Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central 2011
I think they will have a strong running game this year and as always make a deep playoff run
Johnson Central will have solid teams year in and year out. The foundation has been set.
eagle dad 2014 Wrote:They we're unsung by the media, but I know JJ hugged their necks and thanked them after every game. He also thanked his line. It will be tough to replace Tanner, D.J., J.K. and the o line. On defence I think Bratton's is the one spot that will be hard to replace. There's a lot of young speed and size on this team. It will all depend on how hard they are willing to work this off season. The future looks great for JCHS football. We have 2 fine teams coming up from the middle school in the next couple of years.:Thumbs:

All of the boys will be hard to replace on both sides of the ball. But JC is full of talent. While Ousley and Brattons blocking will be missed, I think Tanners absense will really be felt in the FB position. Ousley, Hall and Bratton were all running neck to neck in defense. Couldnt pick between them. All hard playing players, that played well together.
They will have a tough game against Ashland for sure this year. they are losing their leadership in bratton and hall, tough year.
AshlandStateChamps Wrote:They will have a tough game against Ashland for sure this year. they are losing their leadership in bratton and hall, tough year.

Why will this year's game vs. Ashland be any different than 2010? JC is losing some good players, but seems to fill in nicely each year. JC was up on Ashland 21 - 0 after 5 plays from scrimmage at Ashland, and this year will be back in Paintsville.
Thunder 44 Wrote:Why will this year's game vs. Ashland be any different than 2010? JC is losing some good players, but seems to fill in nicely each year. JC was up on Ashland 21 - 0 after 5 plays from scrimmage at Ashland, and this year will be back in Paintsville.

Ashland returns most of its important pieces - Hunter, Whetsel, et cetera. We don't. Rowan County also brings back probably the best QB in the district. We will be in a legitimate dogfight for the first three places in this new district, and finishing third is a very real possibility unless some young kids turn up big and early.

This year at Ashland, we had the team which returned all the experienced players; next season, that shoe will be on the Tomcat foot. Expectations REALLY need to be tempered for this season. This is going to be a rebuilding year. It may exceed expectations in the end, but it realistically cannot be expected to be up to the standard of the last couple of seasons simply because of the sheer amount of talent lost and the sheer youth of the players replacing them.
jc and ashland will be a great game this year it is played at ashland again this year:rockon:
redsfan01 Wrote:What's the schedule looking like?
I heard they play at ashland again this year should be a great game
Spring practice started Monday. Had a big group out. High school football, I have missed you.:Thumbs:
The question is can Johnson Central win a title?
I don't know if they can win a title or not, but they looked good Tuesday. Drove by and watched practice from the old Kroger lot. I counted 94 boys practicing football. Absolutely unbelievable!!!
Keepnitreal Wrote:I don't know if they can win a title or not, but they looked good Tuesday. Drove by and watched practice from the old Kroger lot. I counted 94 boys practicing football. Absolutely unbelievable!!!

That's fantastic particularly when you consider that didn't include next year's frosh team (they aren't permitted to engage in Spring Football).

I know we all sometimes get hung up using the state championship as the measure of success, but when I read of a school getting 94 kids participating in an athletic program, that's a success to me no matter how far the team makes it in the playoffs.
does JC play Knox central this coming season ? it would be another good game IMO
pappy Wrote:He's got as much of a shot at D1 as Channing Fugate from Breathitt County has had, IMO.

How do you figure? Channing has size and that is something Jude doesn't have. I am not taking anything away from Jude and I personally believe this kid can play D1 but to say he has a better shot at D1 than Fugate is crazy.
Cat Daddy Wrote:How do you figure? Channing has size and that is something Jude doesn't have. I am not taking anything away from Jude and I personally believe this kid can play D1 but to say he has a better shot at D1 than Fugate is crazy.

I sincerely believe that JJ can play D1 ball, but to say that he has a better shot than Channing is a stretch. Best of luck to both going forward.

I remember JJ from his days in Yout League football; he was a competitor then, as he is now.
The Contrarian Wrote:I sincerely believe that JJ can play D1 ball, but to say that he has a better shot than Channing is a stretch. Best of luck to both going forward.

I remember JJ from his days in Yout League football; he was a competitor then, as he is now.

Jude is a GREAT HS running back. He is 5'10 185 at best and runs 4.6/40 come on now. Just because he runs past kids in EKY doesnt mean you are D1. I think he could play at EKU or other similar 1-AA schools which is good for any kid in EKY. Its not like 1-AA kids are failing off the trees at every school in the moutains. I think he should be a Mr. Football candidate no doubt.
94 players?????i believe it,,,but did they hire 8 new coaches also????if not at the tempo they work at , thats a rep per kid every 8 minutes.

