Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lebron didnt shake hands and storms off court!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was wondering what you all thought about after Game 6, Lebron left the court without shaking the hands of the other team. In his comments on Sunday he said something like he is a competitor and when you get beaten up by an opponent, you don't congratulate them.

For all the Lebron apologists, saying that he is a true competitor, ask yourself would you say the same thing if Lebron won the series and Dwight walked off the court without shaking his hand or if the Cavs advanced to the finals and beat the Lakers and Kobe walked off the court without acknowledging Lebron? You guys would say Dwight and Kobe had no class and should be ashamed of themselves. You would probably call them thugs.

?
he is an ahole like the rest of the NBA i wished they would disband the league.
It was very unsportsmanlike & immature thing for LeBron to do.

People talk about LeBron being this great role model, but do you want your kids doing unsportsmanlike things such as what LeBron did after game 6 in the Eastern Conference Finals?

LeBron James is still an amazing basketball player and I myself would have never thought LeBron would do such a childish thing. Just goes to show he still has some maturing to do.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:It was very unsportsmanlike & immature thing for LeBron to do.

People talk about LeBron being this great role model, but do you want your kids doing unsportsmanlike things such as what LeBron did after game 6 in the Eastern Conference Finals?

LeBron James is still an amazing basketball player and I myself would have never thought LeBron would do such a childish thing. Just goes to show he still has some maturing to do.

I would have never of dreamed this happening either. I thought he was a class act but your right he still has some maturing to do. Hopefully he will realize what he did was wrong.
I'm sure he realizes it was a bad thing to do, but anyone who has played high school basketball or college, and you lose your last game of the season, you want to go into the locker room and not be bothered and definitely not shake anyones hand, but in high school and college it is required. I am as big of a LeBron fan as they come, but this was a mistake by him. But like I said anyone who has played before realizes why he did it.
runninrebs21 Wrote:I'm sure he realizes it was a bad thing to do, but anyone who has played high school basketball or college, and you lose your last game of the season, you want to go into the locker room and not be bothered and definitely not shake anyones hand, but in high school and college it is required. I am as big of a LeBron fan as they come, but this was a mistake by him. But like I said anyone who has played before realizes why he did it.

I see what your saying, but difference is high school/college are a lot different than the NBA. You only get 4 shots at the championship when your in high school and college. In the NBA you get 10-20 shots at it, pending on how long you stay in the league.
Seriously, this is the first thing he has ever done that people have questioned. People, mostly the media, need to get off his back.
TheCandyManIsBack Wrote:Seriously, this is the first thing he has ever done that people have questioned. People, mostly the media, need to get off his back.

What if it was Kobe Bryant?
My son ( 14 ) and i discussed this. Whether your a grade school, middle school, high school, college or pro player, when you put on those colors, and that team name, you represent that team. Emotions play such a big part in the game, but you can't let them rule you. It shouldn't keep you from doing the right thing. When my son was in grade school, there were little kids that looked up to him simply because he wore that football jersey. Even at that early time in his life the
expectation to represent was there. I like Lebron and will forgive and forget. I just wish he would think first next time. ESPN showed several incidents when this same thing had happened before, but it doesn't make it right. Just the opinion of a dad.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:What if it was Kobe Bryant?

Well LeBron always has a good attitude and he doesn't sit and whine to the refs over EVERY SINGLE CALL. Also, like someone else said, this is the first thing LeBron has ever done that he shouldn't. Kobe has done many things (running off shaq, running off phil, demanding a trade TWICE and causing all sorts of contraversy in LA before last season, the rape incident in Colorado)
runninrebs21 Wrote:Well LeBron always has a good attitude and he doesn't sit and whine to the refs over EVERY SINGLE CALL. Also, like someone else said, this is the first thing LeBron has ever done that he shouldn't. Kobe has done many things (running off shaq, running off phil, demanding a trade TWICE and causing all sorts of contraversy in LA before last season, the rape incident in Colorado)

What player does not complain to the refs? LeBron does it, Jordan did it, Bird, Magic, etc. all do it. Thats how you get the refs to realize what the other player is doing to make this player air-ball a shot, turn the ball over, etc.

If someone is slapping at your forearm to knock the ball away and you finally lose control of the ball are you not going to tell the ref to look out for that next time? Or when you setting up a screen and the defender holds your jersey when you try to roll for the open basket and it causes a turnover, are you not going to let the ref know about it?

