on the wrist?
Wildcatk23 Wrote:First of all, He said he took money. Maggette admitted to receiving the payments. So none of this falls under the he said/she said umbrella, and the NCAA's Jane Jankowski was quoted in April 2000 as saying that the NCAA "will have to determine if Duke, in fact, had an ineligible player in the NCAA tournament. And, if so, what monies would have to be returned for use of an ineligible player."

Fast-forward nine years, and no money has been returned. The banner still flies.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketba...y/12096928

They Punish who They Wont. Why cant You Admit That,.

I already posted what the NCAA said. They deemed it that Magette did not know he was accepting money wrongfully. He said he took money, but did not know he was doing it wrongfully. Marcus probably knew he was not getting money properly when it was given to him in a paperbag in a school alley way......
Stardust Wrote:I already posted what the NCAA said. They deemed it that Magette did not know he was accepting money wrongfully. He said he took money, but did not know he was doing it wrongfully.

Lol, That makes sense.

He Still Took it. Making Him Ineligible.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Hmm, I wonder how long till it happens at duke again? and they get a slap on the wrist?

I sure hope it does, because I hate dUKe! But they probably have a coach that will be more careful with the kids he recruits. I sure hope our coach is..... Or at least makes sure the players don't get caught anymore. Maybe that's all it is, if there was a better program to teach kids how not to get caught cheating, we won't have anything to worry about.....
NCAA uses selective enforcement. I have to go to bed. I have to wake at 4:30 to go to work. Ill continue this after kentucky beats WKY tomorrow.
Stardust Wrote:Umm, what happened in Memphis :popcorn: I guess it's history repeating itself. History is always are gauge for the future. Always has been!

Two totally different situations actually. The Memphis situation involved an SAT test. The NCAA was told that Rose didn't take it, they never proved he didn't, but they still vacated their final 4. The NCAA had a handwriting expert review everything, and all they said was that it was possible that Rose didn't take the test. So, they really didn't prove anything..but like I said, He's been fantastic while being in lex, and If he does something wrong in the future, i'll be the first to tell you that you were right