Best news I have had in a while....If Coach was saying he had 35, i would get worried, very worried. Jim is a master at getting kids to believe, so i don't expect the loses to be a big deal...how hard is it to coach a player to get pissed off and try to destroy the D lineman in front of him? Their loss on D is where they will show it. Building Dline man takes time, Linebackers. Coach Reeves is all over it Im sure,,,,but with 94 kids", how do you get it done.

Jude is a very good back..( very Greg hackney-David Jones like),,,in the right system, who knows ,,,,He can twist out of tackles, very special. His frame can take another 20 pounds,,,Jude at 215,,,D1.

JC will be fine, win most of their games,,,,But i predict The Rowan County Vikings will lay the smack down on them. It wont be personal, Love those guys,,,but its coming.
VikingFan Wrote:94 players?????i believe it,,,but did they hire 8 new coaches also????if not at the tempo they work at , thats a rep per kid every 8 minutes.

Best news I have had in a while....If Coach was saying he had 35, i would get worried, very worried. Jim is a master at getting kids to believe, so i don't expect the loses to be a big deal...how hard is it to coach a player to get pissed off and try to destroy the D lineman in front of him? Their loss on D is where they will show it. Building Dline man takes time, Linebackers. Coach Reeves is all over it Im sure,,,,but with 94 kids", how do you get it done.

Jude is a very good back..( very Greg hackney-David Jones like),,,in the right system, who knows ,,,,He can twist out of tackles, very special. His frame can take another 20 pounds,,,Jude at 215,,,D1.

JC will be fine, win most of their games,,,,But i predict The Rowan County Vikings will lay the smack down on them. It wont be personal, Love those guys,,,but its coming.

Rowan may very well be the better team this year and win, but there's not many teams will "lay a smack down on them." I look for the Ashland and Rowan games to be wars. If you expect anything less than that from a Matney coached team you're joking yourself.
JC just keeps reloading and moving on. They will be the team to beat in the district. JC will have some young kids, but will have the most atheltic team they have had since Matney has been there. The feeder system Matney has set up is as good as any in the state and will feed some talented kids in this year. By districts time they will be fine and ready to play.

Rowan will learn what Ashland had learned, it is very tough to beat Matney and JC. Just look at the record year in and year out.
Keepnitreal Wrote:Rowan may very well be the better team this year and win, but there's not many teams will "lay a smack down on them." I look for the Ashland and Rowan games to be wars. If you expect anything less than that from a Matney coached team you're joking yourself.

I know that Coach Matney had a chance to schedule Ryle and backed out of the deal, would have been great to see JJ go against Travis Elliott. But I guess that we will not get the chance.
I have a clue on what coach Jim does. But the reality Rowan has a potential Pro QB. I will get my smacks in while I can, I know what JC is and will put on the field. But not next year,,,,
VikingFan Wrote:I have a clue on what coach Jim does. But the reality Rowan has a potential Pro QB. I will get my smacks in while I can, I know what JC is and will put on the field. But not next year,,,,

I hope the Rowan program is like you are. I will really enjoy this game! Bring this attitude when you play JC, just what we want.
MonsterMan Wrote:I hope the Rowan program is like you are. I will really enjoy this game! Bring this attitude when you play JC, just what we want.

Rowan co knows JC is a power house. We just hope to not get by 50pts. Dont listen to the Viking Fan he has not seen that Belly and JJ play football. RC is afraid right now of the Eagles and I know it for a fact. But I think they will show up in Paintsville and play the game.
VikingFan Wrote:94 players?????i believe it,,,but did they hire 8 new coaches also????if not at the tempo they work at , thats a rep per kid every 8 minutes.

JJ is good but dont compare him to David Jones.
Could someone tell me who the qb is going to be this year. And if he has any throwing ablity unlike jk was a strictly and option qb and does he have any varsity experience.
sstack Wrote:Too much is made over the 40 times. I have seen players with slow 40 times go out and get it done (Jude and Collinsworth are two examples), and people with fast 40 times who can not get it done. Field vision and ability to make cuts is very important as well as quick turn over ration with your legs and not long strides.
Mark Ingram first RB drafted in this past Springs NFL draft ran a 4.62 forty yard dash at the NFL combine. Ingram done 21 reps of 225lbs in the bench press I think JJ's personal best is 19 and he just a SR in HS
sstack Wrote:Too much is made over the 40 times. I have seen players with slow 40 times go out and get it done (Jude and Collinsworth are two examples), and people with fast 40 times who can not get it done. Field vision and ability to make cuts is very important as well as quick turn over ration with your legs and not long strides.
Mark Ingram first RB drafted in this past Springs NFL draft ran a 4.62 forty yard dash at the NFL combine. Ingram done 21 reps of 225lbs in the bench press I think JJ's personal best is 19 and he just a SR in HS