Trust me, this isn't LeBron's last slip-up, many more will come because he, nor Kobe, etc. are not perfect.
No, but in Kobe's eyes he has NEVER committed a foul. He will absolutely hack somebody and then they call a foul and his eyes get real big and he opens his arms like "You can't call a foul on me". He whines over OBVIOUS calls and every dead ball he is sitting there yapping in the ref's ear. I know all players talk to the refs, but most don't whine over every single call. Kobe already has it to where if someone breathes on him it is a foul, yet he still argues over everything.
Oh well...he is just mad cause the better team won. He is a sore loser.
Why does most of the people on here hate Kobe Bryant? He doesn't do anything different then the other players give him a break. Wasn't he innocent in the whole rape thing? Why bring it up if he was innocent? The media definatley makes all this out to be worse than it is but i believe if Kobe did it then it would be a lot worse for some reason.
runninrebs21 Wrote:No, but in Kobe's eyes he has NEVER committed a foul. He will absolutely hack somebody and then they call a foul and his eyes get real big and he opens his arms like "You can't call a foul on me". He whines over OBVIOUS calls and every dead ball he is sitting there yapping in the ref's ear. I know all players talk to the refs, but most don't whine over every single call. Kobe already has it to where if someone breathes on him it is a foul, yet he still argues over everything.

How do you know the opposing player didn't throw a elbow? Kobe either retaliated or thought he was playing good defense.

Referees call games differently, some let the players play physically some do not. Like in the Western Conference playoffs they let'em play physical. But in the Eastern Conference playoffs if the defender put a hand on or around the player with the ball a foul was called. i.e. Dwight Howard's block on LeBron James at the 3-point line.
blackcat_mvp6 Wrote:Why does most of the people on here hate Kobe Bryant? He doesn't do anything different then the other players give him a break. Wasn't he innocent in the whole rape thing? Why bring it up if he was innocent? The media definatley makes all this out to be worse than it is but i believe if Kobe did it then it would be a lot worse for some reason.

Because the charges were dropped after Kobe paid the woman off. I honestly don't think he raped her, but he definitely slept with her, that is why he went out and bought his wife an $8 million ring during the whole case. That isn't why I like Kobe though, I just think he has a horrible attitude and whines way too much.
Oh well every NBA forum turns into a Kobe fight. lol I'm just going to get back on topic and say Lebrons only 24 hes got plentey of time to mature.
blackcat_mvp6 Wrote:Oh well every NBA forum turns into a Kobe fight. lol I'm just going to get back on topic and say Lebrons only 24 hes got plentey of time to mature.

I agree lol
This is for BCA :biggrin:

I, as a Lebron supporter, felt this was a classless move. Lebron, who has proved his leadership skills well beyond his age, missed the boat on this incident. He's young, and he WILL learn from this. I expect that you will never ever see this happen again. Does anyone think that Bird or Magic wanted to shake each others hands after the other knocked them off? It carrying the part that they play. Lebron is playing co-face of the NBA right now. He has to be above his own emotion and be willing to "suck it up" when the chips do not fall his way. This is something that we expect from a 23 year-old, but not from a 23 year-old that is the face of the league!
eagle dad 2014 Wrote:My son ( 14 ) and i discussed this. Whether your a grade school, middle school, high school, college or pro player, when you put on those colors, and that team name, you represent that team. Emotions play such a big part in the game, but you can't let them rule you. It shouldn't keep you from doing the right thing. When my son was in grade school, there were little kids that looked up to him simply because he wore that football jersey. Even at that early time in his life the
expectation to represent was there. I like Lebron and will forgive and forget. I just wish he would think first next time. ESPN showed several incidents when this same thing had happened before, but it doesn't make it right. Just the opinion of a dad.

:Thumbs:
Stardust Wrote:This is for BCA :biggrin:

I, as a Lebron supporter, felt this was a classless move. Lebron, who has proved his leadership skills well beyond his age, missed the boat on this incident. He's young, and he WILL learn from this. I expect that you will never ever see this happen again. Does anyone think that Bird or Magic wanted to shake each others hands after the other knocked them off? It carrying the part that they play. Lebron is playing co-face of the NBA right now. He has to be above his own emotion and be willing to "suck it up" when the chips do not fall his way. This is something that we expect from a 23 year-old, but not from a 23 year-old that is the face of the league!

Thank you for that! :notworthy
eagle dad 2014 Wrote:My son ( 14 ) and i discussed this. Whether your a grade school, middle school, high school, college or pro player, when you put on those colors, and that team name, you represent that team. Emotions play such a big part in the game, but you can't let them rule you. It shouldn't keep you from doing the right thing. When my son was in grade school, there were little kids that looked up to him simply because he wore that football jersey. Even at that early time in his life the

Wow, How did I miss this!!! What a GREAT POST! I apologize that I scanned right over this.

You are "Spot On" here. I have been coaching for several years, and there are two constants that my players can attest to in what I have attempted to instill:

1. Effort - You can't always control wins and losses, but you can always control effort. If your team is equal to the other, and you put forth more effort, you have a better chance of finishing the game as the happy team.

