Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Lewis County
15.38%
Powell County
84.62%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lewis Co. vs. Powell Co. - Sept. 26
pirates will win this one
blitz43 Wrote::lmao: Go get the Panthers!

i agree:letsparty
NIECE Wrote:Lewis will not score unless Powell lets them, unless they have improved significantly.

Niece, I have heard that they are not that bad. I don't think they lost much from last yr. I am hoping for a shut out though. I think if Powell plays "D" like they did against FC, It can happen. I just want a win. Don't really care about the score but I wonder when was the last time Powell shut out 2 in a row. Not predicting that but was just wondering.
Go Pirates!!!
TongueirateSho TongueirateSku
blitz43 Wrote:Niece, I have heard that they are not that bad. I don't think they lost much from last yr. I am hoping for a shut out though. I think if Powell plays "D" like they did against FC, It can happen. I just want a win. Don't really care about the score but I wonder when was the last time Powell shut out 2 in a row. Not predicting that but was just wondering.
Go Pirates!!!

Has that ever happened?
bobcatfan22 Wrote:Has that ever happened?

I don't think so.
I will do some research and get back with ya.

I just did some researching and discovered that since 1998, Powell Co. has never had back to back shut-outs! They have only shut-out 4 opponents since 1998. They have been shut-out 11 x since 1998. That is just plain crazy.

They were close in 1998. They started 4 - 0. They beat Allen Central 22 - 12, shut-out Berea 24 - 0, beat Casey Co. 55 - 6, & then beat Magoffin Co. 34 - 6. Close but no cigar.

Of course though, the win is the most important thing. I don't want to but I'd rather give up 35 a game and win, than have 3 to 4 back to back shut-outs and only win 5 games.
blitz43 Wrote:I just did some researching and discovered that since 1998, Powell Co. has never had back to back shut-outs! They have only shut-out 4 opponents since 1998. They have been shut-out 11 x since 1998. That is just plain crazy.

They were close in 1998. They started 4 - 0. They beat Allen Central 22 - 12, shut-out Berea 24 - 0, beat Casey Co. 55 - 6, & then beat Magoffin Co. 34 - 6. Close but no cigar.

Of course though, the win is the most important thing. I don't want to but I'd rather give up 35 a game and win, than have 3 to 4 back to back shut-outs and only win 5 games.

Yeah i agree. A win is a win whether it be shutting out a team or only winning by 1!!
lewis co will win this game 16-14
Powell Co wins this game big
36-0
cj2561 Wrote:lewis co will win this game 16-14

Lewis wont have a chance in this game. They'll be lucky to even score.
I agree with bobcatfan22
I'll take the pirates, winning huge.60+
I dont think Lewis has enough team speed to even be on the same field as Powell.
Pirates by 30+
blitz43 Wrote:Niece, I have heard that they are not that bad. I don't think they lost much from last yr. I am hoping for a shut out though. I think if Powell plays "D" like they did against FC, It can happen. I just want a win. Don't really care about the score but I wonder when was the last time Powell shut out 2 in a row. Not predicting that but was just wondering.
Go Pirates!!!

Blitz, I have heard they are not that good. LOL Going by the scores and who they have played. However, a good friend of mine told me they do some things well. The kids need to be ready to play and seeing some of their comments on here doesn't look like they are ready. Predicting a win by 30+ and 60 sum to nothing. This is the worst site for a player to be on, it gets in their heads, and I personally don't think it should be allowed by coaches but that is my opinion. But I still think Powell will get the win, or should, let me say that. BTW, I didn't instigate conversation with anyone! Confusedhh:
I think Powell will win by a couple of TD's.

I know this will step on some toes but here goes.

Lewis County Athletics needs some EXTREME changes before it will be sucessful.The "Good Ole Boys Club" is not working. :dontthink When the politic's is done away with then they will be the force they should be.They want to win but win with only the ones they want to win with.Confusedhh:

Powell 28 Lewis 14 good luck Lions.
I hope some of LC players get on here to see some of these comments. Maybe if they see it they can use it for fuel.
uktailgaiter Wrote:I hope some of LC players get on here to see some of these comments. Maybe if they see it they can use it for fuel.

As for what I said there was nothing aimed at the Student Athletes at Lewis. There not the problem. Lewis has had some great athelets over the years but not much to show for it. There have been in years past and currentley a lot of athletes who gave sports up because of the un-official system that is in place.

I feel sorry for the new football coach he is one of the nicest guys you want to meet and he cares for all his players. He is expected to coach 2 sports and be succesful. Both sports are a year round job and he has to do both? I don't see how that will be possiple and compete for any kind of District,Region or State Title.

I hope they can get their first win of the season tonight.:Thumbs:
powell 3tds and powell jv plays 4th quarter
I'm with ya on that kybaseball.