Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bishop Brossart 2009
FYI - I drove by their practice field tonight and it looked like they may have only had 25 kids total.
Has anyone heard anything about them lately?
Have they started hitting?
betsylaynealum Wrote:Has anyone heard anything about them lately?
Have they started hitting?

You are really concerned about this team arn't you..:biggrin:

JK

Come to 20 Pete Neiser Drive, Alexandria KY, 41001 and watch them for yourself run hills and lift weights inside a Bus Garage.
Can't its a three maybe four hour drive from mud creek.

I wonder what team in eky that they compare to.
betsylaynealum Wrote:Can't its a three maybe four hour drive from mud creek.

I wonder what team in eky that they compare to.

How many teams in EKY are in their 3rd year as a football team, Not won (nor even been competitive) a football game, that has players who did not play youth football in their past, has a roster of about 23 kids, has their 4th head coach, had their starting QB who had never played the position before his Freshman year (last year) quite the week before Summer practice started? Whatever EKY team has this background is who you should plan for.
Stardust,

How have the mustangs been doing?
betsylaynealum Wrote:Stardust,

How have the mustangs been doing?

I heard last night that they are hitting and already banged up a bit. It sounds like they do not even have enough right now to scrimmage 11 on 11, so they have focussed on 7/7 drills. Not too much about their offense and defense, but that's primarily due to them not being able to have enough bodies to do a full practice
Mustangs focus on improving program
By James Weber • [email]jweber@nky.com[/email] • August 18, 2009

• • Print • ShareThis • Type Size: A A

There is no question what the first goal is for the Bishop Brossart High School football team - get the first win in varsity history after an 0-20 start the past two years.

Second-year head coach Matt Reinhart is not stating the goal in those terms as much as he is emphasizing the process.

"We talked about that so much last year, I felt like it was too much pressure on the kids," he said. "This year we cut back and we just talk about doing the little things right - establishing consecutive first downs, when we get inside the 5, push the ball in the endzone. If we can do the small things right, the big things will come."

Brossart lost six seniors and return many veterans who have been in the program for four years.

Getting that win will be important.

"It's a big motivation for me because we won't hear the jokes," senior lineman Spencer Groeschen said. "Last year we had a bunch of freshmen on the line. Now they have experience, it should be a different ball game. We have speed in the backfield, strength up front and our defense is looking a whole lot better."

On offense, sophomore Jesse Orth enters his first year as starting quarterback.

Chris Bowman is a starting running back and the primary pass rusher on defense. Senior Michael Whitford starts at running back and linebacker.

Alex Crawford, Matt Kramer and Brian Weckbach also return on the offensive line.

Crawford missed last year to injury and is raring to go this season.

"We had a weight program this summer, we didn't last summer," he said. "That improved us tremendously."

Groeschen, David Lunn, Colton and Conner Boesch, and Kyle Reinhart are the top returners on defense.

Coach Reinhart said with 36 players on the team, depth will be an issue, but the team is more equipped to compete this season. An easier schedule on paper looks to be more competitive for the Mustangs as well.

Whenever the first win comes, the Mustangs will love it.

"It'll be a nice feeling, knowing it will be for the people who have played the last three years and didn't get the win," Crawford said.
Stardust Wrote:You are really concerned about this team arn't you..:biggrin:

JK

Come to 20 Pete Neiser Drive, Alexandria KY, 41001 and watch them for yourself run hills and lift weights inside a Bus Garage.

I think they lift in an old fire house
nky Wrote:I think they lift in an old fire house

Which is their bus garage, and no, they do not have 30+ players, not even if adding the waterboys. It has been a consistent complaint from the parents that these kids cannot even scrimmage because they don't have enough to go both ways (A complaint that they understand, but one which they hope changes in coming years).
I just wanted to thank stardust and others that don't believe in us. (meaning brossart) Please don't stop posting its great locker room materal! :moon:
Stardust Wrote:Which is their bus garage, and no, they do not have 30+ players, not even if adding the waterboys. It has been a consistent complaint from the parents that these kids cannot even scrimmage because they don't have enough to go both ways (A complaint that they understand, but one which they hope changes in coming years).
Where do you get your information? Because you are incorrect.
Mr.Rhino Wrote:I just wanted to thank stardust and others that don't believe in us. (meaning brossart) Please don't stop posting its great locker room materal! :moon:

Have to watch out for the uninformed drive by critics. Things are looking up in Brossart land. Keep the kids focused and big things will happen. :biggrin:
Stardust Wrote:Which is their bus garage, and no, they do not have 30+ players, not even if adding the waterboys. It has been a consistent complaint from the parents that these kids cannot even scrimmage because they don't have enough to go both ways (A complaint that they understand, but one which they hope changes in coming years).

OK one more time
1. 30+ kids at every practice. Come see for yourself and count them.
2. They held an intersquad scrimmage just fine few weeks ago(Green White Game)
3. true can't add the waterboys because there are none.
4. everyday at practice they have a team 11 on 11 period.
5. the parents are not complaining and if they are talk to the coaches about your complain not the uninformed in the community.

Be informed and fair to the coaches, parents, fans, and above all the kids.