2. It's about the Name on the Front of the Jersey, not the name on the Back - You job is to do what it takes to promote your team in the most positive measure. Whether it comes from your performance (effort), support (sitting the bench) or your reactions (respect to teammates, officials, opposition and fans).

For Lebron, he carries not just the Cleveland Cavaliers on his chest, he carries the entire NBA. To react the way that he did, left an impression on everyone. And for us adults (and those almost adults) on BGR, we can debate and discuss maturely what he did, and espouse what we think was right or wrong. But for the youth, they see this and think it is OK. They will find excuses for Lebron to say what he did was OK. It's because they have no reason to think otherwise. Lebron has to carry the honor and dignity that God has bestowed upon him when he gave him these talents. That is a pretty big load to carry for a 23 year-old YOUNG man. And it is a lesson that he will have learned from.
Stardust Wrote:Wow, How did I miss this!!! What a GREAT POST! I apologize that I scanned right over this.

You are "Spot On" here. I have been coaching for several years, and there are two constants that my players can attest to in what I have attempted to instill:

1. Effort - You can't always control wins and losses, but you can always control effort. If your team is equal to the other, and you put forth more effort, you have a better chance of finishing the game as the happy team.

2. It's about the Name on the Front of the Jersey, not the name on the Back - You job is to do what it takes to promote your team in the most positive measure. Whether it comes from your performance (effort), support (sitting the bench) or your reactions (respect to teammates, officials, opposition and fans).

For Lebron, he carries not just the Cleveland Cavaliers on his chest, he carries the entire NBA. To react the way that he did, left an impression on everyone. And for us adults (and those almost adults) on BGR, we can debate and discuss maturely what he did, and espouse what we think was right or wrong. But for the youth, they see this and think it is OK. They will find excuses for Lebron to say what he did was OK. It's because they have no reason to think otherwise. Lebron has to carry the honor and dignity that God has bestowed upon him when he gave him these talents. That is a pretty big load to carry for a 23 year-old YOUNG man. And it is a lesson that he will have learned from.

:notworthy
MisterPerfect Wrote::notworthy

TY

MP, I've been meaning to comment about your Avatar - :Thumbs: :Thumbs: :Thumbs: :Thumbs: :Thumbs: :Thumbs: :Thumbs: :Thumbs:
I really love the weak excuse he came up with...
Aslan Wrote:I really love the weak excuse he came up with...

Shameful, it left a lot to be desired
Stardust Wrote:TY

MP, I've been meaning to comment about your Avatar - :Thumbs: :Thumbs: :Thumbs: :Thumbs: :Thumbs: :Thumbs: :Thumbs: :Thumbs:

I know it, Stardust. It's awesome! LOL
runninrebs21 Wrote:Because the charges were dropped after Kobe paid the woman off. I honestly don't think he raped her, but he definitely slept with her, that is why he went out and bought his wife an $8 million ring during the whole case. That isn't why I like Kobe though, I just think he has a horrible attitude and whines way too much.

You honestly are going on about nothing this thread has nothing to do with off the court matters, and kobe doesnt whine to much, he loves physical basketball, what did he say after he got tripped by jones? nothing, yelled a little then said ok i love basketball like this lets do it.

i knew this thread would go crazy with comments
BlackcatAlum Wrote:What if it was Kobe Bryant?

Well, after his sexual assault thing, how much he complains to the refs, after having a freaking movie about hm called "Kobe Doin Work", I'd say it would be much more of a scene if Kobe would have did it. This is Lebron's first mess up, he needs to be given a break.

Mike and Mike did a piece about a goalie back in the 80's who was known as one of the premier stoppers of his time, well he blew it in the Stanley Cup finals, and with AS MUCH TRADITION AS THERE IS IN HOCKEY, he skated right off the ice, mad as can be, and went to the locker room, not a thing was said about it.

But since the best basketball player in the world doesn't want to shake hands ONE time, it's a huge deal.
TheCandyManIsBack Wrote:Well, after his sexual assault thing, how much he complains to the refs, after having a freaking movie about hm called "Kobe Doin Work", I'd say it would be much more of a scene if Kobe would have did it. This is Lebron's first mess up, he needs to be given a break.

Mike and Mike did a piece about a goalie back in the 80's who was known as one of the premier stoppers of his time, well he blew it in the Stanley Cup finals, and with AS MUCH TRADITION AS THERE IS IN HOCKEY, he skated right off the ice, mad as can be, and went to the locker room, not a thing was said about it.

But since the best basketball player in the world doesn't want to shake hands ONE time, it's a huge deal.

I agree with you completely
Pages: 1 2