Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland 27 Russell 15
I have question why was spencer hutchinson not playing center?
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:Clark would have his way with that Raceland defense.

Clark was an above average athlete with pretty decent speed no gross speed but big enough to run you over.

GOREDDEVILS,
I am sure JT Forest and the rest of the Rams would have something to say about that. I do not think he would have his way with the rams. Casey was a very GOOD back and ran like he was mad at the world.

But lets look back at that year.
Raceland 21 Ashland 16
Ashland 24 Russell 21

Now this does not mean Raceland would have beat Russell, because comparing scores does not always tell the whole story. But I do not think he would have ran over the Rams, I blieve that year that they beat LCA in district championship game and lost in the regional championship game to a pretty darn good team Newport Central Catolic (the Rams were up at halftime). NCC had a stud for a running back and they shut him down, and it was the QB that brought NCC back.

So you may want to get some facts before you go spouting off.
serious? Wrote:GOREDDEVILS,
I am sure JT Forest and the rest of the Rams would have something to say about that. I do not think he would have his way with the rams. Casey was a very GOOD back and ran like he was mad at the world.

But lets look back at that year.
Raceland 21 Ashland 16
Ashland 24 Russell 21

Now this does not mean Raceland would have beat Russell, because comparing scores does not always tell the whole story. But I do not think he would have ran over the Rams, I blieve that year that they beat LCA in district championship game and lost in the regional championship game to a pretty darn good team Newport Central Catolic (the Rams were up at halftime). NCC had a stud for a running back and they shut him down, and it was the QB that brought NCC back.

So you may want to get some facts before you go spouting off.
Lets see I can go on on and on Raceland 27 greenup 21. Russell 33 Greenup 6. I do look my facts up before i post so you should look at how the teams progressed through the season instead of looking at one game.
I did. :dontthink

Raceland 46 East Carter 7

Russell 41 East Carter 6

So I guess both team got better.

All this tells me is that they were about the same. As for the GC game, that is a big rival and the Rams were up 14 and let down and Greenup kept playing hard and came back.

So I go back to your post, that Clark would have ran over the Rams. I do not think so. As for who would have won the game who knows.... and we will never know.
i forgot one.

Russell 48 East Carter 8

In the playoffs
serious? Wrote:I did. :dontthink

Raceland 46 East Carter 7

Russell 41 East Carter 6

So I guess both team got better.

All this tells me is that they were about the same. As for the GC game, that is a big rival and the Rams were up 14 and let down and Greenup kept playing hard and came back.

So I go back to your post, that Clark would have ran over the Rams. I do not think so. As for who would have won the game who knows.... and we will never know.
We will just have to disagree then and leave it at that.
I guess so.
the 06 Ram defense was one of the best in Raceland history,Benji Mullins, Scott Mckenzie JT Forest, Clint Thompson, Brad Rogers, Joe Stephens, Caleb Caldwell, Shawn Deskins, a young Carver and Denton, this was a very fast defense and they flew around to the ball playing orange crush defense. Id give Clark 75 yards on them at best.
BIGRAMLOVER1979 Wrote:the 06 Ram defense was one of the best in Raceland history,Benji Mullins, Scott Mckenzie JT Forest, Clint Thompson, Brad Rogers, Joe Stephens, Caleb Caldwell, Shawn Deskins, a young Carver and Denton, this was a very fast defense and they flew around to the ball playing orange crush defense. Id give Clark 75 yards on them at best.
Ok sure thing thats why Newport only gave up 20 points to Newport Centrall Catholic who Raceland lost to 46-27 in the playoffs. Russell defeated Belfry 19-0 while Mercer county who Russell played in the championship defeated Newport 47-7. Russell had more backs then just Clark that could break one anyway.Aaron Beekman was a good back as well
Well all I can say is that it would have been a good game, but I really believe that ram defense could have held him under a 100. :rockon:

GOREDDEVILS Wrote:Ok sure thing thats why Newport only gave up 20 points to Newport Centrall Catholic who Raceland lost to 46-27 in the playoffs. Russell defeated Belfry 19-0 while Mercer county who Russell played in the championship defeated Newport 47-7. Russell had more backs then just Clark that could break one anyway.Aaron Beekman was a good back as well
BIGRAMLOVER1979 Wrote:Well all I can say is that it would have been a good game, but I really believe that ram defense could have held him under a 100. :rockon:
Like I said before to the other ram fan we will just have to disagree and leave it at that.

Fball I would like to see your thoughts on the 2006 Raceland team vs Russell 2006 team.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:Like I said before to the other ram fan we will just have to disagree and leave it at that.

Fball I would like to see your thoughts on the 2006 Raceland team vs Russell 2006 team.

Raceland had a very good defense that year. Russell had great defense that year and that Russell team could pass as well. Raceland gets up for Russell like nobody else on their schedule but that Red Devil Defense would have completely shut that ram team down.

IMO that team was better than the 05 championship team and would have beaten the 06 Raceland by at least two TDs.
FBALL Wrote:Raceland had a very good defense that year. Russell had great defense that year and that Russell team could pass as well. Raceland gets up for Russell like nobody else on their schedule but that Red Devil Defense would have completely shut that ram team down.

IMO that team was better than the 05 championship team and would have beaten the 06 Raceland by at least two TDs.

That is your opinion, but I disagree. Again i am not saying who would have won, but I think both were very good.
When you have people that plays both ways the whole game
they get run down. The devils can hang in with teams for the
1st and 2nd quater after that they get tired and start making
mistakes.
Hot rumor from the practice field..... Ivan is starting QB#5 in the first district game. I think his name is Buford Hurley?? Supposedly a big guy with a big arm; not a lot of speed though.
Why doesn't the Russell coaching staff
ever use subs. The devils hang in for the
first half but when all your player are
playing both ways it kills them second half.
Reddevil fan Wrote:Why doesn't the Russell coaching staff
ever use subs. The devils hang in for the
first half but when all your player are
playing both ways it kills them second half.

Using players on both sides of the ball is not always a bad thing. Smaller schools usually do this a lot. I think Russell is very limited to who can play where right now. Russell should conditon and run more in the off season that would certainly help. But I do agree I would like to see them change it up a little, especially when something is not working.
RedDevil1981 Wrote:Hot rumor from the practice field..... Ivan is starting QB#5 in the first district game. I think his name is Buford Hurley?? Supposedly a big guy with a big arm; not a lot of speed though.

I like Cooper best, he is pbly better than the Hurley kid.:thatsfunn
They have lineman who are bigger and can stop up the line
but they very rarely play them. They also have some runningbacks
who could come in and give people a breather