Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lebron didnt shake hands and storms off court!
u cant hate on Lebron ..... Rodman was the same way u guys cant say he wasnt
BlackcatAlum Wrote:It was very unsportsmanlike & immature thing for LeBron to do.

People talk about LeBron being this great role model, but do you want your kids doing unsportsmanlike things such as what LeBron did after game 6 in the Eastern Conference Finals?

LeBron James is still an amazing basketball player and I myself would have never thought LeBron would do such a childish thing. Just goes to show he still has some maturing to do.

I too am a Lebron fan, I was upset to see him act this way!!!!!!!! Now Blackcatalum, I will agree with you on this one 100%, it was a childish and inmature, not the actions that the league MVP, should be doing. If it was Kobe or my son I'd say the same thing! so 100% I agree.
DukeFan4life Wrote:u cant hate on Lebron ..... Rodman was the same way u guys cant say he wasnt

Yeah, and Rodman was an idiout, defintely not a role model nor the face of the NBA. What Rodman did was completely disregard all sanctum of sportsmanship, thus, we do not want Lebron to emulate that kook!
Stardust Wrote:Yeah, and Rodman was an idiout, defintely not a role model nor the face of the NBA. What Rodman did was completely disregard all sanctum of sportsmanship, thus, we do not want Lebron to emulate that kook!

Yeah, that's for sure!! Rodman always done the complete opposite of GOOD sportsmanship!!
BlackcatAlum Wrote:It was very unsportsmanlike & immature thing for LeBron to do.

People talk about LeBron being this great role model, but do you want your kids doing unsportsmanlike things such as what LeBron did after game 6 in the Eastern Conference Finals?

LeBron James is still an amazing basketball player and I myself would have never thought LeBron would do such a childish thing. Just goes to show he still has some maturing to do.

Kobe is a good role model though right????I dont agree with lebron not shaking hands but come on its happend alot of times with other players....i hope Lebron matures some and shows sprtsmanship next season , hopefully at the KNICKS
theVILLE Wrote:Kobe is a good role model though right????I dont agree with lebron not shaking hands but come on its happend alot of times with other players....i hope Lebron matures some and shows sprtsmanship next season , hopefully at the KNICKS

Next season? Did you miss the last 2 weeks of ESPN? He's still under contract to Cleveland for next season.
Who are they going to get that would want to play around him?
All he had to do is be a man and shake some hands, They didn't ask him to kiss and hug anybody. Grow up LaBron. Too good a athlete to act like that.
bigjim4packers Wrote:All he had to do is be a man and shake some hands, They didn't ask him to kiss and hug anybody. Grow up LaBron. Too good a athlete to act like that.

AGREED!!! Im the biggest Lebron Fan possible but I still say he was a baby...but the hugging and kissing part here is avideo for that..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkwCVcDc_mM:thanks: :thanks:
theVILLE Wrote:AGREED!!! Im the biggest Lebron Fan possible but I still say he was a baby...but the hugging and kissing part here is avideo for that..

Funny, Funny, Funny:lmao:
theVILLE Wrote:AGREED!!! Im the biggest Lebron Fan possible but I still say he was a baby...but the hugging and kissing part here is avideo for that..
That was just wrong.:lmao:
MisterPerfect Wrote::Thumbs:

:thanks:
Stardust Wrote:Wow, How did I miss this!!! What a GREAT POST! I apologize that I scanned right over this.

You are "Spot On" here. I have been coaching for several years, and there are two constants that my players can attest to in what I have attempted to instill:

1. Effort - You can't always control wins and losses, but you can always control effort. If your team is equal to the other, and you put forth more effort, you have a better chance of finishing the game as the happy team.

2. It's about the Name on the Front of the Jersey, not the name on the Back - You job is to do what it takes to promote your team in the most positive measure. Whether it comes from your performance (effort), support (sitting the bench) or your reactions (respect to teammates, officials, opposition and fans).

For Lebron, he carries not just the Cleveland Cavaliers on his chest, he carries the entire NBA. To react the way that he did, left an impression on everyone. And for us adults (and those almost adults) on BGR, we can debate and discuss maturely what he did, and espouse what we think was right or wrong. But for the youth, they see this and think it is OK. They will find excuses for Lebron to say what he did was OK. It's because they have no reason to think otherwise. Lebron has to carry the honor and dignity that God has bestowed upon him when he gave him these talents. That is a pretty big load to carry for a 23 year-old YOUNG man. And it is a lesson that he will have learned from.

Yours was great too!:notworthy
Lebron was simply disrespectful.
K_Mac Wrote:Lebron was simply disrespectful.

That's exactly right. But, he apologized for it. So, I've got nothing against him.
eagle dad 2014 Wrote:My son ( 14 ) and i discussed this. Whether your a grade school, middle school, high school, college or pro player, when you put on those colors, and that team name, you represent that team. Emotions play such a big part in the game, but you can't let them rule you. It shouldn't keep you from doing the right thing. When my son was in grade school, there were little kids that looked up to him simply because he wore that football jersey. Even at that early time in his life the
expectation to represent was there. I like Lebron and will forgive and forget. I just wish he would think first next time. ESPN showed several incidents when this same thing had happened before, but it doesn't make it right. Just the opinion of a dad.

well said.
eagle dad 2014 Wrote::thanks:

No problem.